Do you have any allergies? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 03-11-2003, 03:55 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:42 AM
yes, I'm sensitive to lots of things, synthetic perfumes, chemical fumes, some foods, I get hayfever at some times of year....bad way to be, having to deal with it...aaaacccccccccchooo.
My son told me some time ago prawns(shrimp) make his throat burn. He had a big reaction to eating just one the other night. Poor guy, I'd hate to be that allergic to shellfish.

Old 03-11-2003, 03:58 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Codeine and chocolate

Old 03-11-2003, 04:18 PM   #18
you are what you is
Local Time: 08:42 PM
the only thing I'm allergic for is stupidity
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 03-11-2003, 04:27 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Dust, mold, perfume, & cats are my main ones. Plus cigarette smoke has been known to make me sneeze for hours on end. Then there's the outdoor stuff in the summer.....

I take 5 different things a day: 2 pills, 2 inhalors, 1 nasal spray plus shots every other week. I have prednisone on hand if I get really bad and can't get to the DR right away. I'm an allergists dream patient.

I'm also allergic to penicillian, but I think it's more that I'm just immune to it cause it doesn't do shit for me when I'm sick.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:32 PM   #20
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Originally posted by verte76
I'm allergic to wool. I break out if I try to wear it.
yeah, i've got this one sweater that if i wear it, my skin breaks out. i have to wear a long sleeved tee under it, essentially defeating the purpose of wearing a sweater. i'm not sure what's in it, but i must be allergic to it!

also, my mom has severe eczema, and i guess i inherited it from her. ever since i was a baby, i occasionally get break outs. i had a real bad spot on my foot all summer, and now i have it all over my legs. luckily, this cream my mom's dermatologist prescribed me nips it right in the bud!

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 03-11-2003, 06:48 PM   #21
love, blood, life
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I cant eat bananas. Whenever I try to eat them or something with them in it my throat feels like its swelling up and the inside of my mouth gets sore.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:00 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 02:42 PM
my brother has enough allergies for our whole family...peanuts and possibly other nuts (no one wants to check and find out), asthma, sinus outdoor pollen stuff

i'm not allergic to anything i know of...other than common things like poison ivy and mosquito saliva...and i never had a problem with poison ivy until a couple years ago

i remember reading something in school about mosquito bites, it was one of those "weekly reader news" things we had in elemnetary schoo, and it said something about when a mosquito bites you, some of its saliva remains in your arm (or wherever it bit you) and if you are like most people, you're allergic to mosquito saliva and end up with an itchy red welt.

i get very sunburned though...
Old 03-11-2003, 07:35 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i have seasonal allergies
i am allergic to cats
i am allergic to beer
i am allergic to some meds and narcs:
Old 03-11-2003, 07:52 PM   #24
MacPhisto's serving wench
lactose intolerance, if you consider that an allergy (although lactaid pills work for me)

and mosquito Kristie they blow up really big as soon as they've bitten. I itch and itch for days...
yeah, summer's great.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:48 PM   #25
Local Time: 11:42 AM
I just have normal allergies to dust and pet hair, pop a couple allergy pills and i'm good to go.

I am severly allergic to cig smoke though, it's sets my asthma off something terrible, usually with me ending up in the ER.So I pretty much have permission to kick anyones ass thats smoking around me lmao

Old 03-11-2003, 10:12 PM   #26
New Yorker
I am allergic to a lot of crap. About a month after I started working where I do, they got real bad. Non stop sinus infections for 2 years until I had sinus surgery. That led to a terrible case of pneumonia that almost killed me......damn work. Living in DC - which is the worst place in the US for allergies does not help.

I get allergy shots and just bought one of those ionic air filters for dust. It rocks
Old 03-12-2003, 02:30 AM   #27
The Fly
Local Time: 06:42 PM
I'm allergic to Santa Claus, but fortunately he doesn't exist.

On an interesting side note, I used to suffer from quite bad hayfever, would sneeze my head off every morning. I have smoked for some time (bad for the health etc etc, we know all this) and now I don't get hayfever. At all. I call this a mysterious psychological reaction of some sort.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:49 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:42 AM
I'm slightly allergic to bees. I swell up bad if i get stung, once i got stung on my calf and my entire calf was swollen. It's not bad enough were I have to worry about getting sick or going into anaphalactic (sp?) shock or anything.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:13 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
allergic to the fall
and halloween, that's the worst - i used to not be able to go out for more than 10 minutes!

and the spring.
and cats , sometimes dogs

dust, grass

and any scent from Victoria Secrets