do you have an online ego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Copy said:

Maybe I'm just getting old...but what exactly are you laughing at? Your own joke?

that is correct. it has come to my attention that my jokes are too obscure. ppl don't get 'em. it turns out i have offended folks who i had no intention of offending.

so i thought this time, before anyone got bent out of shape, i would make it perfectly clear.

and to those whom i have offended, i apologize. esp the coldplay thing - it was just a joke! i don't even like coldplay

craptastic. maybe i'm too old. :shrug:

is it time for me to retire? hey - i need a poll but i'm not premium. Should bayou stay or go??? Vote Now!

Last edited:
Very-Funny-Cat-4.jpg

BC - i take no offense from copy. totally legit question. wish more ppl would ask so that misunderstandings do not develop.

actually my joke was probably lame. or is that lamp. or is that kirby.

now back to the real thread - cool cats with egos.
which btw leaves out puppyman :wink:

Last edited:
allow me to clarify again - because i think some of you misunderstood this question.

whether your online self is yourself is only part of the question. what you also need to answer is whether it has a life on its own.

now, can it dream, get hurt, fall in love, laugh and cry in ways that even surprise you now and then?

U2Man said:
allow me to clarify again - because i think some of you misunderstood this question.

whether your online self is yourself is only part of the question. what you also need to answer is whether it has a life on its own.

now, can it dream, get hurt, fall in love, laugh and cry in ways that even surprise you now and then?

I don't know if I'm answering the question but I've met a few what seem to be very outgoing people here on Interference and was very surprised to discover they're actually quiet and shy in person (not crippling shy but much quieter than the way they present themselves here)

My online ego is gentler than my real ego. And yes, I find my online ego responds to people differently than my real one. I perceive people differently, I bond with people differently. My response to people and the emotions they might inspire are different. Yeah, it feels sometimes like an alternate side of me that takes on a life of its own. The alternate side teaches me things I didn't know about me.

That was an interesting question, puppy man. In spite of my above post though, I don't dream as my online ego. And I don't get hurt as it. But different things reach me that don't in life. So it's not a fullfledged personality of its own.

I find that many people online, their ego is to talk a lot of shit but they can never back it up because they feel safe. They like to live in their little make believe life on line. They can say what they want on line because they know they won't get popped in the face like they would face to face with another person.

Wasn't there a banned alter that was claimed to belong to a cat? Now that's scary.

Carek1230 said:
online egos :lmao: :lmao:

Too many people hide behind who they *really* are when online.

I seriously hate that :angry:

I don’t mean to get all Zoo Confessional, but if anyone happens to be travelling near Reading, UK in the near future, I’d love to have a visitor or two. I’m in the National Prison Complex…cell number 36887-J. (Just a heads-up, if you’re bringing flowers: I have a severe allergy to daffodils.)

- Big Mitch :kiss:

i don't understand how someone like you could think that an offer wasn't on the table.

yes, someone like you. meant in the most positive of all ways.

...like in that rod stewart song.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're talking about, so I'm just going to back away slowly out of the thread.

As in, "Being with you makes me realize how much I miss being with someone else who's not you"?

Or as in, "Being with you reminds me how nice it is not to be alone"?

Because really, that first one wouldn't be a compliment. :flirt:

That's clearer. I appreciate you explaining it to me. I'm a little slow sometimes.

And awwww, thank you. :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom