Do you have a strong password?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doozer61

Blue Crack Addict
We got an email last week at work that they will be requiring us to change our passwords if they are not "strong".

A strong password must be:

At least 8 characters long
Include 3 of the following 4 different types of characters:
upper case letters (A-Z)
lower case letters (a-z)
numbers (0-9)
keyboard symbols ($#*_+&)

Do you have a strong password? I don't. :(

Guess I have some work to do.

My password is 19 characters long, includes lowercase, uppercase, spaces, and a number, bwahaha!

Our requirements (for the college) are minimum 15 characters, minimum 2 character sets (upper + lower, or lower+numbers, etc), must be changed once a year (they expire and you cannot use an old one), and you cannot repeat the same character more than 3 times in a row (ie, no AAAAAAAAAaaaaaa).

It takes hacking programs minutes to crack up to a 10 character password (which I can say with certainty b/c we've had it happen twice now). It would take nearly 3 years to crack a 15 character password, and our expire after one year.

nope. I'd never remember it if I followed those guidelines! :reject:

I follow one of those guidelines for Interland.

My other sites and msn use the similar password, but the numbers are different for each one.

I have the same password for everything, but it's a phrase, and no one would ever get it in a million years, so I feel OK about it. It's nothing significant, in fact it really means nothing, which makes it a perfect password.

Yep, that's the best way to remember, just use a phrase and type it like a sentence.

"I hate long passwords!"

There you go

Liesje said:
Yep, that's the best way to remember, just use a phrase and type it like a sentence.

"I hate long passwords!"

There you go

Yeah, something like "fucktheeagleslostagain" is perfect for a password. And currently accurate.

Tell Phil to add Andy Reid to his Christmas Card list.

Everything that involves money is different.
For forums etc. I use the same, but not really a strong. Six letters, lower and upper case.
For other pages I've created new ones, with signs and numbers and everything.
It's not a word, just what came to my mind, and then I type it in.
They are written on a little piece of paper, so if someone broke into my flat I would have to do some work. But when I'm gone I take the paper with me or place it at a secure place. I usually remember passwords after using them a few times.

If the page you are on uses a good encryption when you type in your password it doesn't need to be such a strong password as it's more or less impossible to hack that encryption if I'm not mistaken.

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, something like "fucktheeagleslostagain" is perfect for a password. And currently accurate.

HAha! But, you only have on character set (lower case), so it's not strong enough :shame:

I forgot my yahoo passowrd and now I cannot get access to my account. Yahoo personal is no help. Can someone hack into my account and reset my password for me? lol

I have way too many passwords...I'm surprised I remember them all! My Interference password should be stronger. If I start posting about my cult recruiting drive, or my fondness for heroin, please know something's happened.

Cleasai said:
I forgot my yahoo passowrd and now I cannot get access to my account. Yahoo personal is no help. Can someone hack into my account and reset my password for me? lol

:shifty:

Sure, just send me your driver's license number, checking account number, Social Security number and a major credit card.

LemonMelon said:
Has anyone ever used "password" as a password? :lol:
Actually according to the last few situations where a large amount of myspace accounts were hacked and had their login info publicly posted, the answer is "yes, a hell of a lot of people".

Nope. They're all a phrase pretty much. My hotmail password is kinda simple, if you think about it, and I've had it for like three-four years and it hasn't been cracked once. My myspace has been fished before, and they're still simple passwords. At school we have to change them like every two months. My current school password is four letters, and its a word.

In fact my only semi safe password is here. I forgot it once, and it gave me eight numbers, which I coulda changed, but never got around to it.

Canadiens1160 said:
Actually according to the last few situations where a large amount of myspace accounts were hacked and had their login info publicly posted, the answer is "yes, a hell of a lot of people".

failmotivationalwy8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom