Do you have a last name NO ONE can pronounce correctly? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-25-2002, 01:10 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:33 AM
Originally posted by martha
It's phonetic, even if it's Croatian.
My last name is Croatian as well, but I don't spell it with a "ch" ending, which means everybody pronounces it as a K.

ETA, Martha, is your S a "sh" sound or just an S? I know a lot of people with that last name.

Old 11-25-2002, 01:49 PM   #62
Elvis' Naughty Angel

my last name is Ukrainian. I gave up teaching people how to say it a long time ago.
whenever we went out for dinner and needed reservations, my dad would pretend our name was music. can't get that worng and it's close to how you would almost pronounce my name.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:53 AM   #63
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Originally posted by bonosloveslave

So was your name something other than Iris? Do you not say it like the flower? I would guess you say your last name like Suh-rob-eee-uh - is that even close?

my name is Iris but it should be pronounced in Spanish and not in English. and here is a lesson for you all: my given name should be pronounced like: Edys *yes,like the ice cream* The I in spanish is pronounced like an E the R is rolled. however since it is so hard for those who cannot roll their r's i rather go by Iris, like the flower.

and i guess if you are from the midwest you would pronounce my last name like that. haha.. and my last name should be pronounced like: Sah-Rah-Bee-Ah *roll the R* i don't even pronounce my last name properly. my cousins in Texas hate that i have butchered my own first and last name. lol. oh well.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:05 PM   #64
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Reimers. It's pronounced rhyme-rs. It's German.

A lot of people think it's pronounced Reemers, and I'm fine with that, as long as it's spelled right.

What I have a problem with is when people think it's Ramirez. WTF??