Do you have a...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you own/prefer...

• PC

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • Mac

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters
anyone who says macs aren't user friendly or anything needs to take a look at this. this is a screenshot i just took of my mac. you can tell by the countdown to the duran duran concert. :wink:

click the thumbnail cuz as you can see, it is a huge picture.

i'd explain it to you but it's too complex for your feeble little minds. naaw really if anyone cares enough i can explain what the hell that is. but all that cool stuff is really on my computer.

KhanadaRhodes said:
anyone who says macs aren't user friendly or anything needs to take a look at this. this is a screenshot i just took of my mac. you can tell by the countdown to the duran duran concert. :wink:

i'd explain it to you but it's too complex for your feeble little minds. naaw really if anyone cares enough i can explain what the hell that is. but all that cool stuff is really on my computer.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

For the first time in my life I'm actually interested in mac's.

Is that you're desktop or what? My mind is boggling. :hyper:

timothius said:
Is that you're desktop or what? My mind is boggling. :hyper:
it's a program called dashboard, it comes with the newest mac os, tiger. you can download widgets (most are free but some evil ones make you pay for full versions but they tell you on the site, seriously i've only come across one that does this) for it. each one of those thingies is a widget. they've got even more on the website.

from left to right, top to bottom, here's all the widgets displayed there:

- german to english translator
- dictionary/thesaurus
- e-mail cloaker (enter your e-mail address and it'll alter it so bots can't spam you when you post it online or whatever)
- yellow pages
- countdown
- cnn headlines
- package tracker (enter the tracking number of any of the companies listed)
- google maps
- air america broadcast :drool:
- wikipedia (i can actually view the site through that little bar)
- currency translator (i have it currently set up to to usd to euro but it does anything)
- local weather
- general converter (area, length, distance, etc.)
- imdb (again, the site)
- local cable listings (you can have it list everything or just your favourites, in my case i've got it listing just my favourites)
- lyrics to what you're listening to on itunes
- national weather (you can click on an area to zoom to that region)

i've got more but you can choose what you want to appear on the screen and organize it to appear wherever you want. so if you had like a 75" monitor with 54564654654x516515646545 screen you could obviously display more than i could. i've also got a recipe search thingie and more crap.

tiger is seriously the best os i've ever seen.

Last edited:
I'm a Mac guy, though I use both. It's the attention to detail in Macs (and the operating system) that have won and continue to win me over. Like Dashboard. It's ridiculously convenient to have access to all those things (weather, movie times, dictionary, local traffic, local tv listings, maps, translations, etc, etc, etc...) at the touch of a button, no matter what program you're in. I :heart: Dashboard.

Tiger rocks :rockon:

Last edited:
timothius said:

:drool:

Thank you so much for that rundown. Ace. I have a mac-shaped hole inside of me now.:huh:

:lmao:

I'm curious too... now. But I guess still, more programs are compatible with PCs than macs.

Zootlesque said:
I'm curious too... now. But I guess still, more programs are compatible with PCs than macs.
it depends on what you do on the computer. i've yet to come across a single program i liked on the pc that wasn't available on mac. if you're a serious gamer you might have a problem, otherwise it's highly unlikely there will be huge incompatibility issues.

Back
Top Bottom