Do you give yourself breast and/or testicular exams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not as often as I should considering a blood relative had breast cancer before age 25. :reject: But I do get a full physical and the other necessary tests once a year. I also have my dentist to soft tissue exams on my head and neck every time I see him, because my dad had a tumor in his neck. That, and the dentist told me he's caught like 7 cases of cancer since he started doing them as part of a teeth cleaning. :ohmy:

U2Man said:
the dentist only examines the tissue in your mouth, right?

Nope, head and neck (lymph system) as well. Under the chin, behind the ears, along the neck, up on the head, etc. I've had two bacterial infections resulting in lumps and abscesses on my head and neck, so I like to monitor it closely. My dad's tumor was under his ear, kind of where your jaw ends. He said it's recommended for people over age 21 or something and he's found several cases of cancer and tumors.

i guess he's looking for swollen lymph nodes which might be caused by a cancer or (more likely) an infection.

do you know what kind of bacteria caused your infection?

U2Man said:

do you know what kind of bacteria caused your infection?

Nope, I don't. I had to take heavy antibiotic regimens both times. The more recent time, I was also getting periorbital cellulitis in my eyes, so probably whatever bacteria causes that (I can't remember). The abscess from my the second occurrence (the week before Christmas) is now almost completely healed.

A symptom of Hodgkins disease (lymph cancer) is lumps on the head/neck. It's a serious cancer. That's mainly what he is checking for.

Yeah i check my ball bag time to time, no shame.

My grandad had a scare a while ago , he asked my uncle to have a feel for him cos he was worried. All was fine though.

Liesje said:

A symptom of Hodgkins disease (lymph cancer) is lumps on the head/neck. It's a serious cancer.

I can't remember the exact statistics, but it actually may be the cancer with the highest survival rate of all.

I have a yearly physical and I am not as diligent as I should be (on a monthly basis) otherwise.

Every day.

What constitutes an "exam" BTW?

Also, if I had breasts I'd probably be examining them all the time and would not be very productive.

Canadiens1160 said:
Every day.

Also, if I had breasts I'd probably be examining them all the time and would not be very productive.

:lol: Agreed.

Canadiens1160 said:
Every day.

Okay Dwight.

Liesje said:

Nope, I don't. I had to take heavy antibiotic regimens both times. The more recent time, I was also getting periorbital cellulitis in my eyes, so probably whatever bacteria causes that (I can't remember). The abscess from my the second occurrence (the week before Christmas) is now almost completely healed.

A symptom of Hodgkins disease (lymph cancer) is lumps on the head/neck. It's a serious cancer. That's mainly what he is checking for.

Most likely Strep Mutans

gherman said:

Most likely Strep Mutans

Like strep throat strep? I've never had strep throat, maybe this explains why. Weird. The antibiotics and draining the abscesses seem to do the trick. I don't even feel sick except for the side effects from the meds.

Back
Top Bottom