Do you feel your age?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am 30.

In Chicago about two years ago, I was asked to produce ID in a bar.

Although initially taken aback by the request, it also made me quite happy. :wink:

Mr. BAW said:
I'm 54; hanging out with the likes of you kids make me feel like I'm 25 which puts me 13 years younger than my wife...:wink: and all that that entails....:yes:

well, there is the old saying 'You're only as old as the person you feel'. Ahem, No double entendre intended.

I am 32 but people always think I'm in my early 20's ( :love: )

Although, I do feel my age sometimes, especially after dancing, or any kind of excersize lol :reject: Back aches, shoulder, neck aches etc :blahblah:

I am 27, but Ive always felt like im still 14. Still Sk8ing, still pulling stupid pranks, still going over to dads to eat all his food, still wearing 80's cut skater shirts ( anyone who skated in the 80's knows what this looks like, sleeves cut off all the way down to the hip of the shirt), but only when I skate, still wearing a mohawk just to piss my mom off at a wedding last saturday! haha! she was so embarrased!

I am 29. I am dead serious at work ( 80% of the time ) and act my age when its needed. The rest of the time i dont take my age very seriously. I have always had alot of fun and i always will.

HelloAngel said:
I'm 28, but look more early 20s. I act pretty much early 20s and only feel old when it's Friday night around 10pm and I for one reason or another find myself at home and tired instead of out at a club being silly.

Same here except I'm a couple of years younger than you.

I'm not sure if it's the brutal daily commute to my job or what.

The reason I started this thread was because it seem like an eternity when I was 16 to reach the age of 21........
Then........you get there...........and the next day, you are thirtysomething.......argh!

Oh well........

I'm 20 and I feel older when it comes to work and stuff like that. I compare myself to my parents, who are both in their late 40s. I work more hours than either of them, have more jobs than both of them combined, and am a full time student to boot. They get to divide their housework, bill paying, etc, but I'm responsible for rent and all the utilities where I live and managing tuition and my $30,000 in student loans on top of that. My younger bro and sis are both old enough to get themselves around and do their own thing, but my bf has a seizure disorder now so I drive him to and from work, to and from my house, and whatever errands he needs. Sometimes I feel like shouting "ok, I get how to do the grown up stuff! give me some time to sleep and get my homework done already!" :huh:

Physically, I feel my age, minus the damage my not having time to keep in shape has done to my body. I did go to gymnastics a week ago and go on the bars for the first time in almost 4 years and surprised myself. I can do all but one skill in my bar routine. Well, I can't connect any of them and DO the actual routine...heh....that would take a LONG time to get back.

I guess I'm OK with where I'm at. I can't do a lot of carefree fun stuff like partying all weekend, travelling, and whatnot, but those are the sacrafices I've made in order to be on my own and get where I want to be.

DeadMansParty said:
I am 27, but Ive always felt like im still 14. Still Sk8ing, still pulling stupid pranks, still going over to dads to eat all his food, still wearing 80's cut skater shirts ( anyone who skated in the 80's knows what this looks like, sleeves cut off all the way down to the hip of the shirt), but only when I skate, still wearing a mohawk just to piss my mom off at a wedding last saturday! haha! she was so embarrased!

:lmao: Ur so much like your pop!

This hobby makes me feel like I'm perpetually 22. I feel my age more when it comes to thinking about finances, like mortgage payments, taxes, my job, etc... just because there is a greater level of responsibility with it than when I was in college or fresh out. Yet when it comes to U2 money is no object!! :laugh: :shrug: You have to have fun!

It didn't hit me until about 2 months ago that I'm an adult. My boss said to me, "You're the adult here." I thought, "I am?" But I am. I'm 23. I don't feel like it. My husband and I goof off all the time. We watch cartoons and have fun doing kid stuff. I'm wearing a Batman shirt right now. We just bought a car today. That made me feel like an adult.

Physically I feel like I'm 40. I have chronic back pain (good old scoliosis).

The first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning is when can I take a nap today. :|

Otherwise I don't feel old. I'm 26, almost 27 (on saturday :angry: )

I've been mistaken for a high school student twice since school started last Tuesday. :wink: I don't think I look that young though.

Blue Room said:
This hobby makes me feel like I'm perpetually 22.

:laugh: So true! Although I am 22.....:lmao:

I go back and forth with how I feel.

Even at 22 now, people usually think I am about 18. Sometimes they think my 20 y/o sister is the older sister. I suppose I will appreciate this in a few years.

I don't feel much different than I did in high school; I am financially independent now but living off of loans and don't have a full time job so I'm not really in the "real world." Law school sort of seems big and important at times but most of the time it's just school and I've always been a student so it's same old same old.

I cannot believe people my age who are married/getting married. I consider my family to be my parents and siblings and cannot imagine being married right now. :huh:

In terms of physical shape, I definitely notice that running is harder now and I cannot run 8 miles a day no problem like I did in high school. And it's easier to gain weight (prob. because I am not running 8 miles a day) :|

RedrocksU2 said:
The reason I started this thread was because it seem like an eternity when I was 16 to reach the age of 21........
Then........you get there...........and the next day, you are thirtysomething.......argh!

Oh well........

Or older! Ack! :ohmy:

I remember when I was 16 I couldn't even conceive of being this old. I'm now 41 and my 25th high school reunion is coming up in a few weeks... That makes me feel old. :( Although not as old as the rest of 'em! (I was the youngest in my class. :D )

There are days where I do feel old physically (if I had thought I'd get this old I would have taken better care of me :huh: ), but otherwise I don't feel a whole lot different than I did 15 or so years ago.

HelloAngel said:
I'm 28, but look more early 20s. I act pretty much early 20s and only feel old when it's Friday night around 10pm and I for one reason or another find myself at home and tired instead of out at a club being silly.

I only feel old when I get tired, and I don't mean sleepy.

OMG..I thought I was the only one that felt that way:( (I am 27, will be 28 in March) I sometimes feel like I am wasting my 20's away because I work all the time and have no social life:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've always been a late-bloomer in the department of maturity when it relates to independence. I'm 20, and I still don't have a driver's license, I've never had a paying job, I have no girlfriend, and I'm living with my parents. Although I'm starting to want to get out of here at some point. Basically, at 20 I'm where a 16 or 17 year old should be in some ways. In other ways I'm really mature and am more like a 30 year old at 20 - those being peer pressure, caring what people think, listening to the music I want to listen to and not what's on the radio, reading people, that kind of thing. Physically I already have mild scoliosis, so that's definitely not 20.

But I still feel like I'm 20. I'll be 21 in September.

Back
Top Bottom