do you feel like you're missing something when you download a cd instead of buying it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I download albums but if I end up really enjoying the album, I'll order it off the web to support the band, or I'll buy it from the store. Sometimes I'll wait for the band to come by in town and buy it at the concert with some other merch or something.
but since I'm low on cash, I usually end up buying stuff used.
like someone said earlier, I care more about how the music makes me feel, but if it's to a point where I'm downloading too much and the bands aren't doing too hot, then I'll toss in the 15 bucks to support them

I'm with Martha and Saracene, here. Although I occasionally purchase single songs here and there, I always buy CDs when I want an album. It may be a dying art form, but to me, it's still art. I love looking at my CDs on the shelf, and I even have a display where almost all of my U2 CDs hang on the wall, covers visible.

I also love shopping for physical CDs. I live near a great local CD shop, and sometimes I'll spend an hour or two just browsing around, finding all kinds of treasures. :heart:

And for what it's worth, I BUY my music. I have friends who say, "I have that album and that album," when really every album they "have" was just stolen off the internet and they haven't given a dime to an artist in years. Like mofo always says, if you can't afford it, you don't need it.

Back
Top Bottom