Do you enjoy bottled water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John Stossel did some investigative reporting on bottled water last year for 20/20, including a blind taste test. I watched the report at the time, but the results are also still listed on the website:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=728070&page=1

The cheapest bottled water (American Fare, which is KMart's brand) came in first place, Aquafina was second, NYC tap water (from a public fountain in central park) tied for third with Iceland Spring, Poland Spring came next, and Evian came in last place, by a huge margin, with most people saying it was disgusting.

Personally, I think tap water tastes better, but then again, it also depends on where you live, as I've visited cities that have terrible tasting tap water. But as long as I'm here, where the water tastes great (and I don't know why, maybe it's the flouride or whatever the hell else is in it), I'll stick with the tap water. The only thing bottled water really has going for it is convenience. Then again, you can always refill the bottles with tap water, if you want to carry them around.

The tap water here tastes awful here too, but I bought a filter pitcher and all the water I drink or cook with goes through that. The last place I lived though didn't have city or county water -- we had cisterns. And for the last couple years I was there I never had to buy water because the rain kept the cisterns full. That water was excellent! I still miss it (even though the filter does a pretty good job).

the tv says that tap water put through a carbon filter is best as you get rid of heavy metals, but leave the fluoride.

i think it's a carbon filter, anyway.
:heart: brita :heart:

345651.jpg

:love:

love_u2_adam said:
where do you guys get your water from you ask......

great ol' Canada:drool:

the rockies!!!!

your stealing my water damn it..but you can have it not all but some:happy:

Uh, my tap water comes from Lake Michigan and it's pretty good.

At work, the people in my department pay for a water cooler. :drool: I usually buy a bottle of water and then fill it up. At home I drink tap water but I do buy cases of water from time to time.

I woke up with a stomach virus, so I pretty much don't have a choice. I have to enjoy bottled water today.

Water generally all tastes the same to me. In restaurants, I always take free water instead of the bottled water because I'm cheap...and it's just friggin water.

However, I like bottled water because it's easy to transport. And it comes with a resealable cap. And you can refill the bottle with tap water.

Bonochick said:
I like hard water from the hose. :drool:

:up:

i had a gaggle of thirsty teenage girls in my backyard last week.

i told them to drink out of the hose and they wrinkled their noses and said "ew, yuck!"

it's unnatural. an entire generation that doesn't drink out of the hose.

bonosgirl84 said:

i told them to drink out of the hose and they wrinkled their noses and said "ew, yuck!"

i'm 14 and i drink from the hose:shrug:

and bottled water's not bad, but i usually fill it back up with tap water

bonosgirl84 said:

Next time they wrinkle their nose, I say call in the fire department with their hoses! :angry:

:heart: drinking from the hose :heart:

I'm part of the drinking from the house club:rockon:

no I will not pay for bottled water:angry: but my tap water is great...its from a natural spring:drool:

I've had ghiardia which is a horrid thing to go thru, so I am careful what I eat and drink. I don't like our tap water, so I have a Brita pitcher, or I drink bottled water usually Dasani or Aquafina.

I don't like our tap water either...but we have a fridge that has water and ice in the door, and once the water is filtered through that, it's fine.

zoney! said:

Next time they wrinkle their nose, I say call in the fire department with their hoses! :angry:

:heart: drinking from the hose :heart:

There was some Dateline or some other news magazine special on hose water and how it's not great to drink. Something about what hoses are made from I think.

WildHoneyAlways said:

There was some Dateline or some other news magazine special on hose water and how it's not great to drink. Something about what hoses are made from I think.

lead

The tap water here in Phoenix is nasty. It's so hard it leaves thick deposits on your faucets and showers and it tastes like chlorine and the other chemicals that the town puts in it to "purify" it. :yuck: And they had too much fluoride in the water when I was growing up, so now I have dental fluorosis. :angry:

I've got a charcoal filter installed in my sink, and while it does help, it doesn't improve the taste that much. I do use the filtered water for cooking, but I drink bottled water.

The best bottled water I've had is Poland Spring, which they don't sell out here, unfortunately.

The tap water where I live is nasty. I use a filter, but I still didn't drink as much water as I should because I'd rather drink pop or something else that has actual flavor. I've been drinking fruit-flavored bottled water recently and really like it.

Back
Top Bottom