Do you enjoy bottled water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember when bottled water was rare thing, you certainly didn't see people swigging away at a bottle the way you can now. If I'm going to pay for a beverage I'll get something with a taste I enjoy or nutritional value.

Fruit-flavoured bottled water makes my throat hurt. The tap water here could potentially be lethal. So it's plain bottled for me.

Sue DeNym said:
The best bottled water I've had is Poland Spring, which they don't sell out here, unfortunately.

Omig... You totally reminded me of an ex who swore by that stuff! Although they don't sell it out here perse, the same bottlers sell another bottled water which you can buy out here. I want to say Arrowhead Spring Water. I could totally be wrong but I think that's it.

I never drink bottled water unless I'm on a road trip and forgot a bottle. I have a bottle that I re-fill every day. However, Grand Rapids was the first to use fluoride in water, so our water is very clean (almost TOO clean). I've always lived within the citry - no well water - so cleanliness has never been an issue.

Well the tap water in Glasgow's the best in the world (Official! :happy: ) but i do buy bottled water when i'm out&about and have started to drink it instead of coke etc)

Yeah, I doubt ours is near the best overall, even if it is "clean". There's so much fluoride that lifelong GR residents are advised not to use mouthwash or over-brush their teeth b/c the fluoride in tap water is doing the same thing and can break down the surface. :ohmy:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Yeah, I doubt ours is near the best overall, even if it is "clean". There's so much fluoride that lifelong GR residents are advised not to use mouthwash or over-brush their teeth b/c the fluoride in tap water is doing the same thing and can break down the surface. :ohmy:

Wow. :ohmy:

Since I'm a chronic coffee drinker, perhaps it would be a good idea to move to Grand Rapids.

GibsonGirl said:

Wow. :ohmy:

Since I'm a chronic coffee drinker, perhaps it would be a good idea to move to Grand Rapids.

Unfortunately, it's never a good idea to move to Grand Rapids :wink:

I wish I could blame the probs w/ my teeth on the fluoride, but alas, I've been adicted to soda for ten years. :reject:

tap water, since bottled water here costs more than.. um.. most any other beverage. You can get the same size bottle of rum for half the price :sexywink:

we have a cistern (with fish in it) here, which was fantastic, until we had to get some water from the distillery which was all chlorinated and now it's not as good. The bottled water (Heavenly Crystal Water) is ok but I only buy it when I've lost my water bottle and I need a new one.

Back at home we have well water that has a sulfurous odor... it's ok to drink but it smells so bad that nobody wants to.

Cleasai said:
Although they don't sell it out here perse, the same bottlers sell another bottled water which you can buy out here. I want to say Arrowhead Spring Water. I could totally be wrong but I think that's it.
That's odd, because Arrowhead tastes nothing like Poland Spring! To me, it tastes like a slightly cleaner version of tap water.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
There's so much fluoride that lifelong GR residents are advised not to use mouthwash or over-brush their teeth b/c the fluoride in tap water is doing the same thing and can break down the surface. :ohmy:
That is what I was talking about (warning: some disturbing dental pictures) http://www.fluoridealert.org/dental-fluorosis.htm

Back
Top Bottom