do you believe in santa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you believe in santa?

• yes, i love santa and i cant wait for him to leave prezzies under the tree!

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • no, santa's fake. get over it.

Votes: 29 80.6%

• Total voters
being an elf, i do believe in santa. :yes:

i love watching the families we deliver to look at myself and the other elves in total amazement as we bring the gifts into their homes. i am sure when we called them, they did not want to believe but when we appear at their home, they are so filled with the power of faith. and the kids absolutely believe, especially after their wishes have been fulfilled. :yes:

I like the idea that Santa makes children happy around Christmas time, in that form I believe Santa is of a good cause. It's pretty obvious that he's not real. I don't think I should have to get all logical about this, but if you don't hear a fat man breaking down the bricks from your chimney on every Christmas Eve, you have to wonder.

Macfistowannabe said:
if you don't hear a fat man breaking down the bricks from your chimney on every Christmas Eve, you have to wonder.

good answer:lol:

Yes because I believe that generosity and goodness are real and reside within each and every human being. You just have to be able to access that goodness all the time, not just on special occassions and for a select few.

:heart:

I was 4 when I found out he wasn't real. I accidentally saw my mom and grandmother pushing a kid's canoe under the tree late in the evening when I went to the bathroom and peaked in to see whether Santa had come.

It would be nice if he were real and I didn't have to buy so many toys :sigh:

I have told the story before, I believed until second grade when a girl told us he was fake and it made me sad and suspicious. But I still tried to believe until I was snooping in my big brother's room and found the toys I had asked for stuffed under the bed. I felt a sick chill and my heart jumped and my stomach hurt. But I didn't tell anyone in fear I wouldn't get the toys;)

In my family no one ever mentioned him not being real, it just reached the point where you 'knew' and everyone knew you knew but no one ever spoke the words and spoiled the magic.

"Oh, please...there's only one fat guy that brings us presents, and his name ain't Santa." -Bart Simpson

Believe it or not, I think I was 10 before I found out. The kids at school, evil monsters they are, loved to try and burst our gullible bubbles. But my parents were so incredibly imaginative, they came up with perfectly logical reasons why Santa did exist. Most of them came from my Dad--he's a cop and he would say things like "Well, I was on a call that someone had broken into a house, and when I got there there were sooty bootprints in the snow, and hoofprints..."

What finally did it was discovering the presents...and I was so sick and guilty at having found them, you have no idea. :(

Nothing has ever proved me wrong. He never brought me Martin Skoula, and I doubt Viggo Mortensen will be under the tree this year.

of course there is a Santa - because if you dont believe how can your kids believe.

I remember being little and driving Xmas eve night prior to midnight mass, visiting relatives, listening to Santa radar and looking and looking for those lights in the sky....Christmas is a great time of year.

i believed in santa until i was 6. my dad decided it would be fun to get a santa suit, but he screwed up the plan, and locked himself out of the house. he went around to the backyard, we had a sliding door off the deck that led into the kitchen, and i was sitting in the kitchen with my sister making cards or snowflakes or something...my sister (she was 4) got really freaked out that santa was trying to break into the house, and my parents ended up explaining that santa wasn't real.

i don't really remember when i found out santa wasn't a real person, breaking into homes everywhere on christmas eve, so i guess i couldn't have been too traumatized by the information. i was probably 7 or 8...

my favourite story about finding out there was no santa comes from one of my friends from university. you know how lots of kids leave out milk and cookies for santa, well, my friend decided he wanted to leave apples for the reindeer too, all 9 of them. his parents went along with that, but when he got up in the morning, he saw that the apples were back in the fridge, and thus figured it out.

Back
Top Bottom