Do we have an official MLB 2k5 thread yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like when people who are fans of teams that didnt even make it into the playoffs try to make fun of people who are fans of a team that made it to the world series

quite comical if you ask me

trojanchick99 said:
Hello Hello!

Just thought I'd join in on the discussion here. Personally, I really don't have much to complain about right now, being a Dodger fan :dancing: 10 and 2! WooHoo! Makes me forget about those damn lakers.

Anyways, I for one am surprised at just how well the Dodgers have been playing. I mean, I shouldn't be too surprised, given how good a manager Tracy is, but considering this is practically a different team than last year no one really know what to expect.

I am looking forward to getting Gagne and Penny back. I also hope that Izturis' throwing problems aren't the start of a Knoblauch-like implosion.

Anyways, Hello all! Here's to a great season!

whoa... I think I'm in luv with you :drool:

LA is also missing Alvarez, who people forget about but has turned into a very solid relief pitcher....think he's the best "long" reliever on the team.

Worth is also on the DL, he's a solid OF.

With Bonds out and in a weaker division, they can really separate themselves the first couple months.

Last edited:
yeah the bullpen is weak without alvarez and gange but my problem with believing in the dodgers is the fact that they do play in a really weak division. I will reserve judgement until after they play a real team; like say the cards. But I'm also looking forward to penny and gagne returning because my fantasyteam needs them to balance out so that I can pull away from the jesus in the standings. ;)

may 9th is the beginning of a 4 games series between the cardinals and dodgers, should be a good time

i gained a lot of respect for the dodgers after the series with them in the playoffs last year. the handshakes and comments afterwards by the dodgers manager and players were very very classy, so im glad to see them doing well

how sweet would a dodgers vs cardinals nlcs be :drool:

anyone pick up willy mo pena on their fantasy team? he might have a breakout monster season

peter gammons loves his stick

RademR said:
i dont think theres a reason to motivate the yanks. They started 8-11 last year, last time i checked there were 162 games in a season.

True enuf. I think that Steinbrenner deliberately held off on the tirade until the D-Rays came into town, 'cuz he knew that the Yankees would smack 'em around and make him look like a genius.

The Yankees went 3-3 against Boston. Can't say that's too surprising. The problem is that Baltimore went absolutely nuts against NY. Brian Roberts has a 1.365 OPS. Insane.

if the yankees lost 2 games in a row steinbrenner sends off some sort of tiranical missive... most of them go unnoticed... because the fact that they're playing like such dog crap right now is for some reason a national story, king george the third's latest missive became big news.

he really does this all the time. at least once a month.

and for those who say he's nuts... he knows exactly what he's doing. he goes on a little tirade, and the team scores 19 runs the next day... everyone's like gee, i guess it worked... ignoring the fact that they played the devil rays.

Last edited:
trojanchick99 said:

Funny! So far, so good with Bradley. I'm still kinda scared with him and Kent in the same clubhouse, but seems to be working. Of course winning is a great way to maintain the clubhouse.

Kent's quite the interesting individual, yeah. Anyone that tries to fight Bonds deserves praise, jerk or not.

And, yes, as you say, winning cures all, or most, ills.

As usual, should be an interesting baseball season.

Last time the Yanks won 19-8 (before Monday) was game 3 of the ALCS, what happened next? They didn't win a game the rest of the season...last night the D-Rays light up the Average sized Unit...perhaps the first of 139 straight losses to close the 2005 season???:wink:

brothah?

hoganbootband3.jpg

Smashed my cah window. I knew I shouldn'ta pahked my cah theah.

MrsSpringsteen said:
It's OK, ARod saved Manny's ball from an oncoming car
Actually a fan with a glove hanging on the train tracks caught Manny's ball, then ARoid slapped the ball from the fan's glove, it rolled onto the Masspike and was squashed by an 18 wheeler. The only good thing is Payrod dropped his purse on the tracks and the commuter rail train ran it over, shattering his favorite mascara case.

ARod doesn't cry, but he said Curt cries

Hey David Wells almost had a shutout last night, maybe I brought him good luck going to that game he pitched last week when they won 10-0 :wink: He's on a roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom