Do we have an official MLB 2k5 thread yet? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2005, 06:55 AM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:32 AM
he does have one hell of a voice, but alas, this is a baseball thread...

thoughts...

-i'm much more excited about john smoltz's performance than i am disapointed in braiden looper's. am i the only person who doesn't believe smoltz will make a smooth transition back to the starting rotation? he'll be 38 in May, and he hasn't started a game since early 2001. he hasn't pitched an entire season as a starter since 1999. Why, now, do we think he's capable of comming back and being the old smoltz again?

--apparently the rockies are the new tigers... bitches.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 AM   #77
War Child

Local Time: 03:32 AM
we'll see who the bitches are when teams are leaving coors with their tails between their legs and the pitchers don't recover for weeks (i'm looking at you trevor hoffman ).

Old 04-06-2005, 11:02 AM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Boston manager Terry Francona was taken to a hospital Wednesday with tightness in his chest, and was expected to miss the Red Sox’s afternoon game against the Yankees.
Francona, who turns 46 on April 22, said all morning he was not feeling well, according to general manager Theo Epstein. Francona was taken by ambulance to New York Weill-Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan, where he has relationships with several doctors.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase on 5/14/04
if the tigers make the playoffs, i will print this thread out on my printer, cut out my posts, and literally eat my words... and if you'd like to arrange it, feel free to send the tigers over to scratch my ass.
if the rockies make the playoffs, i will print this thread out on my printer, cut out my posts, and literally eat my words... and if you'd like to arrange it, feel free to send the rockies over to scratch my ass.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:48 AM   #80
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
if the rockies make the playoffs, i will print this thread out on my printer, cut out my posts, and literally eat my words... and if you'd like to arrange it, feel free to send the rockies over to scratch my ass.
k, we'll see...it is nice to have a baseball team in denver to get excited about, i have not been this excited about baseball since 1998. genR will surprise a lot of teams. everyone is used to coming into denver, playing their scrubs all weekend, and still winning 2 of 3. those days are done. these guys don't know that they're supposed to suck. all that they know is playing baseball, and they will play to win every game.

the lineup is there to be able to manufacture runs AND hit the longball. they will take advantage of coors field like no rockies team has done since the blake street bomber teams. i think they can win 50-60 games at home, and if they do that, they only have to get close to .500 on the road to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

This must be a first...Johnny Damon thrown out stealing 2nd on ball 4 to Trot Nixon.
Steinbrenner seen writing out a check to the 2nd base ump while happily chomping on a calzone.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:20 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

As for the Rockies...they lack just one thing...pitching.
Their staff would be subpar in Comerica Park with the fences moved out instead of in, in Coors the team ERA is likely to be double digits....female dogs!

No playoffs for the Rockies...lady pooches!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:19 PM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor

mariano rivera gets knocked around for the second night in a row... perhaps mike and the mad dog can get off braiden looper for a day now
Old 04-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #84
Blue Crack Distributor

3 walks, 3 hits, 5 runs in 2/3rds of an inning...

perhaps he should have pitched a bit in the offseason
Old 04-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Mo was getting booed a bit when he left the game. That's harsh.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor

not that i really care either way... but with the amount of times that the red sox have hit derek jeter, purposely or otherwise, you'd think by now joe torre would take off the skirt and have someone put a fastball in the ear of ortiz or varitek.

the yankees are pansies these days.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Mo was getting booed a bit when he left the game. That's harsh.
Very...as a yankees fan, I cant imagine booing Rivera.

The guy has problems facing the Sox, he was like 0-2 and blew 4 out of 10 or something against them last year.

Is it a problem? Could be, but the guy is as good as it gets. He'll save 40 this year, and hopefully a few against Boston.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
not that i really care either way... but with the amount of times that the red sox have hit derek jeter, purposely or otherwise, you'd think by now joe torre would take off the skirt and have someone put a fastball in the ear of ortiz or varitek.
I agree. When the game got out of hand in the 9th and it was 7-3 , I thought Rivera was going to nail someone. He was throwing everything out of the strike zone anyway...might as well
Old 04-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #89
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
As for the Rockies...they lack just one thing...pitching.
Their staff would be subpar in Comerica Park with the fences moved out instead of in, in Coors the team ERA is likely to be double digits
i pretty much agree with this, yet i still have their entire starting rotation on my fantasy team, man am i screwed...i didn't even participate in the live draft, i just got stuck with them.

but, jennings was the '02 rookie of the year and is 23-14 all time at coors. chacon made the all- star game as a starter the year before last (and is back in the rotation after is AWFUL bullpen stint last year). hopefully chin hui tsao gets healthy, he's been a league wide top prospect for a few years. and for a closer, we have byung yung kim. he has shown talent at times, but is also a notorious choker, so only time will tell,

and except for the fact that they are on my fantasy team, i don't care what their era is. the only numbers that matter are the numbers in the 'w' column. as they showed in the opener, they can give up 10 runs, and still win the gam. so i'm not worried about their stats (or lack thereof). i just care that the team wins.

and finally, eveyone forgets that the other team has to pitch here too. the altitued effects both teams equally, and everyone's era's skyrocket after a visit to denver.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:29 AM   #90
Refugee

Oh, Ryan Dempster...

Going to the Cubs home opener on Friday...I hope Kerry Wood doesn't stub his toe.

I hate being negative, but sometimes...at least when we were losing, it was easier to take.