Do we have an official MLB 2k5 thread yet? - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #391
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:40 PM
going to my second Met game (got a 6-pack with some friends) sunday vs. the southern califrornia metroplex angels... and the collie molestor himself will be on the mound... my first time seeing pedro pitch in person.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:48 AM   #392
ONE
love, blood, life

nice. have a blast.

i gotta get out to shea soon. I miss that damn beat up red apple that pops up when a met hits a homer

Old 06-09-2005, 07:57 AM   #393
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Nationals are leading their division...

I guess I need to become a baseball fan quick.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:29 AM   #394
ONE
love, blood, life

Nationals have some talent........they could eventually end up in first or at the very least, become a spoiler down the stretch.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #395
ONE
love, blood, life

Nationals have been winning by only a small handful runs each game (ala Chicago White Sox - outside of last night). they need to produce more runs.

I have been amazed by the Phillies. I have seen them play four games this year already (in three different ballparks), and they SUCKED up each of those games (except when they beat the Cubs ).

I am excited about the National League East (that sounds weird).
Old 06-10-2005, 07:07 AM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

It's been, oh, 87 years now, but MLB finally figured out that a series between the Cubs and Red Sox was probably a good idea...
Old 06-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #397
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
It's been, oh, 87 years now, but MLB finally figured out that a series between the Cubs and Red Sox was probably a good idea...
Yeah, not so good if you live in Lakeview and want to go anywhere this weekend...
And enough with the "Curse" garbage! Excuses, excuses.
PS--> I just heard on the radio that scalpers are selling tickets at face value outside the park. Apparently they have too many. Get over there people if you're interested.
Can't there be a rain out so noone wins.

Go White Sox.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #398
ONE
love, blood, life

i'm going tomorrow.

go cubs.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

Old 06-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #400
War Child

Local Time: 01:40 PM
i think i hate everyone named Kaz. Obviously im a mets fan. Matsui and Ishii will be the downfall of this team
Old 06-10-2005, 07:21 PM   #401
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

the yankees are terrible. and by terrible i mean fundamently terrible.

watching giambi botch three plays, posada have a passed ball down the middle of the plate (granted the ball was high but still...youre a catcher...catch...), sheffield go down on one knee to field a ball on a basehit to rightfield with a runner on first and then making a terrible throw to third base allowing sanders to go second and then having robinson cano have a nice E-4....

if youre not playing well against the royals, twins and brewers and you plan to play like this against st louis, youll get what has happened so far.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #402
ONE
love, blood, life

I am trying to figure out why you are putting the Twins in the same sentence as the Brewers and Royals. with a 603. winning percentage, they have the third best record in MLB behind The White Sox and Cardinals.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #403
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
I am trying to figure out why you are putting the Twins in the same sentence as the Brewers and Royals. with a 603. winning percentage, they have the third best record in MLB behind The White Sox and Cardinals.

the twins are a very good team but they're a team that the yankees have historicly handled with ease. the brewers and royals blow. losing the series to two horrific teams and one team that you normaly beat just adds to the ever growing facts that the yankees, despite an MVP type season out of a-rod, just really aren't that good. their pitching is old and with the exception of rivera their bullpen stinks. randy johnson has finally broken down. he either needs to go back to the NL, where he may be able to squeek out another good year or two, or simply just retire. it's over for him.

back to a-rod for a second... how ironic is it that now that he's finally putting up the numbers we expect him to put up, the yankees stink.

and now to the twins, and the AL central in general... cleveland, kansas city and detroit (bitches) all suck... and really really suck... so both minnesota and chicago have a chance to win a lot of games.

the angels and the rangers don't appear to be going anywhere, and seattle and oakland both blow.

the orioles and red sox are both going to be there till the end, and it looks like even toronto will be hovering around .500 for the season.

so long story short... it's gonna be hard as shit for the yankees to get into the playoffs... in fact, it's going to be difficult for any team from the AL east to win the wild card... so Boston best take over baltimore if they want to defend their title.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #404
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

i think he mentioned those 3 teams because those are the last 3 teams the Yankees has played, and they had played piss poor against all 3 of those teams
Old 06-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #405
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the twins are a very good team but they're a team that the yankees have historicly handled with ease. the brewers and royals blow. losing the series to two horrific teams and one team that you normaly beat just adds to the ever growing facts that the yankees, despite an MVP type season out of a-rod, just really aren't that good.
correct

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

i think he mentioned those 3 teams because those are the last 3 teams the Yankees has played, and they had played piss poor against all 3 of those teams
also correct