Do we have an official MLB 2k5 thread yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the cardinals are only a game behind the white sox for the overall lead now ;)

Fate spits on me because I am a Cubs fan.

prior.jpg

phanan said:
How exactly does a team have five straight hits and only get one run?

Ask the Red Sox.

:mad:

Just be glad Dale Sveum isn't a traffic cop.

Buddy Bell is undefeated as Royals' Manager and a leading candidate for manager of the year.
On a related note, George Steinbrenner was heard saying "F*ck Kansas City, you can't get a good calzone in this city. I hope we never have to play here again against a scrub team with the 2nd lowest payroll in the majors, they have no business being on the same field as the mighty Yankees."

Did Pedro make a deal with Beltran that Carlos only homers in Pedro's starts?
Thats an odd stat this deep into the season.
How about GenR...they can't even play .300 baseball till the sad sack Cardinals come to town and suddenly they're a .500 club when the see Larussa and co. in the visitor's dugout.

Hewson said:
Did Pedro make a deal with Beltran that Carlos only homers in Pedro's starts?
Thats an odd stat this deep into the season.

i believe that was tied into the signing bonus...

and now a question for the red sox fans... was pedro always this happy? i know he's always been wacky, and has been known to be a clown in the dugout and clubhouse when he isn't pitching... but i don't ever remember him being so animated and jovial durring games where he's actually pitching. he really seems to be enjoying himself out there.

maybe it was just seeing him against the yankees too often... where he takes on a different demanor. :shrug: that's been the most surprising thing about pedro... not that he's pitched great... that's not very surprising... that he's been such a happy go lucky guy.

11577pedrosprinkler2.jpg

11577pedrobow.jpg

11577pedrobow2.jpg

11577pedrobow3.jpg

Pedro might be a candidate for NL Cy Young, but the D Train in Fla is pitching pretty darn well too. His ERA (1.85) is a lot lower than Pedro's (2.62) and also sports a 9-2 record. Granted, the Mets bullpen blew a couple for Pedro.......

When things go well, Pedro is the happiest guy in MLB...always clowning, smiling , getting taped to the dugout columns, whatever.
Its only when he's in a slump or hurt that the negative stuff comes out. While he's pitching well, you'll thoroughly enjoy having him as a Met. If he starts to break down in anyway, it might be a different story.
I always enjoyed having Pedro here, even some of his pissed off comments to the media, like "Wake up the Bambino, I'll drill him in the ass", he's not just the best pitcher of the last decade or so, but a very colorful and entertaining personality.

O's versus Tigers in Detroit tomorrow.

Have we had any conversation on Coco Crisp yet?

I love how he makes my milk so chocolately after the cereal is all gone!

Well the Cardinals do play well in April, May, June and July.
Its August, September and especially October that they have issues with.

1 world series win and the red sox fans get all cocky

do we really want to compare October success' between the Cardinals and Red Sox over the past 100 years?

The Cardinals have the second most World Championships, only behind the Yankess, while the Red Sox win one about every 86 years.

Chizip said:

do we really want to compare October success' between the Cardinals and Red Sox over the past 100 years?

The Cardinals have the second most World Championships, only behind the Yankess, while the Red Sox win one about every 86 years.

hey... 1 out of ever 86 is a .012 winning percentage. if that doesn't spell post-season success, i don't know what does.

Chizip said:

Sure.

Cardinals postseason winning percentage: 51.9%
Red Sox postseason winning percentage: 51.6%

So another meeting this October and we'll pass you...

:D

REDEMPTION

oh yeah baby

best part of the game - error by renteria followed by a two run triple by eckstein, gotta love it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom