Do We Get Some Respect Now?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
The Steelers whined that the "better" team didn't win the AFC Championship game.

People have picked the Pats to finish 3rd in the AFC East this year.

Many have picked the Steelers to win the AFC.

Check the score boys.

We won the Superbowl.

And we're beating you again.

It's 27-7 with 2:08 in the 4th.

I put up with the Pats being slagged about 1986.

It's time for some respect.

*hmmpphhhh*

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Steelers sucked tonight. I turned off the game, I was so pissed. What the fuck was Kordell doing? :down:

Maybe it's a first game slump, we can pull it together.

*half heartedly waves her Terrible Towel*

p.s. This should be in that sports forum :p

this was a no-win situation for the Steelers, a road game against the defending Super Bowl Champions to start the season, and on monday night? Steelers have played like crap, but they will still win 11 or 12 games, their division and schedule is easy this year

Popkid:

Did you have anything to do with the Patriots' organizaiton playing U2's "Beautiful Day" over the house PA at the end of the game, while ABC interviewed Tom Brady?

Do you think John Madden was dancing to U2 up in the press box?

Do you think ABC is a bit premature in wondering about New England going to another Super Bowl?

Have you ever heard comedian Frank Caliendo do his impersonation of John Madden?

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
Steelers looked horrible tonight! I stopped watching it when it was 27-7! :D But saw the ending when they scored a touchdown ...why all that effort when it was basically over? :crack:

The Steelers suck, and as long as Kordell is their QB, they will go nowhere.

As for the Pats, they looked good yesterday, they were lucky to win the Super Bowl, I mean 6 TD in the playoffs and they end up as champions? that takes a great oportunistic defense and great special teams, and some luck, and the Pats had all that, if anything I think their team is better this year, specially with more experience and some more weapons in offense, and I think since the lack of recognizion, they are still hungry, but this is the NFL and it will be really really hard to do it again, to start I think they are in the toughest division in the NFL with the Dolphins, Jets and Bills, so even the divisional tittle is not something they can take for granted.

Last edited:
rafmed said:
The Steelers suck, and as long as Kordell is their QB, they will go nowhere.

AFC Championship game.

Anyway, there's a theory I have about U2 and sports.

Anybody remember when U2 performed during halftime of the Game 1 of the 2001 NBA Finals? It was the only game of the series that the LA Lakers lost, the Lakers being (as we all know) the dreaded rivals of the Boston Celtics.

And where did U2 perform for halftime? BOSTON.

Then we have the Super Bowl, in which the underdog New England Patriots (Boston's team) upset the St. Louis Rams. Who played during halftime? U2.

The presence U2, an Irish band, creates an aura that helps the Boston team or hurts the team that Boston despises - which makes sense, as Boston is known for its Irish immigrants and St. Patrick's Day festivities.

Given this theory, there is only ONE way the Boston Red Sox can win the World Series: Each member of U2 must sing the National Anthem on a different night - four band members, and that would allow Boston to win the required four games in the series.

(Getting Bono to do it? No problem. Edge? Iffy. Adam and Larry? DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.)

Bubba

Given this theory, there is only ONE way the Boston Red Sox can win the World Series: Each member of U2 must sing the National Anthem on a different night - four band members, and that would allow Boston to win the required four games in the series.

(Getting Bono to do it? No problem. Edge? Iffy. Adam and Larry? DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.)

Bubba

Bubba, you may have just found the cure....

*runs off to write letters to principle about the idea*

The RedSox will never break the Bambino Curse, not even if Bono play 3th base for them :laugh:

0140296336-resized220.jpg

U2Bama said:
Popkid:

Did you have anything to do with the Patriots' organizaiton playing U2's "Beautiful Day" over the house PA at the end of the game, while ABC interviewed Tom Brady?
Hey Bama. I was at the game, and the Pats used U2 music during pregame and halftime ceremonies as well...Beautiful day during a video montage of the 3 playoff games last yr before unveiling the Championship banner, and then Walk On during a halftime retrospective of the 2001 season.

The Pats' owners (I believe specifically the owner's son Jonathan Kraft) are big U2 fans, and had attempted to get the band to be the first act to play at the new stadium.

And as for Super Bowl predictions being premature...well a lot will happen over the next few months, but that team was as solid as I've seen in a long time coming out of the gate. The only major player loss in the offseason was Drew Bledsoe, who was not gonna play under Belichik anyway, and they made sevearl positive additions. They have as good a shot as anyone.

And the Red Sox don't need U2 to win the World Series, they need 162 regular season games and then 3 playoff series all to be against the Tampa Bay Revil Rays.

Hewson,

tell me a little bit about the montage that ran (walk on)....i edited a montage with walk on that ran in a bar in Boston (several times)...i know that Kraft got a copy....I used two versions of walk on and the last shot is a helmet in the air.......the part with "all that you fashion, all that you make......) i used shots every six frames........do tell!

The "Walk On" montage was to the single version of the song, with the "Halleluah" tag at the end. I believe the closing shot was of the Lombardi Trophy when Robert Kraft raised it at the Super Bowl. It was a montage of the entire season, and one shot I remember vividly was at the point of the lyric "If the darkness is to keep us apart" was a shot of Drew Bledsoe on the sideline just after the hit by Mo Lewis that knocked him out followed by a shot of Bill Belichick, which I thought was cleverly in tune with the lyric.
Hope that helps.
If it was your work, it was quite good, a perfect song selection and well synced to the highlights.

Hewson said:
The Pats' owners (I believe specifically the owner's son Jonathan Kraft) are big U2 fans, and had attempted to get the band to be the first act to play at the new stadium.

THen I must say that I respect their musical choices for the games.

Alabama football games had a very good pre-game jumbotron presentation up through last year, using Emerson Lake & Palmer's "Fanfare for the Common Man" behind quotes and video clips from our history (Bear Bryant, national championship teams, etc.). I went to the home opener Saturday night and they have an all new presentation, music courtesy of Creed, unfortunately. Somehow, it just doesn't go with football.

I plan to lobby the basketball program to incorporate at least excerpts of "Elevation" into the warm-ups or starting line-up at the home games this year. It is quite fitting if you think about it.

~U2Alabama

P.S. The Ol' Ball Coach is getting beat 30-7 at present.

Spurrier is often baffled at such defeats, and it makes for some funny expressions on his face.

I will never forget the 1999 college season when Alabama beat him TWICE in one season (40-39 in Gainsville's "Swamp" and 34-7 in the SEC Championship Game). And our coach was one of the worst college football coaches in recent history. Spurrier tossed his visor several times and entertained the TV cameras with his writhing grimaces.

~U2Alabama

3355546723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E4%3B6%3E372%3EWSNRCG%3D3232378999%3B4%3Bnu0mrj

3355546723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E4%3B6%3E372%3EWSNRCG%3D3232378998%3B64nu0mrj
3355546723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E4%3B6%3E372%3EWSNRCG%3D32323789%3A4%3B6%3Cnu0mrj

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom