Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A|catura

Acrobat
Just wondering...

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
"I think we should take Iraq and Iran and combine them into one country and call it Irate. All the pissed off people live in one place and get it over with." --Dennis Leary

i wouldnt think so tho i am a meat eater so i guess i am uniformed.

oh how i love a good steak...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I'm a vegetarian and I eat animal crackers.

True - vegetarians usually do not eat foods which "have a face" - yet some still eat seafood. I don't eat any foods which were once alive, ala cows, pigs, fish, etc...

Animal crackers are simply cookies/crackers and were never alive, (inanimate), therefore they are allowed, happily!!!
biggrin.gif

I've been a vegetarian for almost 15 years and I bite the head off of animal crackers first. Some childhood habits you just never get over.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I'm a vegetarian and I eat animal crackers.

True - vegetarians usually do not eat foods which "have a face" - yet some still eat seafood. I don't eat any foods which were once alive, ala cows, pigs, fish, etc...

Animal crackers are simply cookies/crackers and were never alive, (inanimate), therefore they are allowed, happily!!!
biggrin.gif

lol -- vegetarians are just coming out of the woodwork!

I'm one as well.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

im gonna feed all you vegetarians some good ol fashion turkey bacon chicken ham sausage!that'll win ya over! :p

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
im gonna feed all you vegetarians some good ol fashion turkey bacon chicken ham sausage!that'll win ya over! :p

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

On the note of plants having been alive, it is speculated that plants have an equilibrium, has anyone heard of that experiment where plants "screamed" when another plant was mulched in a blender? Unfortunately I dont know much about it myself, just heard of it.

On that cheery note, beware vegetarians, we have K-9 teeth for a reason, if youll usurp the food chain, we may be forced to eat you when we run out of cow! Muahahaha!

Well, I asked a friend of mine who is vegetarian, and he said as long as there are no eggs or animal bi-products in the animal cookies, he'd eat them!

.....if vegetable oil is made out of vegetables...

THEN WHERE DOES BABY OIL COME FROM???!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I don't eat any foods which were once alive, ala cows, pigs, fish, etc...

biggrin.gif

But Noodle, plants are very alive too so if you want to go by that definition you will have to survive on sunlight alone like those crazy aesthetics. True it is not the same type of life, plants can't move around on their own and they may not feel pain the same way we do but they are living things. Animal crackers are inanimate but the flour that they are made of was once part of a flourishing wheat field before the farmer came and harvested it all.

Im not knocking vegetarianism because I used to be a strict one myself. I still eat lots of veggies. I had a dilemmna with that at the time too because I didnt want to hurt any living things but it becomes difficult to tell where you can draw the line. Im not a plant so I can't transform sunlight and soil nutrients into energy. As humans we have to take on the energy of once living things in order to survive be it animal or plant. We need to do it in order to survive. Sorry for ranting, I really do understand what you mean.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

I've been a vegetarian for my entire life, and no; we also stay away from gummi bears, Swedish fish, and chocolate rabbits. It's the principle of the thing, dammit.

gummies have gelatin in them anyway.

I'm a vegetarian who eats animal crackers--most of them are vegan! My wife and I both eat chocolate bunnies, but she can't stand to eat the eyes!!

Interesting fact:

Humans can digest glucose and store glycogen (a polysaccharide of glucose), but they actually can't digest cellulose (the polysaccharide of glucose that makes up the cell wall of plants) because they lack the enzyme needed to break down the beta-ring arrangement in the cellulose.

*disclaimer* I'm NOT saying that vegetarians are crazy, wrong, unhealthy, weird, stupid, dumb, misinformed, etc. etc. etc. :)

Yes, that is an interesting fact that I often use to bug some of my veggie loving friends.

I actually think that the vegetarian lifestyle is a good one. I dont think I could personally do it, but I support those who do!

PS - It's very funny and odd that while I was writing this post, I realized today is 99 cent Big Mac day at McDonalds. Will I go there for a delicious pile of greasy yet cheap garbage? Possibly, very possibly.

for a minute i thought s|aney was back.

bumped threads do indeed suck:down:

redships i demand you die a painful death.

if it were anyone else that said i bumped a lame thread like this id have torched their worthless bodies and sacrificed their remaining crusted pieces to my neighbours dogs.

it wasnt i who bumped this thread.

First of all, in defense of a newer person....it was someone with under 100 posts that "bumped" this thread. I know, let's all roll out the welcome mat and jump all over this person for "bumping" a thread. Oh, and looking at it - it is a PREMIUM member.

The person is clearly a vegetarian, maybe looking for similar interest threads instead of opening a new one.

So boo to the crabby people who are quick the give people :down: to bumped threads (of this nature).

Welcome flylover - sorry for our crabby people.

Last edited:
I agree this bitching about bumping threads should stop
if you have a problem with something pm or mail one of the mods

ummm....

oh, thank you, zonelistener...

but I don't think I bumped anything. I just responded like usual. did I do something wrong? :confused:

in any case, I think I'll stay away from veggie posts on this site! it's weird to get so much vehemence over something like what I EAT! I guess I'll just keep this site reserved for talking about U2--after all, that is why I joined!!

Flylover...

Cheers to the Vegan lifestyle!

I read back a little in this thread and noticed a lot of sarcasm. As you get to know the people around blue crack (interference.com), you'll understand their posts a little more. It is a fairly friendly place, and a good reflection of what you see in our society.

I feel that the majority of the Interferencers would bend over backwards to help a fellow poster here.

Have fun in Cleveland!

Geez, you bump a thread, you get yelled at.

You start a new thread instead of bumping an existing thread on that topic, you get yelled out.

:wave: flylover

Back
Top Bottom