Do 'Pikeys' actually exist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I was wondering about this for a few day. I love the movie 'Snatch' and find the characters of the 'Pikeys' to be hilarious. But are there actually Pikeys/gypsy like people in the U.K. or anywhere else for that matter?

If there are, tell me about them. I want to know any interesting details that you have, or any personal experience with them.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Salsa "The #1 condiment in America"

AIM: JuanSwallow

beats me.

Snatch is great though.

Especially because of the expert use of a certian massive attack song.

There is a National Geographic article on Gypsies done in the last year. I would suggest trying to procure this issue in the library or something. It's incredibly informative!

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Thanks Whoretense.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom