Do not call drunk list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
haha nice! :up:

[q]You're Drunk...who You Gonna Call?

CANBERRA (Reuters) - An Australian phone company is offering customers the chance to blacklist numbers before heading out for a night on the town so they can reduce the risk of making any embarrassing, incoherent late-night calls.

A survey of 409 people by Virgin Mobile, a joint venture of The Virgin Group and Optus, found 95 percent made drunk calls.

Of those calls, 30 percent were to ex-partners, 19 percent to current partners, and 36 percent to other people, including their bosses.

The company also found that 55 percent of those polled would grab for their phone first the next morning to check who they had drunkenly dialed, compared with just eight percent who went for the headache pills first. [/q]

I did that last Saturday :|

Checked my phone to see if I really did make those calls to friends.

It really confounds me as to why people do certain things while drunk. I'd like to think that I'm really level-headed when drunk; I expend twice the energy trying to not make a fool of myself...lol.

Melon

A few years ago two brokers that sold business through the company I worked for, drunked called my office and left voicemails for me, my manager and another co-worker. We laughed but thought it was so stupid for them to do that, they could have really damaged their future in sales with our company. But they were in Vegas and having fun and felt we needed to know it.

I know many who have called their bosses drunk, and like NB I am not sure good it did by doing that.

I don't have a boss but if I did, I sincerely hope I could restrain myself from drunk calling him/her.

The only people I have ever drunk dialed are other Interferencers....and it wasn't pretty :reject: :eek:

thank god i've only been drunk once...okay twice. i just laugh a lot and can't really walk. i just pray i've always got someone around to prevent me from getting on the phone! worst person i'd call though would be my mom... :shifty:

I called a former boss while drunk once (she was my boss at the time)...but she thought it was hilarious. :laugh:

melon said:
It really confounds me as to why people do certain things while drunk. I'd like to think that I'm really level-headed when drunk; I expend twice the energy trying to not make a fool of myself...lol.

Melon

yeah, usually i'm the same way.

apparently slava molotov (foreign min. at the time) impressed dignitaries with his most incredible ability of drinking just as much vodka as anyone else, but maintained complete control and composure so as not to show weakness in front of stalin.

My friend Meghan and I delivered SINGING drunken voice mails to a few people while I was in Binghamton a couple of weeks back.

paxetaurora said:
My friend Meghan and I delivered SINGING drunken voice mails to a few people while I was in Binghamton a couple of weeks back.

Ah, the singing version of the drunk dial :laugh:

I've been told that Sicy and I left a horrible, drunken version of Come On Eileen on someone's voicemail a few years ago in Vegas. I think Icelle, bg and ABEL were witnesses but I don't remember doing it :yikes:

I need that; I've made a couple drunken calls to the ex-boyfriend....there is just no need for that!!!!

Back
Top Bottom