Do any of you enjoy at least one of those hardcore metal bands? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2001, 03:30 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:24 AM
Metallica were the first band my son got into, and I like them a lot, but I don't think they fit the hardcore metal definition at all.
A Metallica connection was one of the reasons I felt curious about U2's July 6 gig in Copenhagen. That is where Metallica were heading to perform when the tour bus skidded on ice and Cliff Young was killed. Cliff "Em All. Jason was a worthy replacement(almost)and now he's gone too;(

Old 08-01-2001, 04:52 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:24 AM
Thanks Sting. About a day after I wrote that I had a flash...Cliff Burton, not Cliff Young(cliff young is an old Aussie farmer who became famous here because he trainied for marathons in gum boots and won them in bare feet)His name just slipped in there. Terrible error.No resemblence whatsoever.

Funny thing, son #2 bought home a Metallica video last night, borrrowed from a mate at school.I was just in rave mode about James and his dad( I love what he says in the "Year and a Half In the Life of.."video something like, James is playing so much better now he's not playing those power chords all the time...so cute, so loving. I'm sorry to read here that James has reached that stage, but so glad he's asked for help. Keep that man safe please.
Bravo for their film clip making too. To see them one after another like that. Brilliant body of work.