Dmb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have recently rediscovered DMB and learned to love 'em.

Last nite....well OK this morning at like 3 am my boyfriend and 2 of his friends and I were outside one of the dorms. The 3 of them had acoustic geetars and were just playing DMB and Incubus for literally HOURS. It was AWESOME.

Anyway....he burned me the Lillywhite Sessions and I REALLY like that. I remember listening to "everyday" and being like "DAVE MATTHEWS BAND IS CRAP"

but the Glen Ballard issue is a story for another day

ANYWAY THE POINT IS

I think DMB is awesome now :shifty: :tongue:

What are YOUR favorite songs of theirs?

I need to know what to download; what's good other than what I've heard from them on the radio.

Tanks :tongue:

:drool: #41

Grace is Gone
Grace is Gone

ummm...

Spoon...

Grace is Gone
Grace is Gone
Grace is Gone

(okay, seriously, if you really were into Lillywhite and Busted Stuff, you should check out DMB's less-well-known first album called Remember Two Things, esp. a song called "I'll Back You Up." Thank you.)

Barring singles...

From Under the Table and Dreaming:

Dancing Nancies
Lover Lay Down
Jimi Thing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warehouse

From Crash:

Proudest Monkey
Lie in Our Graves
Two Step

Before These Crowded Streets:
The Last Stop
Halloween
The Dreaming Tree
Pig

Everyday:
When the World Ends
Angel
Sleep to Dream Her

Busted Stuff (you'll have the demos of these if you have the Lillywhite Sessions):

Busted Stuff
Grace is Gone
Captain
Big-Eyed Fish
Bartender!!!! Grrrrrrrrreat song

Also, you should check out any live stuff you can get your hands on

i love dave.

recently
best of what's around
dancing nancies
warehouse
say goodbye
two step (esp. live)
cry freedom :heart: :heart:
crush
grace is gone

Get Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Live from Luther College. It's just the two of them on guitars. Fantastic. I love the band, but in a way, I think the acoustic stuff without the band is my favorite material, in general.

I love DMB!!!! Everyday and before these crowded streets are my fav albums!!!! - Check out the songs with Alanis in them! ;)

and your lips burn wild
coming from the face of a child
and in your eyes, the scene of the greatest view
do what you will, always
walk where you like your steps
do as you please, I'll back you up...

--from "I'll Back You Up" DMB

joyfulgirl said:
Get Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Live from Luther College. It's just the two of them on guitars. Fantastic. I love the band, but in a way, I think the acoustic stuff without the band is my favorite material, in general.

I totally agree. Live from Luther College is an awesome cd, and should be a required purchase (not just download) if you're thinking about checking out DMB. I prefer many of the versions of songs on this cd over their album versions. #41 is absolutely gorgeous, and if the breakdown jam in What Would You Say doesn't get your feet tapping, you should check your pulse - you might be dead! :D

Back
Top Bottom