Dix, Illinois Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i gotta go do some work byeeeee :wave:

ciao, bella!
:kiss:

I'm not going to pretend to speak for Cin, but I've had the impression that things between her and Mr Cin were already well and truly heading in their current direction before this boy came on the scene.

and yeah, sorry to talk about you while you're not here, cin, but it makes sense this is so. can take as long for one to unravel as it does to build one of these relationships. i didn't mean to imply anything in the earlier post. now i can't recall what i wrote, but i hope it wasn't sounding different to what was intended.

blargh. i've had enough m&ms lol. i need a carrot or something. celery, anyone?

and i now have a delightfully fresh ultra pale light green kitchen. anything would beat the hideous dark blue it was before. it's so light and airy now. just how a kitchen should be.
:up:

Re: the shootings…

I am from the Binghamton area. Since that tragic day on April 3rd, my community has been trying hard to find something positive to take away from the shooting at the American Civic Association. I will pass the word on to my community that the incident halted the spread of Carlos Mencia, so that we may look to the future with our heads held high.

Thank You Seanbaby!!

i do love a good black humour.
:D

Can I just say how much I love the Intarwebz? There are some books I need for uni that are held in the special collection, and to access them you have to request them at a specific time in the reading room and can't check them out. Much to my delight, a number of these books are available online. I love you, Project Gutenberg and the Texts section of the Internet Archive.

I've no idea, sorry. :( I spent a lot of my time in PolSci AVOIDING Australian stuff ...

I hadn't heard of him either!

i bet your kiwi governments are much more organised. our states have ok websites, but they lack the actual goods. i'm not interested in press releases or community cabinet meetings! i don't even know who to ring on this. i wouldn't know who to ask, even, like what department, etc.

i bet your kiwi governments are much more organised. our states have ok websites, but they lack the actual goods. i'm not interested in press releases or community cabinet meetings! i don't even know who to ring on this. i wouldn't know who to ask, even, like what department, etc.

Hah, I'm quite happy sticking to 19th century politics, quite honestly ...

Maybe it might help if you can identify a field you'd like to look at? Then you'd have enough direction to ring around and see if somebody can give you a decent answer.

Hah, I'm quite happy sticking to 19th century politics, quite honestly ...

Maybe it might help if you can identify a field you'd like to look at? Then you'd have enough direction to ring around and see if somebody can give you a decent answer.

19th century is a wonderful era. I've really only ever looked at it from an art history perspective, but it was enough to draw my interest! Socially, the changes were immense, so I can only imagine the political leaps and bounds!

My submission is specifically on this dreadful biker legislation. What I really need is literally an idea of how these are written. Obviously it's not to be written like an essay, so in what style? I have a format outline, but I'd love to read one on anything, just to see how they flow. What concepts are key, etc. They're as rare as anything, as cabinet discussions are bound by strict confidentiality laws. NSW and SA have these laws already in the pipeline, and QLD are on the way. But not even the exising SA one is published. Also, I'm limited by a shockingly slim selection of research into criminal biker material. Which begs another question of how this bloody legislation got passed in the first place. On what grounds? If I read Anna Bligh saying she will not be left behind in 'this race to beat the most urgent threat of biker crime', I'm going to get violent!

i want to ask sicy to change my username. i don't know what to ask to change it to, though. i'm guessing it has to be something similar, so as to identify me as me?

19th century is a wonderful era. I've really only ever looked at it from an art history perspective, but it was enough to draw my interest! Socially, the changes were immense, so I can only imagine the political leaps and bounds!

My submission is specifically on this dreadful biker legislation. What I really need is literally an idea of how these are written. Obviously it's not to be written like an essay, so in what style? I have a format outline, but I'd love to read one on anything, just to see how they flow. What concepts are key, etc. They're as rare as anything, as cabinet discussions are bound by strict confidentiality laws. NSW and SA have these laws already in the pipeline, and QLD are on the way. But not even the exising SA one is published. Also, I'm limited by a shockingly slim selection of research into criminal biker material. Which begs another question of how this bloody legislation got passed in the first place. On what grounds? If I read Anna Bligh saying she will not be left behind in 'this race to beat the most urgent threat of biker crime', I'm going to get violent!

Oh man, 19th century politics is chaos and madness. New Zealand especially, as our first 35 years of responsible government were spent without political parties. You can imagine how fractious parliament was with just a bunch of independents cobbling together loose groups around specific personalities and issues, and changing direction as often as the wind. I don't know how they passed legislation!

Ahh, right. Surely somebody at uni can point you in the right direction? Though you know, they could be the sort of thing that vary between departments and states.

Oh man, 19th century politics is chaos and madness. New Zealand especially, as our first 35 years of responsible government were spent without political parties. You can imagine how fractious parliament was with just a bunch of independents cobbling together loose groups around specific personalities and issues, and changing direction as often as the wind. I don't know how they passed legislation!

Ahh, right. Surely somebody at uni can point you in the right direction? Though you know, they could be the sort of thing that vary between departments and states.

As Beccaria once pointed out, if you can agree on the greatest good for the greatest number, you're on the right track! But still, it must be a fascinating nightmare in political establishment researching the bedlam. It's remarkable how ideas both do not change and do change. In some areas we've come so far, but in others we've hardly moved.

I'll just fumble along with this assignment. I'm going to apply for an extension anyway as I have an exam which needs concentration before this one!
:tsk:

Good god, this is the worst conclusion to a political biography ever! From an 1892 book about Sir George Grey, governor and later premier of New Zealand.

If we have succeeded in reducing into order and
historic progression the great events herein alluded
to; if we have succeeded in showing how faith in God
can sustain and strengthen the heart under perils and
dangers most appalling ; how a permanent and para-
mount sense of duty can nerve the heart to do and to
suffer all things ; and how in most trivial matters,
as well as events of Imperial importance, wisdom and
rectitude should control both the words and deeds of
public men, we shall count ourselves well repaid.

Sorry, could you talk Grey up just a little bit more? I don't think you like him enough.

I just love how George Grey is this ultimate figure of good for them.

The guy was a total fucking crank by the time he entered Kiwi parliament! He was a good governor, I'll give him that, but he was a crusty old backbencher in the 1880s who got pissed with people tinkering with "his" system.

Urgh, my Intarwebz is blowing. I'm going to give up on the forum for tonight. Have a good one Anna, Liam, tumbleweeds, etc. :wave:

Hai thread. :wave:

your chocolate threshhold is really something amazing! i loooooooooooooove me some chocolate, but you do reach the point eventually where you just have to stop and eat, like, a carrot ot something. you, though, do not have this. you are a machine!
:bow:

if i may be nosey? where did you meet him? and is he the reason for you deciding to walk on?
and how goes the house huntin? the pickings are awful at the moment. high rents, limited numbers. good thing you don't have kids! :up:

I do not know of this cholcolate eating thresh-hold that you speak of. :scratch:

I'm not going to pretend to speak for Cin, but I've had the impression that things between her and Mr Cin were already well and truly heading in their current direction before this boy came on the scene.

Axver, you are completely correct. I'd been mulling all this over since before christmas. Men are different though, he really had no idea.
As for how I met this lovely boy? It's a long story. :shifty:

House hunting is kind of like job hunting. It sucks. You get your hopes up then hear nothing. I'm just gonna apply for every shit-hole there is so I can get out. If something better comes along I'll just break the lease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom