Dix, Illinois Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it's ironic. plus we keep getting mixed messages on so many things.

it won't be so bad. the two on the 8th would be acceptable but for the fact that they aren't from vastly different papers, they're both core radio papers. come the fuck on!

wow, that's so well organised. is it anything like my papers, where you're getting information on the assignments from the tutors right up until the last minute?

Luckily, it seems History has its shit together with regards to communicating with students. We've known most of the requirements for most of the semester. The lecturers just don't seem to communicate to space things out reasonably, and are under no obligation to do so. I know some people who have all their essays due the same day - i.e. the first day of the exam block (there are no exams in History Honours). So I'm just grateful one of my essays is due at the END of the first week of exams.

Luckily, it seems History has its shit together with regards to communicating with students. We've known most of the requirements for most of the semester. The lecturers just don't seem to communicate to space things out reasonably, and are under no obligation to do so. I know some people who have all their essays due the same day - i.e. the first day of the exam block (there are no exams in History Honours). So I'm just grateful one of my essays is due at the END of the first week of exams.

well, that's not so bad. i'm just so glad i did summer school to get a paper out of the way, i just couldn't cope with that paper hanging over my head as well. frankly we're all getting sick of the lack of communication and organisation.

ack, I was gonna write something a little bit rude and was kicked off!! :lol: I'll take it as a sign that it was too rude.

normally i wouldn't care, but now i'm nosey!

:cute:

i'm trapped between heaven and hell - i've got ages to work on these assignments vs omg she'll be here REALLY SOON.

i change my perspective however i see fit to :D

normally i wouldn't care, but now i'm nosey!

ok. but you asked for it nosey!

Try to do as much homework as you can now because in 14 days the only thing you'll be doing is her.

Not that bad right? :angel:

well, that's not so bad. i'm just so glad i did summer school to get a paper out of the way, i just couldn't cope with that paper hanging over my head as well. frankly we're all getting sick of the lack of communication and organisation.

From what I've observed of faculties outside of History and PolSci, I should be counting my blessings, since our stuff is usually pretty well organised. I've heard horror stories from Education faculties in particular, at multiple universities. Then again, my friend doing Education in Toowoomba probably would be fucked no matter what he was doing because ... well, come on, Toowoomba.

ok. but you asked for it nosey!

Try to do as much homework as you can now because in 14 days the only thing you'll be doing is her.

Not that bad right? :angel:

:laugh: don't worry, i've made jokes worse than that. luckily most of the schoolwork is done by then. plus she wants to help with my photography assignment, which can double as touristy auckland stuff. studying for my exam will be fine, we'll just hang out in front of the tv and i'll flip through my notes because we enjoy each other's company.

From what I've observed of faculties outside of History and PolSci, I should be counting my blessings, since our stuff is usually pretty well organised. I've heard horror stories from Education faculties in particular, at multiple universities. Then again, my friend doing Education in Toowoomba probably would be fucked no matter what he was doing because ... well, come on, Toowoomba.

:lmao:

god, my experience with the design school this semester for photography has just been unacceptable. i officially refuse to return to that class except to hand stuff in.

god, my experience with the design school this semester for photography has just been unacceptable. i officially refuse to return to that class except to hand stuff in.

Well now you've just made me curious.

:laugh: don't worry, i've made jokes worse than that. luckily most of the schoolwork is done by then. plus she wants to help with my photography assignment, which can double as touristy auckland stuff. studying for my exam will be fine, we'll just hang out in front of the tv and i'll flip through my notes because we enjoy each other's company.

:lmao:

Let me guess, she will feature quite heavily in your photos? :love:

Well now you've just made me curious.

i thought i'd posted about that here? ah, i guess it'll be better now i have the full story.

basically it's a second year photography paper normally offered to third year communications students as an option. the class basically runs for four hours on a friday. the first hour is dedicated to learning photoshop and some other adobe photo editing program. i only discovered a few weeks ago we do not need to edit the photos for our portfolio, so the class is just a fucking great big waste of time.

the next three hours are dedicated to some fucking idiot prattling on about useless stories with the rare (and seriously, i mean rare) useful bits of information popping up. if he didn't crap on, that class could be condensed into about 10 minutes. have we taken any photos in this class time? fuck no.

it's a comically easy paper, but it's just disgracefully bad. not to mention that he's not turned up when we had a class once - i'd already left before he arrived and the fact that it's only really recently the due dates were set.

basically, it's a catastrofuck.

Let me guess, she will feature quite heavily in your photos? :love:

:cute: not the assignment ones, but the rest for sure.

Bonnaios. :wave:

i thought i'd posted about that here? ah, i guess it'll be better now i have the full story.

basically it's a second year photography paper normally offered to third year communications students as an option. the class basically runs for four hours on a friday. the first hour is dedicated to learning photoshop and some other adobe photo editing program. i only discovered a few weeks ago we do not need to edit the photos for our portfolio, so the class is just a fucking great big waste of time.

the next three hours are dedicated to some fucking idiot prattling on about useless stories with the rare (and seriously, i mean rare) useful bits of information popping up. if he didn't crap on, that class could be condensed into about 10 minutes. have we taken any photos in this class time? fuck no.

it's a comically easy paper, but it's just disgracefully bad. not to mention that he's not turned up when we had a class once - i'd already left before he arrived and the fact that it's only really recently the due dates were set.

basically, it's a catastrofuck.

Yeah, you'd mentioned it before, but not the whole story. Holy shit. That's comically inept. Do you guys have to fill in staff/course assessment questionaire things? Because that sounds like it could get some classic scathing remarks. I've had fun filling out those for some of my less good classes ...

Yeah, you'd mentioned it before, but not the whole story. Holy shit. That's comically inept. Do you guys have to fill in staff/course assessment questionaire things? Because that sounds like it could get some classic scathing remarks. I've had fun filling out those for some of my less good classes ...

you have no idea how much i'd love to fill one out, but it would mean returning to that class. maybe i'll make a special request once i get my final mark back.

you have no idea how much i'd love to fill one out, but it would mean returning to that class. maybe i'll make a special request once i get my final mark back.

Here, it is possible to get the forms from the faculty office if you miss the class. I've never been sufficiently motivated to do it for classes where I've missed it, though.

not bad, how are you?

although i see you've linked me to cracked, i may spend the rest of the night there.

I'm pretty good, spent most of the day at an employment agency. It was horrible.

Yeah, my brother had Cracked up when I got to the computer, and then I knew my plan for going to bed at a suitable hour was pretty much fucked.

I'm pretty good, spent most of the day at an employment agency. It was horrible.

I had to pop into Centrelink today because they fucked up my blindness benefit. I didn't need a reminder why I avoid that place like the fucking plague.

But walking there and back was surely good exercise.

i think i'll have to do it. people complained last year about how bad it was, and it seems to be worse.

Given how hard it apparently is to get teaching positions within universities, it just amazes me how many staggeringly incompetent people linger within the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom