Dix, Illinois Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to play The Sims back around 2001-02, but I was far more interested in the architectural aspect than actual gameplay. I'd cheat like hell to get enough money to build some sprawling mansion, take ages making it, then spend about five seconds playing it before getting bored and making a new house.

I have absolutely no doubt that some lifeless hyper-nerd has made a velociraptor for The Sims.

Hat mouse though, yes, that might be a problem.

That sounds like me making scenarios in numerous Age of Empires games. Or at least, I'd spend about four hours making one, and get sick of it/never complete it, and then just go and make another one. I must have started about fifty American-revolution themed scenarios in Age of Empires 3 where you play as the Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga or Onondaga to kick George Washington's arse. Er, it's a what-if game, right?

Anyway, yeah I bet someone will make a velociraptor or some kind of dinosaur. And if I can't make hat mouse, I'll just make one that looks like GAF instead.

Also get on AIM, I don't have MSN here.

On reflection, I'm not entirely sure why I ever played any games that weren't called Sim City or Railroad Tycoon.

And if you tell me to get on AIM, reply to my IMs. :grumpy:

oh, ax! i was at my friend dick smith's the other day, and i bought a game for $3. it came with 3 old school games - so yes, this works out at $1 per game!! and one of them was a railway simulator. it looks bloody awesome! i hope it works on vista lol. this game is mega old. :lol:

Oh that's excellent.

I have Transport Tycoon, which is from 1990 or something like that. I should see if I can find a way to make it run on this Mac of mine. :laugh:

i shall have to scamper downstairs to retrieve it. it's bags of oldschool funtimes. another of the games is one of the original simcity games. the other is some wild western re-enactment game where you create a saloon town shootout type thing. bags of fun.
:hyper:

Huh, I haven't heard of that one! But then Railroad Tycoon II and Transport Tycoon satisfied most of my railway gaming needs - as ancient as Transport Tycoon was, it was fucking AWESOME.

Also, man, I remember the original Sim City ... possibly the first computer game I ever played. We had it on the computer in my last Kiwi primary school class before I came to Australia. Was let down the Aussie school didn't have it! They just had that Myst shit.

Oh man, why don't I have that! :laugh:

Build City? Haha! Cheapknockoffsville?

I can get the Mac to run XP or Vista or whatever ... I've just never tried. I presume I still have a copy of XP lying around somewhere. :hmm:

Blah, got to make a brief trip into university. See you in a bit, tumbleweeds. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom