DISTURBED's DRAIMAN Calls THE DARKNESS 'A Joke'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
DISTURBED frontman David Draiman has slammed THE DARKNESS as "a joke" and has taken issue with the British rock band's characterization of DISTURBED as a band that symbolizes "this whole wave of nu-metal that is near its death."

Speaking to Metal Edge magazine for its May 2004 issue, Draiman said, "To be perfectly honest with you, I think that THE DARKNESS is a joke, and that's, unfortunately, exactly what the world wants. The world wants rock bands to be idiots. The world wants rock bands to be these bumbling buffoons, these morons who made fun of themselves and their music and their art and don't take themselves seriously in any way. It's all supposed to be a joke. It's all supposed to be a joke. It's unfortunate. I think that there's always a time to be tongue-in-cheek, and there's always time for humor, but there's a time to be serious and a time for emotional content.

"And it's funny, I wouldn't even go ahead and say anything about them per se, unless they had already laid down the gauntlet. I heard of late that they have decided to start slinging shit in our direction, that we are an example of one of the bands that they're completely against. That to them, we symbolize this whole wave of nu-metal that is near its death. Are you fucking kidding me? The irony is that they opened up for us in London at Brixton Academy, and here they are talking shit about us. I like the (single). I have nothing against the song. I can't argue that it's (not) a catchy goddamn song, but it's not metal. It's pop-rock! How dare they call themselves metal? That's not metal! It'll never be metal!

"They're a great band. I have nothing against them. But don't claim to be something you're not. Don't claim to be metal. Don't claim that you're authentic and we're not. Fuck you! Who the hell do you think you are? You consider yourselves and you treat yourselves and you conduct yourselves like clowns. And I enjoy laughing, because it's funny and the music is catchy. I even enjoyed them when they opened for us, even though the crowd was booing them to high hell. They were ready to lynch them! We're not looking to pick fights with anybody. We respect everybody. We don't talk shit about anybody."

Since alot of you folks are Darkness fans I had to post just for the sake of instigating, muhahaha!:mac:
The Darkness indeed suck, and Disturbed's not much better. To think that Disturbed consider themeselves METAL is a JOKE. Just my opinion :wink:

I may not be a Darkness connoisseur, but this disturbed fellow only succeeded in affirming both band's positions... disturbed overstates the obvious (I applaud this time for being less derivative), and the darkness make humor out of rock.

This was a waste of time for everyone Mr. Dr?man.

The Darkness always states that they're taking heir music very serious, unlike their image

I have no opinion on Disturbed
horrible band name though

I agree with him that the Darkness is a joke.

and it's not even a funny one.

disturbed are still around? drainman needs to stick his pointy head under a train already.

I don't think The Darkness take themselves too seriously
:|

Back
Top Bottom