Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:

Thanks.

That's one group of music that gets pretty left out of this competition, I think.

That and prog rock of course. If only these guys used prog.

Axver said:

Synths?

Muppets?

Excuse me while I back away slowly and avoid eye contact.

You remind me of the babe.

phillyfan26 said:

One of my favorite Bowie quotes came from you:

"Only David Bowie could do a movie with Muppets and have no one question it."

I aim to please.

I watched that movie the other day and realized that Bowie's package has more screen time than it should. It should've received 2nd billing, at least 3rd.

Axver said:

And for good reason. PFan's ska-punk song is musical genius in comparison.

Ax, quit beating around the bush and tell him how you really feel about R&B.

Axver said:

And for good reason. PFan's ska-punk song is musical genius in comparison.

Axver does not care about black people.

Mike-Myers-wtf.jpg

All joking aside, what don't you like about that particular genre?

phillyfan26 said:

That and prog rock of course. If only these guys used prog.

Actually, I'm surprised how little prog I used. Only five bands that are widely recognised as prog of some description!

LemonMacPhisto said:

Mike-Myers-wtf.jpg

The only thing funnier than Kanye West in that is Mike Myers standing there while that happened.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Mike-Myers-wtf.jpg

:lol:

The music just sounds really bad. I don't know. There's just nothing that appeals. Where's the atmosphere?

Myers standing there uncomfortably for 2 minutes was the funniest thing he's done since the first Austin Powers movie.

That was 11 years ago.

Axver said:

Actually, I'm surprised how little prog I used. Only five bands that are widely recognised as prog of some description!

Oh my God! The competition's losing its prog! Prog levels are low! Perform CPR, stat!

Stat means now!

Screwtape2 said:

It is incredibly atmospheric. Madly romantic. Full of longing. In simple words it is a perfect song.

But ... it's just a twinkly song that plods along.

The perfect song, as if I need to say it, is One Tree Hill, 26 December 1989. Music peaked in those five minutes.

phillyfan26 said:

What power?

The power of voodoo.

Axver said:

The music just sounds really bad. I don't know. There's just nothing that appeals. Where's the atmosphere?

The atmosphere you speak of is replaced with The Funk. If you don't fully understand The Funk, it's okay, you don't have to, but once you do... hold onto your hat, or whatever you guys wear down there.

phillyfan26 said:

Oh my God! The competition's losing its prog! Prog levels are low! Perform CPR, stat!

Stat means now!

Don't worry, Screwtape saved the prog levels with Supper's Ready. Best Genesis song I've ever heard. Still, they're the worst prog band I've ever heard.

That includes RPWL, the Pink Floyd ripoffs who have a lyric about how "I set my controls for the heart of the sun". GUYS, YOU AREN'T ROGER WATERS OR DAVID GILMOUR OR SYD BARRETT OR RICK WRIGHT OR NICK MASON. Sorry to disappoint.

Axver said:

But ... it's just a twinkly song that plods along.

The perfect song, as if I need to say it, is One Tree Hill, 26 December 1989. Music peaked in those five minutes.

It is not twinkly. Edge's guitar is the moth against the window pane. The man just out of her reach. It is so madly romantic. Appreciate the romance. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
The atmosphere you speak of is replaced with The Funk. If you don't fully understand The Funk, it's okay, you don't have to, but once you do... hold onto your hat, or whatever you guys wear down there.

Don't you have the funk in a box?

LemonMacPhisto said:

If it's possible for black metal, of all genres, to have atmosphere, then any genre should be able to have it.

I don't want this funk you speak of.

Now I need to go listen to Wolves In The Throne Room.

phillyfan26 said:

Stat means now!

LMP, look for the reference in this post.

Hint: This Thursday.

phillyfan26 said:

Don't you have the funk in a box?

You see the funk is a living creature, 'bout the size of a medicine ball... but covered in teets.

phillyfan26 said:

LMP, look for the reference in this post.

Hint: This Thursday.

I'm so pumped for that. I might go powerjuice.

Screwtape2 said:

It is not twinkly. Edge's guitar is the moth against the window pane. The man just out of her reach. It is so madly romantic. Appreciate the romance. :wink:

Needs less romance, more death. :wink:

Axver said:

If it's possible for black metal, of all genres, to have atmosphere, then any genre should be able to have it.

I don't want this funk you speak of.

Now I need to go listen to Wolves In The Throne Room.

Bootsy Collins is very disappointed in you.

Wolves In The Throne Room for the huge motherfucking win.

(A Shimmering Radiance) Diadem Of 12 Stars = 20:22 of atmospheric black metal intensity and brilliance.

Holy fuck this is heavy.

:drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
You see the funk is a living creature, 'bout the size of a medicine ball... but covered in teets.

I'm so pumped for that. I might go powerjuice.

I need to re-watch Old Gregg.

I might go out drinking on Wednesday with my laser tag team.

phillyfan26 said:

I need to re-watch Old Gregg.

I might go out drinking on Wednesday with my laser tag team.

It gets better each time... like drinking a glass of Bailey's.

Did you catch last night's Apprentice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom