Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

I really don't see more than 10 people on most of the albums. Do you have all his albums? How many people would have all his albums?

I don't have all of his albums but I think we should have a poll on his most popular songs or on his Best of Bowie C.D.

unico said:
you all will be very proud of me. i've learned today that i'm the only person to have ever brought liquor into a library at this one friary.
:ohmy:

and i just swallowed a piece of chicken whole. i was trying to chew it, i don't know what happened...

Cute Irish Bono said:

I don't have all of his albums but I think we should have a poll on his most popular songs or on his Best of Bowie C.D.

I think more than that. He's got high quality albums. Everything from '69-'80 for sure, plus some of his better recent stuff (i.e.: Outside, Heathen, Reality).

Cute Irish Bono said:
especially since a hit will win anyway.

has a non-single won for any of these survivors (not including the U2 ones)?

Bowie's one of the most popular acts in music. I think interest will be similar to the Pink Floyd one.

phillyfan26 said:
Bowie's one of the most popular acts in music. I think interest will be similar to the Pink Floyd one.

Yeah, and outside a couple of albums PF Survivor has been kind of shithouse to tell the truth.

unico said:
:lol: i'm not starving, it's just a thin piece of chicken and it's slippery with the barbecue sauce on it. i think what happened was i cut a piece and when i bit in it, my reflex kicked in and swallowed it cuz it was in the back of my mouth. i dunno, i'm a weirdo.

^You guys are right. If we just included Best of Bowie many amazing songs would be missing.

phillyfan26 said:
A Day in the Life won Beatles didn't it? Not sure if that was a single.
wikipedia says a single was released in 78, but to me that doesn't really count since it wasn't released when they were together.

i'd be interested in a david bowie survivor though, if only so i could get more of his albums :hmm:

I think even if it has a lower number of votes, if the people are discussing it (I know they will), I think it will still be fun.

Screwtape, I could understand your displeasure if you thought PF was a failure.

phillyfan26 said:
I think even if it has a lower number of votes, if the people are discussing it (I know they will), I think it will still be fun.
i agree. i just said the whole "a single will win" thing to prove a point. i'm sure a single will win, but that doesn't mean i don't think we should have it/it'd be fun to do.

most survivor competitions are predictable, but i always think they're fun because hey, you never know. someone could prove me wrong and have it so one DOESN'T win :wink:

Axver said:
You fail at taste. :down:
sorry, i've heard a lot of pink floyd since my dad is a fan, and i've never been able to get into them. or any of their solo stuff.

i think there's only one song of theirs i like. i have to see if the itunes store has it to see if it's what i'm thinking of.

Diemen said:
Question:

Who the hell told diamond to start posting more throughout the forums?

Shame on you, whoever you are.

But FYM was hogging all the diamond fun! :happy:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i agree. i just said the whole "a single will win" thing to prove a point. i'm sure a single will win, but that doesn't mean i don't think we should have it/it'd be fun to do.

most survivor competitions are predictable, but i always think they're fun because hey, you never know. someone could prove me wrong and have it so one DOESN'T win :wink:
Song Surviors have never always been about choosing that "perfect" song. And the "perfect" song doesn't nesscarily have to be a single either. It's just about having fun and seeing if the songs you like get tossed real early or if they stay in the game.

Yo peeps, just read one of the other superthread lists and wanted to address some stuff about my list.

You're all right that I rely too heavily on songs from soundtracks, especially from P.T. Anderson flicks this time around. I'm not trying to pander to anyone or try and be the most popular, they're just songs I'm into right now. Opinions are opinions and I'm not gonna try and change any of them.

L-Mel, what'd you mean by bad labeling of the tracks?

EDIT: I realize some of the tracks on my list you guys have heard for ages (most of the '70s tracks, I'd imagine), but most of them are stuff I've heard for the first time fairly recently. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:

sorry, i've heard a lot of pink floyd since my dad is a fan, and i've never been able to get into them. or any of their solo stuff.

i think there's only one song of theirs i like. i have to see if the itunes store has it to see if it's what i'm thinking of.

You really fail, Khan. :tsk:

Though their solo stuff is invariably crap, I quite agree there.

phillyfan26 said:

Screwtape, I could understand your displeasure if you thought PF was a failure.

Pink Floyd was a disaster at times. What is going to happen is barely anyone votes until the finals and important albums. Then casual fans will vote for the songs they know the best. Ziggy Stardust wins end of story. Now if we have an artist that tons of people like then you get high voting for every round.

Axver said:
You really fail, Khan. :tsk:

Though their solo stuff is invariably crap, I quite agree there.
okay, i was right. the song i was thinking of that i like is learning to fly, which is the most un-pink floyd song of theirs, i think.

*prepares to be flogged*

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yo peeps, just read one of the other superthread lists and wanted to address some stuff about my list.

You're all right that I rely too heavily on songs from soundtracks, especially from P.T. Anderson flicks this time around. I'm not trying to pander to anyone or try and be the most popular, they're just songs I'm into right now. Opinions are opinions and I'm not gonna try and change any of them.

L-Mel, what'd you mean by bad labeling of the tracks?

Across 110th Street is funk-tastic by the way.

KhanadaRhodes said:

okay, i was right. the song i was thinking of that i like is learning to fly, which is the most un-pink floyd song of theirs, i think.

*prepares to be flogged*

:lol: That's the one most people seemed to hate in PF Survivor when A Momentary Lapse Of Reason's round came along.

I sort of like it, though.

Screwtape2 said:
Pink Floyd was a disaster at times. What is going to happen is barely anyone votes until the finals and important albums. Then casual fans will vote for the songs they know the best. Ziggy Stardust wins end of story. Now if we have an artist that tons of people like then you get high voting for every round.

But you're saying things like "B&C deserves better than a small clique."

Honestly, name an artist who wouldn't have a small, cliquish following of their full catalogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom