Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

:hi5: Mine too! Song Remains The Same clinches that for me every time.

The whole How the West Was Won live cd does that for me. :up: Have you heard it?

LemonMacPhisto said:

I understand and agree with you, it's a crutch and I'm working on weening off of that a bit. Some of the songs, like the Aimee Mann track and Across 110th Street, I had heard before I knew they were from films and just classified them to where they were originally from, while others I heard from there. Even if the songs from other sources, I still think if they're used in a different way they stay fresh when you listen to them. The criticism is fair and well met, but I think the list itself stands separately from any other list I've done for these contests.

Regarding the list you mentioned, Life on Mars? has always been a favorite of mine, but the other 2 tracks were Life Aquatic-inspired - it was the catalyst for the concept I tried to develop.

I should stop taking this so seriously, but I feel like I'm being singled out.

I love your playlists. I just look for more unique ideas and song choices then something that comes on a soundtrack. That might not be the best way of judging but I see it taking more effort to come up with and execute ideas without the help of a soundtrack to be the spring board. Like I said, I like your playlist but that has always been my knock on yours.

Since you have had to listen to me. Feel free to say anything you would like to see me do differently. :wink:

the tourist said:

Ahh good. I was going to link you to it (as I linked PFan to it).

Thanks for the thought. I had the same one and sent it to U2isthebest a couple of weeks back. :up: :wink: Got to spread the word; it's a brilliant Zeppelin introduction, I think.

Screwtape2 said:

I love your playlists. I just look for more unique ideas and song choices then something that comes on a soundtrack. That might not be the best way of judging but I see it taking more effort to come up with and execute ideas without the help of a soundtrack to be the spring board. Like I said, I like your playlist but that has always been my knock on yours.

Since you have had to listen to me. Feel free to say anything you would like to see me do differently. :wink:

Thanks again for the input.

I haven't listened to yours this time around yet, but I've always enjoyed listening to them. My only gripe is that they're not immediately accessible and pretty downbeat, but they're still extremely well-made and conceived. Plus, you introduced me to Miles Davis. :up:

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

Thanks for the thought. I had the same one and sent it to U2isthebest a couple of weeks back. :up: :wink: Got to spread the word; it's a brilliant Zeppelin introduction, I think.

It's how I was introduced.

It does seem to be running low on petrol

It should do like me and get a wack of dark chocolate m and m's. Now I'm wide awake and not likely to be sleeping anytime soon.

When will I ever learn?

Wow. This thread progressed a lot. :|

Hey Axver, when you read through all this, I have a comment for you: Alcest's first track on that album I like of theirs, the intro. Imagine if that's how COBL's intro sounded (with cleaner guitars replacing the heavy guitars). I think that would've KILLED.

LemonMelon said:

I was introduced via old vinyl copies of I and IV. It's strange how Zeppelin sounds awesome in any medium.

I've never heard 'em on vinyl. But man, their studio music sounds great! Especially the drums. :drool:

the tourist said:

I've never heard 'em on vinyl. But man, their studio music sounds great! Especially the drums. :drool:

Jimmy Page was an underrated and awesome producer. Some of the studio magic they pull in Houses Of The Holy is unreal. And, of course, it's awesome how raw the early records sound.

If you ever get the chance someday, listen to Hats Off To (Roy) Harper on vinyl. It's creepy as hell...sounds like a madman warbling over acoustic guitar in another dimension.

All I've heard from Zeppelin is what can be found on the Best of the Early Days/the Best of the Latter Days, How the West Was Won, and the two songs that were on Almost Famous. :reject:

But I did just notice that lazarus is in OOC. That's a name I never see in this forum. :huh:

Did you like those Almost Famous tracks? If so, III is for you. A mixture of insane freakouts like Roy Harper, classic straight-ahead rockers like Immigrant Song and Celebration day, and of course a ton of great ballads (That's The Way, Tangerine).

No, not really. Presence is pretty crappy, and In Through The Out Door is...an acquired taste.

But everything from 1969-1975 for sure :drool:

Oh, and if you ever want any particular albums, I'd be glad to hook you up. :wink: I have a collection of over 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom