Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, we didn't actually go up into the Mungatooks. The road becomes a dirt track and winds around a good deal. Good for walking and dirt biking and stuff. Instead, I just took a photo looking towards the Mungatooks at the start of Maungakotukutuku Road.

I love that word, Maungakotukutuku. Wonder what it means. 'Maunga' is 'mount', I know that much.

s640x480

Now, the other way to get to the Mungatooks is by going through Paraparaumu, the town north of Raumati Beach. So that's where we're going next!

There's both Paraparaumu Beach, on the coast, and Paraparaumu, inland. No such case exists with Raumati Beach. What people call Raumati is synonymous with Raumati Beach.

So here's what passes for Paraparaumu Beach.

s640x480

Looking the other way from the last photo, at my beloved Kapiti Island.

s640x480

I haven't much in the way of photos from Paraparaumu. Here's looking from Paraparaumu railway station to the statue of Our Lady of Lourdes up on the hill behind the town.

s640x480

EM class electric multiple unit at Paraparaumu railway station.

s640x480

major_panic said:
Hey, it's Bonnie! What's been up?

:wave:

Not a whole lot, I have a cold that I should probably get over via going to bed soon. Last week of term, and I have a history assignment due that I haven't actually started yet. Fuck, I haven't even chosen the essay topic! But I get along with that particular teacher, so hopefully she won't mind if I go up to her tomorrow and am all like "uh so basically when you were talking about classicism can I write about neo-classicism instead cause I haven't started my essay yet lol", cause I think I will do that. I'm basically the only student in the class that has any idea or concept of art history (it's compulsory for all art students, and ideal because I was planning on doing a history course instead).

I think I started rambling there... oh, and my sister's back from Britain, if only for a few more weeks. So that rocks. :) How have you been, then?

Now we head up the line to Otaihanga. My aunt and uncle lived here when I was little. It's this nice little rural locality that really has nothing besides some nice, large residential blocks and the Kapiti rubbish tip.

I have to take all my photos from Wikipedia rather than my LJ photo account, as I don't have any there. But all these photos are still mine. I did the entire Otaihanga article on Wikipedia.

So here's the railway at Otaihanga!

449px-Otaihanga_level_crossing_looking_south.jpg

The Sad Punk said:

:wave:

Not a whole lot, I have a cold that I should probably get over via going to bed soon. Last week of term, and I have a history assignment due that I haven't actually started yet. Fuck, I haven't even chosen the essay topic! But I get along with that particular teacher, so hopefully she won't mind if I go up to her tomorrow and am all like "uh so basically when you were talking about classicism can I write about neo-classicism instead cause I haven't started my essay yet lol", cause I think I will do that. I'm basically the only student in the class that has any idea or concept of art history (it's compulsory for all art students, and ideal because I was planning on doing a history course instead).

I think I started rambling there... oh, and my sister's back from Britain, if only for a few more weeks. So that rocks. :) How have you been, then?

Ahh. I've been sort of like that, except more like "hai guise I had appendicitis so I'm behind and need to catch up lol", and "hai I has a srs job now?"

Which is why I haven't been on here at all. Plus I went away for a few days.

The Sad Punk said:
And apparently not even 'hall'. What the fuck, I always thought it was.

Screw you, lyrics websites.

... it is 'hall'. What else could it be? :huh:

major_panic said:

Ahh. I'm been sort of like that, except more like "hai guise I had appendicitis so I'm behind and need to catch up lol", and "hai I has a srs job now?"

Which is why I haven't been on here at all. Plus I went away for a few days.

I thought it may have been something like that. How are you now?

Where did you go for those few days?

Here's Otaihanga Domain. I've good memories of playing frisbee and cricket here when I was little. We'd also come here to feed the ducks. I miss the simple pleasures of life. Now it's reading Dostoevsky or listening to music nine other people on earth know, etc.

800px-Otaihanga_Domain.jpg

unico said:

i think it varies from performance to performance.

You're right, I only have passing variations in my head at the moment.

Ax, I don't see how it could be anything else either, but sites are claiming it as hold. That doesn't even make sense.

And here's the Waikanae River on the north side of Otaihanga. Through the trees you can see houses of Waikanae Beach. And this is as far as we get. I've no photos of Waikanae, Waikanae Beach, Peka Peka, Te Horo, or Otaki. I haven't even been to any of them in about seven years.

Fuck, how has it been that long?

MUST GO HOME.

800px-Waikanae_River_Otaihanga.jpg

The Sad Punk said:

I thought it may have been something like that. How are you now?

Where did you go for those few days?

Well the appendicitis was ages ago, but the work didn't just vanish into thin air, unfortunately, so I've been trying to get up to speed with that.

I went to Philip Island for a church camp (as a leader :ohmy: ). It was rather cold, spiritually pretty good, and I nearly assaulted a bunch of kids for being complete tools.

The Sad Punk said:
Ax, I don't see how it could be anything else either, but sites are claiming it as hold. That doesn't even make sense.

:lol:

Lyrics websites are daft.

But I don't suppose any of us can be bothered checking the printed lyrics in the Achtung booklet? Then again, it's probably not very trustworthy either.

The Sad Punk said:

You're right, I only have passing variations in my head at the moment.

ARR ME HEARTIES, LOCK THAT SCALLYWAG BONO IN THE HOLD! AND THROW IN THAT SCURVY CLAYTON IN WITH HIM!

(We'll keep Mullen, he looks like he could belong with us angry types)

major_panic said:
spiritually pretty good, and I nearly assaulted a bunch of kids for being complete tools.

I love this combination.

major_panic said:

ARR ME HEARTIES, LOCK THAT SCALLYWAG BONO IN THE HOLD! AND THROW IN THAT SCURVY CLAYTON IN WITH HIM!

I wouldn't object if we fed Larry to a shark or something.

major_panic said:

Well the appendicitis was ages ago, but the work didn't just vanish into thin air, unfortunately, so I've been trying to get up to speed with that.

I went to Philip Island for a church camp (as a leader :ohmy: ). It was rather cold, spiritually pretty good, and I nearly assaulted a bunch of kids for being complete tools.

I know how that is, yeah. All too familiar position.

I like how you describe the spirituality of the area sort of as weather. Kids at those camps are quite often tools, but I hope you kept them in line.

I had to help at one a couple years back, which I thought was a living hell for a number of other reasons. Spiritually, that was pretty awful. :lol:

It's not so much that all of the kids are tools, because you expect them to be idiots at camp anyway and play some pranks. It just gets ridiculous when they pick on one kid for the whole time, and basically make sure that everyone else has a crap time.

[/rant]

So anyway, what's been happening here in Interland that I've missed?

major_panic said:

Plus that landlubber name of Edge has a bandana and facial hair. Join us, ye crook!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom