Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now onto Raumati South. I went to kindy here when I was four, and my grandparents lived here for the first 12 or so years of my life.

Here's just some random street in Raumati South near the beach.

s640x480

major_panic said:
Yeah, I figure I'll do the question on "is terrorism ever justified?" and look at it from a religious / philosophical point of view. I mean, it's not like we can do a lot with 1000 words anyway.

Also, I will definitely make it to the tutorial. There are nine or so weeks left in the semester, so plenty of time to attend...

Ah, that should be interesting. I'm doing "what causes terrorism?", critiquing the individual/organisational approach and placing it within a broader, global historical context. I've written 125 words so far, just some of my intro. I'll be mainly referencing the articles by Rapoport and Sedgwick, the "four waves of terror" theory.

unico said:
i'm back! i've just learned my boss is going to be out this week too. i still have some sick leave saved up so...looks like i'll only be doing half a week this week! :D

:lol: Nice.

My best friend from childhood lived at the far end of this street in Raumati South. As boys we ran around here all the time.

Yeah, I bet everybody has a hard time imagining me as a four year old running around playing, I know.

s640x480

Hey Mia!

Also, this week's lecture and tute promises to get interesting. I get the feeling I'll be using some form of theological knowledge in any discussions that come up!

And here's Kapiti Island, offshore from the Kapiti Coast, as viewed from Raumati South.

I'm still so used to this island being offshore that despite living in Australia 10.5 years, no coastline really feels complete without Kapiti Island. Fuck I love it.

s640x480

unico said:
so what's goin on ya'll?

I'm spamming the shit out of this thread so we can move on to a non-lame location.

Can we ban Andrew from making threads or something?

major_panic said:
Also, this week's lecture and tute promises to get interesting. I get the feeling I'll be using some form of theological knowledge in any discussions that come up!

To tell you the truth, I haven't even looked at the topic for this week.

I also missed last week's lecture. I had a major stress-out over essays and stayed home to do some work. Now I feel much more at ease about things.

Though I should go and do some work before sleep ...

I second that; how the hell have we ended up in Disneyland?

And yeah, I've been busy doing work and doing work and so on. :ohmy:

Axver said:

To tell you the truth, I haven't even looked at the topic for this week.

I also missed last week's lecture. I had a major stress-out over essays and stayed home to do some work. Now I feel much more at ease about things.

Though I should go and do some work before sleep ...

I found that this week's readings are fascinating, but that's probably because they relate directly to my main focus and interest in study.

"Religious reasons for terrorism". It'll be great.

OK, now we're moving north from Raumati South to my beloved hometown, Raumati Beach. I spent the first 10 years of my life here.

Best town on earth.

Let's start at the beach. This is actually looking towards the mouth of the Wharemauku River, with Kapiti Island's southern tip in the background.

s640x480

Looking in the other direction to the above photo to the Wharemauku Stream footbridge. Don't know why I called it the Wharemauku River in my last post. It's merely the Wharemauku Stream.

I played around here all the bloody time as a little child. So many good memories.

s640x480

major_panic said:

I found that this week's readings are fascinating, but that's probably because they relate directly to my main focus and interest in study.

"Religious reasons for terrorism". It'll be great.

Ahh, sweet. I haven't even touched this week's readings. Been doing my readings for my Holocaust & Genocide tute tomorrow!

Looking up Raumati Beach, with Wharemauku Stream in the foreground.

s640x480

Now, behind the beach is Raumati Marine Gardens which has ...

A MINIATURE RIDE-ON RAILWAY!

s640x480

THIS WAS THE BEST THING EVER WHEN I WAS LITTLE.

Really, it still is.

Welcome to central Raumati Beach, bustling metropolis of ~5,000 people.

s640x480

My childhood home.

I painted the letterbox yellow when I was 7. We never needed to give anybody directions. It was just "look for the house with the yellow letterbox".

NOW SOME BASTARD'S REPAINTED IT WHITE!

You know, if I ever had a few hundred thousand dollars just lying around, I'd go back and make the owners an offer they couldn't refuse. I want my house back.

s640x480

Now, behind Raumati is the Maungakotukutuku area. That's a bitch to say, so we call it the Mungatooks.

One way to get to the Mungatooks is by driving from Raumati South along Waterfall Road. And let me just say, Waterfall Road is scary as hell. It's only one lane wide and almost nothing but blind corners. Wish I'd photographed part of it. Here's the least scary part, the only part where I was calm enough to hang out the window and take a photograph.

s640x480

The Sad Punk said:
Ax, you should totally go there one night and paint the box yellow.

:lol:

That sounds like a good enough excuse to go back home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom