Disneyland Superthread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2008, 11:56 PM   #286
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:56 AM
I'm off to bed.

Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:56 PM   #287
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
I just think films are a different aesthetic than books and music. You can't really ask one to be like the other without chances of it being an epic phail, you know? That's just my opinion, and I don't think I used the word "aesthetic" correctly.

My personal recommendation to you if you haven't seen it already is Blade Runner. You want atmosphere, it's got it in shit-tons. Vangelis' score reeks of atmosphere. I think what I'm trying to say is that it's good on atmosphere.

Also, a robot gouges a man's eyes out with his thumbs. Fun for the whole family.
Part of the problem with films is that I've been pretty much solely exposed to your stereotypical Hollywood cliche films that you can find in any old cinema. I like to be involved, to be doing something. I find books to be incredibly involving; just the sheer act of reading. Movies, I just sit there and end up getting restless in most cases.

I've heard plenty of good things before about Blade Runner. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #288
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Yeah, I have heard of some avantgarde films that sound like they'd be pretty interesting. I've no idea where exactly I'm meant to find them though. I suppose bit torrent; I just hate my slow Internet connection. Not that it's slow compared to Ravva's dialup.

I also want to see the movies that have been used in Agalloch's music. I believe a number of samples in their songs come from Ingmar Bergman films.
yeah. films, to me, are just like music. there's some great stuff out there that really makes you think, and then there's stupid pop crap that was just thrown together to make a quick buck.

for me, it's all about netflix. but i'm 99.999999% sure that's just a u.s. thing. besides, it sounds like you're wanting to go the free route. if you're willing to pay though, you might want to look at amazon's site. i know at least here, they offer the ability to rent dvds via download for cheap.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:58 PM   #289
Vocal parasite

Hey, Charlton Heston finally pissed off.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #290
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Part of the problem with films is that I've been pretty much solely exposed to your stereotypical Hollywood cliche films that you can find in any old cinema. I like to be involved, to be doing something. I find books to be incredibly involving; just the sheer act of reading. Movies, I just sit there and end up getting restless in most cases.

I've heard plenty of good things before about Blade Runner. I'll have to check it out sometime.
Like Khan said, there's a pretty big similarity between pop crap movies and music, you've just gotta know where to look.

It sucks that you've been exposed to crap so often, maybe you'll find some stuff you'll like in the future.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #291
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Ah guys, I've gotta go finish homework for tomorrow and sleep. Talk to you all later.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:56 AM
They sound right up my alley. I'll keep an eye out for them
Old 04-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #293
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Like Khan said, there's a pretty big similarity between pop crap movies and music, you've just gotta know where to look.

It sucks that you've been exposed to crap so often, maybe you'll find some stuff you'll like in the future.
This is the thing. I know where to look for music. I sort of know where to look for literature. But for films? Haven't the first fucking clue.

Plus, being poor and stingy, music and books work out to be much better value for money at this point in my life.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #294
Vocal parasite

G'night, LMP and PFan.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #295
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:

i have a friend who likes every mindless movie that's come out, it seems. examples from their myspace: Hairspray, The Breakfast Club, Romy & Michele's High School Reunion, The Wedding Singer, Mrs. Doubtfire, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, Some Kind Of Wonderful, etc.

there's obviously more stuff out there than just that. thank god for that.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #296
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

night lmp and pee fan
Old 04-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #297
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
This is the thing. I know where to look for music. I sort of know where to look for literature. But for films? Haven't the first fucking clue.

Plus, being poor and stingy, music and books work out to be much better value for money at this point in my life.
i wouldn't know where to suggest, unfortunately. the only place i know of is a private site. i can't download anything anymore because my isp seems to block torrents.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #298
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i have a friend who likes every mindless movie that's come out, it seems. examples from their myspace: Hairspray, The Breakfast Club, Romy & Michele's High School Reunion, The Wedding Singer, Mrs. Doubtfire, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, Some Kind Of Wonderful, etc.

there's obviously more stuff out there than just that. thank god for that.
Excuse me while I call your friend shallow ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #299
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i wouldn't know where to suggest, unfortunately. the only place i know of is a private site. i can't download anything anymore because my isp seems to block torrents.
Lame. Have you tried changing the port you use to connect with torrents?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #300
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Excuse me while I call your friend shallow ...
excuse me while i agree with you!! (btw, i don't know how often you read my lj, but this is the same friend of mine i wrote an entry about today)

Tags
superthread