Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Melbourne University's most useless staircase. Probably designed by a Monash architect. Seen in the Brownless Medical Library. Unfortunately, you can find the colour brown there. Probably again the fault of the Monash architect. :wink:

s640x480
Nah, that looks like a typically Melbourne-Uni-esque arty-farty waste of money to me :wink:

'Sides, if it had been a Monash architecht, it would have fallen down by now. That gravity is a bitch.

Alisaura said:

I wonder if you'd get a decent recording from outside a venue? Less crowd noise perhaps....

For audience taping, it would be far too quiet, and if the wind's up at all, it fucks you over (just see the Hershey rehearsals tapes; the one with Acrobat is taped from outside the venue). A number of soundcheck bootlegs are recorded outside the venue too.

But if you're doing IEM or whatever, then yeah, that's quite viable to do outside the venue. Saves the hassle of trying to get the technology through security.

Not that security gave a damn about much here. We EASILY got in recording gear and cameras.

mysterious_jen said:
sorry the dork was directed at axvers sarcasm at my suggestion to use where is !

not you ali, :hug:
That was me resisting the sarcasm, so your dork-flinging was accurately aimed over here... :reject:

:hug:

Alisaura said:

Nah, that looks like a typically Melbourne-Uni-esque arty-farty waste of money to me :wink:

'Sides, if it had been a Monash architecht, it would have fallen down by now. That gravity is a bitch.

Did you just own Monash? :ohmy: :lol:

Here's the other end of the staircase. I just about cracked up when I found it.

s640x480

Axver said:
:yikes:

I ... think I'll stay in Australia.
Probably for the best. I don't think I saw a single tram over there... although you may find the endlessly and wildly varying gaps between train carraiges and platforms to be quite fascinating. You can get t-shirts with "Mind the Gap" on them. :giggle:

Alisaura said:

Probably for the best. I don't think I saw a single tram over there... although you may find the endlessly and wildly varying gaps between train carraiges and platforms to be quite fascinating. You can get t-shirts with "Mind the Gap" on them. :giggle:

:laugh:

Yeah, most tram networks there have been torn up. I believe Blackpool has one, but tourist oriented. Some cities have light rail networks, like Newcastle. Nothing at all like ours.

But British passenger rail leaves anything here for dead.

Axver said:
Did you just own Monash? :ohmy: :lol:

Here's the other end of the staircase. I just about cracked up when I found it.

s640x480
Hey, that place sucked five years out of my life. Sure, I enjoyed most of them, but I know the place is far from perfect. :tongue:

Besides, I figure you're owning UniMelb by even posting those pics. :wink:

Alisaura said:

Hey, that place sucked four years out of my life. Sure, I enjoyed most of them, but I know the place is far from perfect. :tongue:

Besides, I figure you're owning UniMelb by even posting those pics. :wink:

:lol:

I figure that as an Arts student, it is my duty to pwn anything pertaining to the Medical faculty.

Use Google Maps, people.

What do you need to find anyway?

On a similar note to the Melbourne University staircase, there's this useless ramp to nowhere on Dynon Road near North Melbourne railway station.

s640x480

mysterious_jen said:
FUCK WHEREIS its playing up for me now.
:mad:
Well, I'm glad it's not just me. :hug:

I'm going out to some comedy thing tomorrow night, so I'll have limited searching time after that... but I have a Melways (maybe 5 years out of date, sigh), so all will be well.

Crap, I need to be asleep now.

:hug: :wave: Thanks for the distraction!

Does google maps show car parks?

Axver said:
I figure that as an Arts student, it is my duty to pwn anything pertaining to the Medical faculty.
There was a fierce rivalry between the Halls 'Green Week' Team and that of the Engineering students. They suck. :madwife:

Of course, I hate Green Week anyway, but still...

Oh, you're both bailing on me? :wave:

And unfortunately I've no idea where to find car parking information for the Imax. Sorry. Being someone who never needs it ...!

OK, need to keep this thread chugging along. How about I take everybody on a tour of my home region? Yeah, let's visit the Kapiti Coast through photos.

The southernmost town on the Kapiti Coast is Pukerua Bay, seen below. It is the hometown of Peter Jackson.

s640x480

Now Paekakariki. Christian Cullen, one of the most famous sportsmen of recent years, is from here.

I unfortunately don't have any good overview photos of Paekak. So here's me on the Paekak railway turntable, now preserved by Steam Inc.

s640x480

WOAH, IT'S THE MAJ.!

You haven't been around in ages on these threads.

Also, won't be able to make the lunchtime gig tomorrow - got an appointment in the morning then meeting fellow albino railfan for lunch/trainchasing.

Fair enough! I'll be lugging my spear and swords around so I probably won't be the happiest of people anyway.

Yeah, life and work kinda caught up with me, which sucks. And I get home from class and decide to hop on here for a bit, and not much seems to be happening!

Man, I am so looking forward to writing that Terrorism essay now. It will be a theological blast.

Heh, what are you doing for that essay? I started mine this morning.

Also, you better bloody make the tute this Thursday! Our tutor really is so cool.

Between Paekakariki and the next town, Raumati South, is the WELLINGTON TRAMWAY MUSEUM!

s640x480

Oh God yes.

The Fiducia tram in the background is my favourite tram ever.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

The controls of Fiducia #239, B end.

Trams have come a loooong way since this.

s640x480

And from inside the Fiducia, a sign that amused me. What if the windows are open and the wind blows towards the front?

s640x480

Yeah, I figure I'll do the question on "is terrorism ever justified?" and look at it from a religious / philosophical point of view. I mean, it's not like we can do a lot with 1000 words anyway.

Also, I will definitely make it to the tutorial. There are nine or so weeks left in the semester, so plenty of time to attend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom