Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

AND the missing track is Bad, of all the songs it could have been. :angry:

AND I cannot convince the internet to yield up a map of how to get to the sodding museum!! *headasplode*

Let me see if I can help you on the Bad front.

Axver said:
A D2 class tram cresting the bridge/taking flight. Note its destination: LONSDALE STREET. Not only is it heading in the completely wrong direction away from the CBD, but LONSDALE STREET DOESN'T HAVE A TRAM LINE.

Also, the building in the background with the balconies is the hotel I stayed at when I came to Melbourne to see U2 in 2006 before I moved down here. Fucking handy to the gigs! Didn't even plan it that way - just good luck.
I would imagine that Lonsdale St does intersect with a tram-equipped street at some point...

We were in a hotel right on Spencer St at that intersection... that was awesome. And planned :wink:

Oh, and the last of the tram photos I uploaded in my latest batch.

s640x480

Definitely one of my favourite tram photos. A D2 on the LaTrobe Street bridge with the Melbourne CBD in the background.

mysterious_jen said:
*resists sarcasm*

I did try that, but I broke it when I asked it to show me a map of where the IMAX is. It suggested I go to Whitepages (or Yellowpages, same diff), and I looked up the entry for the Museum... NO MAP. Maps of Scienceworks at Spotswood, maps of the Immigration museum, but not the main bloody one.

ARGH.

Maybe if I search for the Carlton Gardens....

Alisaura said:

I would imagine that Lonsdale St does intersect with a tram-equipped street at some point...

Spencer, William, Elizabeth, and Swanston all do. Maybe Spring; I know the line around there does something funky though and I'm never in that part of the city.

But no matter what, none of them are equipped as a terminating point! So who knows. It cracked me up. I like to spot odd destination boards/route numbers.

OK, Ali, my 21/08/01, London boot has Bad as the 14th track. Want me to send it?

Axver said:
Surely not from the U2 gig? :wink:
No, there just happened to be a totally different large crowd of people in pens hanging around when I took that... :wink:

Can't see (m)any obvious U2 t-shirts, so it could be true!

Alisaura said:

*resists sarcasm*

I did try that, but I broke it when I asked it to show me a map of where the IMAX is. It suggested I go to Whitepages (or Yellowpages, same diff), and I looked up the entry for the Museum... NO MAP. Maps of Scienceworks at Spotswood, maps of the Immigration museum, but not the main bloody one.

ARGH.

Maybe if I search for the Carlton Gardens....

search for a place - cinemas-in rathdowne st carton DORK :wink:

Alisaura said:

Wow. I think we were in the same place. :lol:

:lol: Wouldn't surprise me really, I imagine there were plenty of U2 fans staying there.

My mother didn't go to the gig but said she could hear it from her room.

unico said:
wow...your streets are so clean!

This is Hope Street in Brunswick West. I like the cobblestones.

s640x480

WOW NO TRAMS IN THE PHOTO.

Somehow they fit a bus route down there though. Hate to think what happens when the bus wants to go one way and a car's coming in the other direction ...

Axver said:
OK, Ali, my 21/08/01, London boot has Bad as the 14th track. Want me to send it?
I just tried it again and it worked. :reject:

Thanks anyway!

I just saw Jen posted a whereis link. Looks like the electronic universe is out to make me look like a complete fuckwit tonight. Thanks, electronic universe. :mad:

More Melbourne photo spam.

HEY LOOK IT'S WHERE U2 PLAYED!

s640x480

Alisaura said:

I just tried it again and it worked. :reject:

Thanks anyway!

I just saw Jen posted a whereis link. Looks like the electronic universe is out to make me look like a complete fuckwit tonight. Thanks, electronic universe. :mad:

Hee, no problem.

:hug:

Axver said:
s640x480

Somehow they fit a bus route down there though. Hate to think what happens when the bus wants to go one way and a car's coming in the other direction ...
Haha! You should see some of the twisty-arsed narrow streets in England that you see cars parked on each side of, and THEN you see DOUBLE-DECKER BUSES whizzing down them at speed. Those are REAL bus drivers...! :yikes:

Melbourne University's most useless staircase. Probably designed by a Monash architect. Seen in the Brownless Medical Library. Unfortunately, you can find the colour brown there. Probably again the fault of the Monash architect. :wink:

s640x480

mysterious_jen said:

sorry the dork was directed at axvers sarcasm at my suggestion to use where is !

not you ali, :hug:

Hey, why am I copping flak here! I said nothing at all about using whereis!

Alisaura said:

Haha! You should see some of the twisty-arsed narrow streets in England that you see cars parked on each side of, and THEN you see DOUBLE-DECKER BUSES whizzing down them at speed. Those are REAL bus drivers...! :yikes:

:yikes:

I ... think I'll stay in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom