Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
and where is everyone else? tourist? ian? jen? etc. it's certainly not that i don't mind talking to you, but i'm just surprised none of them are around.

Andrew's probably having sex with his girlfriend or something boring like that.

Ian's probably at university or something exciting like that.

Jen's at work.

Axver said:
:lol: See, short songs kind of bother me. If it's only about four minutes long and I absolutely love it, it ends too soon! I find myself compulsively repeating my favourite short songs for about twenty minutes just to get the same level of enjoyment out of them.

And :mad:! Snippetry is what makes things interesting! My least favourites are the hugely long ones that have no snippetry, because Bono's jumped in the crowd or whatever and the band's just continuing to play until he comes back.
oh, i agree with you about that. i hate when my favourite song by someone (or at least a song i really like) is ~4-5 minutes. i end up doing the same thing. it's not uncommon for me to leave a song on repeat.

there's nothing wrong with snippetry, but in bad, sometimes it can get a bit ridiculous because he'll snippet tons and tons of songs.

KhanadaRhodes said:
oh god, more pink floyd
cry.gif

Sorry. But I think it rather nicely sets up my entire tracklist and outlines the thematic content pretty well.

Axver said:
Andrew's probably having sex with his girlfriend or something boring like that.

Ian's probably at university or something exciting like that.

Jen's at work.
:yawn: how boring.

you know what i did while i was at work?

posted on here. that's right.

KhanadaRhodes said:
wee, i have this thread all to myself now.

You definitely will soon, as I have to go to uni in about 40 minutes.

We've got a couple of Holocaust survivors speaking at today's Holocaust & Genocide lecture. I'm looking forward to it.

Axver said:
You definitely will soon, as I have to go to uni in about 40 minutes.

We've got a couple of Holocaust survivors speaking at today's Holocaust & Genocide lecture. I'm looking forward to it.
awww boo. now that i'm poking around in my smilies folder, i suppose this isn't appropriate to post:
nazi.gif

LemonMacPhisto said:

L-Mel, what'd you mean by bad labeling of the tracks?

I mean it seemed that every file had 01 or 02 before it in its title, so it wasn't even close to being in order when I extracted them. Took me forever to fix it. :mad:

But other than that I liked your list.

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh, i agree with you about that. i hate when my favourite song by someone (or at least a song i really like) is ~4-5 minutes. i end up doing the same thing. it's not uncommon for me to leave a song on repeat.

there's nothing wrong with snippetry, but in bad, sometimes it can get a bit ridiculous because he'll snippet tons and tons of songs.

I had to get the postwhorehouse to stop me repeating Porcupine Tree's And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun to death. I love that song so much and it barely breaks the four minute barrier! Agonisingly short.

I think the most snippets I've ever found in one performance of Bad is six. Or maybe only five. He rarely passes four. Most performances tend to just have two or so. I get excited if I find one with 3+.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yawn: how boring.

you know what i did while i was at work?

posted on here. that's right.

:lol:

I think Jen's said she sometimes reads from work, but doesn't post.

KhanadaRhodes said:

awww boo. now that i'm poking around in my smilies folder, i suppose this isn't appropriate to post:
nazi.gif

:lol:

I'll tell you the worst joke I've ever heard.

Q: Why did Hitler commit suicide?

A: Because he saw the gas bill.

KhanadaRhodes said:

At Christmas, my family popped crackers and we read the terribly lame jokes inside them and remarked on how shitty they were. So I said "how about I tell you guys the worst joke I've ever heard?"

I told them that one. After the punch line, there was this second of silence as they proceeded it, and then really awkward fits of laughter. It was so great.

Axver said:

Q: Why did Hitler commit suicide?

A: Because he saw the gas bill.

:lol: You came up with that? It's the most offensive thing I've heard all day, and I watched an hour of South Park earlier. :lmao:

LemonMelon said:

:lol: You came up with that? It's the most offensive thing I've heard all day, and I watched an hour of South Park earlier. :lmao:

Nope, Liam told it to me. I've no idea where he got it from.

I tell it a lot though. The resulting awkward laughter is always priceless.

You know what's a lot more fun than a gas bill? Queen's A Night At The Opera. I'm hooked on that record these days. It makes my inner music critic feel very awkward, but hell, it's amazing. God Save The Queen is really shitty and pointless though.

LemonMelon said:
You know what's a lot more fun than a gas bill? Queen's A Night At The Opera. I'm hooked on that record these days. It makes my inner music critic feel very awkward, but hell, it's amazing. God Save The Queen is really shitty and pointless though.

I find it to be a hit and miss album. My favourite is Queen II. Not a bad track on the whole thing, and it flows cohesively from start to finish.

Incidentally, I'm a Queen heretic. My favourite track on A Night At The Opera is '39, and my favourite Queen track full stop is Long Away from A Day At The Races. Both sung by Brian May, even though I do prefer Freddie's voice.

Axver said:

I find it to be a hit and miss album. My favourite is Queen II. Not a bad track on the whole thing, and it flows cohesively from start to finish.

Incidentally, I'm a Queen heretic. My favourite track on A Night At The Opera is '39, and my favourite Queen track full stop is Long Away from A Day At The Races. Both sung by Brian May, even though I do prefer Freddie's voice.

Need to listen to II soon. I have a ton of Queen albums - Sheer Heart Attack, Night At The Opera, Day At The Races, Jazz, The Game, but not II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom