Disney and the Evil "Vault"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
You know how Disney puts their movies into "the vault" for years to try to get people to buy up their movies really quickly (or face not seeing singing dancing mice for many years)? What if they started buying the patents to various everyday things that can be sold in store and put those things into "the vault?" Can you imagine it?

"Buy your toilet paper by January 31st--before it goes back into THE VAULT!"

"Buy your chess board before Disney puts it back into THE VAULT!"

"Buy your girlfriend a diamond ring before diamonds go into THE VAULT!"

"Buy yourself a new set of spoons--before they go back into THE VAULT!"

Because it creates a higher demand for them when they do rerelease them, and that means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

But yeah, it's stupid.

:shrug: they end up shooting themselves in the foot when people turn to illegal sources or buy them used if they've gone back in the vault. i think the idea is ridiculous. wikipedia says sometimes they've made videos available for purchase for as little as sixty days to as much as a few years, and they're not rereleased for another seven years.

so right now, if i want lady and the tramp, i'm fucked since it looks like it was put back in the vault about a year ago. oh well, i still have my old vhs tapes somewhere, back when they came in those huge ass plastic cases :drool:

No spoken words said:
Man, if only the people that run ABC/Disney posted in here, they'd find out how to really run their business.

You used to live in LA - don't you know someone at Disney? Can't you send them over here or something?

corianderstem said:

You used to live in LA - don't you know someone at Disney? Can't you send them over here or something?

It'll be hard with the RECESSION coming.

Maybe being in a vault is a good thing.

^^If it's still 7 years, then The Lion King has 4 more to go. It's by far my favorite Disney movie, and since it's "in the vault," I torrented it. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom