Disgusted with Ally McBeal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alreadygone

The Fly
where the bright lights and big city meet
Ok, Ok, I know it's Thursday, but I have Tivo--tv schedules mean nothing anymore.
biggrin.gif

Does anyone have a reaction to Jon Bon Jovi joining the cast of Ally McBeal? I've been looking for a reason to just stop watching this show, between those stupid fucking haircuts that she and Jenny have (they look like used q-tips, if you ask me), and her getting skinnier and skinner, the Biscuit is stale, the Fish stinks, they took the teeth out of Nell and Ling... Ugh. Who cares anymore?

So, JBJ is the last straw. (being careful not to make judgemental statments about the man himself, I just think it's a dumb move).

*throws remote down in disgust*

Opinions?

--
You're dangerous but you're honest
You're dangerous, you don't know what you want

I'm with you...I used to love that show, but
the past 2 seasons have been trite and convoluted and boring.

I've rarely seen a character as annoying as Jenny in any show on tv.

Tis a shame tho, Ally was one of the few shows out there that I found original.

I read on E!Online that they aren't putting Calista and Jane Krakowski in the same scene much because of Jane's weight gain,
and they don't want the make Calista look sickly in comparison to Jane's healthier figure. Such bullshit. arghargh.

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

I want to just strangle that Ally McBeal.

If she wasnt on the show I might watch it.

She irritates the hell out of me.

calista.jpg

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

I used to like that show a lot, and Ally never bothered me as much as she seemed to annoy many other people, but the last two seasons were just blah. I'll still keep an eye on it in hopes of improvement, though.

I think Im the only person alive who hated the show right from the start. Ally's day tripping was just plain irritating. The whole cast was annoying. Still, I think I was just missing the point.

Ah, Gina Marie, a woman of taste and class, I see. WE'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!! Bring back rehab boy! And send JBJ off to daytime soaps or something.

Originally posted by Klodomir:
WE'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!! Bring back rehab boy!

OK, call me insane
wink.gif
, but I've always found 'rehab boy' to be incredibly sexy.

NOT the drug stuff though. He's so talented and sweet-I just wish he'd get his act together.

Dame Edna is joining:

Dame Edna Everage is to have a recurring role in Ally McBeal.

She has already appeared in two episodes of the series being shown in America at the moment.

Two other new members of the cast are to leave the show.

Julianne Nicholson and James Marsden, who play Jenny Shaw and Glenn Foy, will leave halfway through the series according to the Hollywood Reporter. Both joined the cast at the beginning of the current series.

The show has seen its ratings slide considerably this season, and producers have already announced Jon Bon Jovi will be seen on screen as Ally's new love interest next month.

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
OK, call me insane
wink.gif
, but I've always found 'rehab boy' to be incredibly sexy.

NOT the drug stuff though. He's so talented and sweet-I just wish he'd get his act together.
Did you see him in that Elton John video? Mwwwwwwhahahahoohoohoo! *slobber*

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
nl66161.jpg

she actually looks healthier in this picture

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

You know, Ally McBeal IS my favorite show and all, on account of its clever writing and relevance, but I have a problem with Calista Flockhart. I need her to lose some weight and wear less clothing.
rolleyes.gif
UG!!! It is SOOOO gross the way she looks...who is that small anyway?! I cannot stand that show!
mad.gif

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

I used to watch the show. then I decided it sucked.

The only time I watch the show is when they have special guests on.

Like, last year when Robert Downey Jr. was on I tuned in cuz I really like him. And of course, I like Jon Bon so I'll probably start watching it again soon just to see him.

But the show itself is not very good and when it was , it was short lived. Sad, cuz some of the people on there are good but they don't have much to work with.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Oh yes-I LOVE that video!!! Uh-'I Want Love'-OK- I'll give you some Robert.
eek.gif

I read he has some new girlfriend now.
mad.gif

Are you sure it's a "girl"friend? I mean, he is in prison.

Ally McBeal might still be watchable if David E. Kelley wasn't spreading himself thin by writing two other series at the same time. People can only do so much.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I'll still watch the show, but I agree that it's not as good as when it first started.

Ditto on the Robert Downey Jr thing - that man is a CUTIE!!!

luvkiss.gif

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
I think Im the only person alive who hated the show right from the start. Ally's day tripping was just plain irritating. The whole cast was annoying. Still, I think I was just missing the point.

nope, I've hated it from Day1 also. Yer not alone.
smile.gif

WTF? I didn't know that. It's gona be crap with him in. I can't stand him (no offence) and I do agree it's not like it used to be. Gone are the days when John would dance to Barry White in the unisex and EVERYONE would come and join in. It's just not the same any more. It's getting where I am only watching to see Boston
frown.gif

ohhhhh....when james marsden leaves i will get mad.

*malibu whortense is in love with him

the show was promising from the beginning of this season, but now it is chaos it seems. and jon bon jovi? ewww. but i also hated robert downey, jr. so annoying, and only reinforces my belief that women only like unattainable jackasses. i am glad he is gone, but david e. kelley is obviously having problems sustaining a dynamic cast, adding new characters, and keeping the existing ones fresh.

fox is very forgiving it seems, so i think that ally mcbeal might be better organized next season, since it appears his cast gambling for this season has failed.

the show does have great elements to it, but blame kelley for his obsession with thin actresses, because it is known he puts extreme demands on them. that is what is really unfortunate, and was also why courtney thorne-smith (ex-georgia) left.

i may have to go into hollywood and write that perfect tv show yet. lol.

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

Back
Top Bottom