Dinosaur Cove, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UF has never worn off for me, I think it's been my favourite album since 2004. I mean, sometimes I won't play it for ages, but I come back to it and love it straight away again. I've never considered putting something else in the #1 spot, either in terms of U2 or overall. JT and Boy seem to be fairly consistently around 2nd/3rd and 3rd to 5th respectively in my U2 rankings.

Corpse is good, though I don't think I've ever ranked it in my top five Passengers songs. One track far too overlooked is United Colours. I love how it builds.

Yeah, I'm the same way with Exit... but as far as whole albums go, they cycle through every so often. JT, October, and Pop are usually near the top, though. Probably Zooropa too... *stops self*

I skipped United Colours a lot until recently, I finally "got" it. It's one of those ones I have to be in the right mood for, but yeah, it's good.

"And Jones bowls a blistering delivery... *plop* ... now we go to SnorkelCam..."

That would be tricky...

:laugh: That would be all kinds of hilarious awesome.

Not much more than usual... although "30" looks a lot less scary than "thirty".

:yikes:

Heh. Got any big plans for being 30? I remember my mother learnt to swim as some sort of 30th birthday resolution.

Yeah, I'm the same way with Exit... but as far as whole albums go, they cycle through every so often. JT, October, and Pop are usually near the top, though. Probably Zooropa too... *stops self*

I skipped United Colours a lot until recently, I finally "got" it. It's one of those ones I have to be in the right mood for, but yeah, it's good.

October. :drool: Now there's an album in need of more love. Have you listened to the remaster yet?

I've always thought United Colours would be sweet seguing into HMTMKMKM live.

Heh. Got any big plans for being 30? I remember my mother learnt to swim as some sort of 30th birthday resolution.

I was thinking about something like that... on the small scale, I need to take shorter showers and start getting to work on time again. And I think the UK adventure will probably be the big thing I want to do before I have another birthday.

October. :drool: Now there's an album in need of more love. Have you listened to the remaster yet?

I've always thought United Colours would be sweet seguing into HMTMKMKM live.

I did listen to the October remaster, yeah. Without flipping back and forth between the original and the remaster, it's hard to tell if it sounds very different, but I may have heard more of the quieter details. And the bonus disc was pretty good.

I think I've heard you say that before, and I think I tried it... not too bad at all.

I am, Ax. There's no chocolate in the house.

Meh, knowing Ali's luck she'll probably hit 100 just to prolong the torture.

I haven't eaten ANYTHING today. I should do something about that.

And I was referring to YOUR imminent demise.

:wave:

Chass, you'll be pleased to know I just bought Evita on my lunch break. If I can stay awake, I might watch it after work.

I did listen to the October remaster, yeah. Without flipping back and forth between the original and the remaster, it's hard to tell if it sounds very different, but I may have heard more of the quieter details. And the bonus disc was pretty good.

I think I've heard you say that before, and I think I tried it... not too bad at all.

Yeah, the remasters aren't really THAT significantly different. Though the start of Gloria certainly sounds better.

I'd love the band to actually acknowledge there were songs other than Miss Sarajevo on Passengers and play them live. Some wouldn't work, but I'm sure Your Blue Room or One Minute Warning would be rather cool.

I was thinking about something like that... on the small scale, I need to take shorter showers and start getting to work on time again. And I think the UK adventure will probably be the big thing I want to do before I have another birthday.

Allow me to be skeptical, especially about the getting to work on time thing. :tongue:

As for shorter showers, move somewhere with a shithouse shower! I used to be Mr Loooong Showers, but ever since I came down here? The fucking hot water craps out so quickly that I think the last time I had a truly long shower was in April when I was in Queensland.

I was just walking down the movie aisle, and there it was, sitting out front. So I picked it up, turned around there was The Machinist. Went over to the CDS, there was the Sid and Nancy soundtrack. Went over to the books, there was Four Past Midnight. THen I got the last DVD reservation slip for The Dark Knight. Very interesting day at the music store. Cosmic or something.

Yeah, the remasters aren't really THAT significantly different. Though the start of Gloria certainly sounds better.

I'd love the band to actually acknowledge there were songs other than Miss Sarajevo on Passengers and play them live. Some wouldn't work, but I'm sure Your Blue Room or One Minute Warning would be rather cool.

.... omfg. OMW live...! :drool:

Allow me to be skeptical, especially about the getting to work on time thing. :tongue:
I quite understand.

As for shorter showers, move somewhere with a shithouse shower! I used to be Mr Loooong Showers, but ever since I came down here? The fucking hot water craps out so quickly that I think the last time I had a truly long shower was in April when I was in Queensland.
I looove the old-school shower head in this house... but it does encourage me to stay in there way too long. I'm hoping a clock in there will help...!

I was just walking down the movie aisle, and there it was, sitting out front. So I picked it up, turned around there was The Machinist. Went over to the CDS, there was the Sid and Nancy soundtrack. Went over to the books, there was Four Past Midnight. THen I got the last DVD reservation slip for The Dark Knight. Very interesting day at the music store. Cosmic or something.
I always get Four Seasons and Four Past Midnight mixed up.

Let's see. Four Seasons has Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, and The Body... Four Past Midnight has The Langoliers and Secret Window, Secret Garden. But I mix up the other four stories between them!

So, I just went into the kitchen intending to make lunch ... and I did the dishes instead.

What the hell, people.

Ax, regarding YBR live, Do you really want them to give Adam a microphone again?

I always get Four Seasons and Four Past Midnight mixed up.

Let's see. Four Seasons has Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, and The Body... Four Past Midnight has The Langoliers and Secret Window, Secret Garden. But I mix up the other four stories between them!

Different Seasons is Shawshank, The Body, Apt Pupil...and something else. Four Past Midnight Is Secret Window, Langoliers, Library Policeman...and something else.

Ax, regarding YBR live, Do you really want them to give Adam a microphone again?

Well, it'd be better than giving Larry one!

And judging by Bono's current vocal skills, Adam really SHOULD have a mic.

.... omfg. OMW live...! :drool:

I quite understand.

I looove the old-school shower head in this house... but it does encourage me to stay in there way too long. I'm hoping a clock in there will help...!

OMW live would be made of too much pwnage. Pair it with something else really dark, like Bullet or Exit or motherfucking Acrobat and it'd be chock-full of SuperWin.

Haha, a clock!

See you later. :wave:

OMW live would be made of too much pwnage. Pair it with something else really dark, like Bullet or Exit or motherfucking Acrobat and it'd be chock-full of SuperWin.

I can't let that go without saying, Holy fuck, that would kill me in the best possible way.

Also, Adam speaks better than he sings.

*gone*

So, I just went into the kitchen intending to make lunch ... and I did the dishes instead.

What the hell, people.
I do that way too often :uhoh:

Different Seasons is Shawshank, The Body, Apt Pupil...and something else. Four Past Midnight Is Secret Window, Langoliers, Library Policeman...and something else.
Okay, The Sun Dog is in there somewhere, no clue what the other story is. And no wonder I get confused. It's not called Four Seasons at all :der:

Also: WHAT:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/tribute-bands-are-the-enemy-of-art-u2-edition-189927.html

Well, it'd be better than giving Larry one!

And judging by Bono's current vocal skills, Adam really SHOULD have a mic.
Ha, fair point. I wouldn't mind Adam doing some more vocals, tbh.

Okay, The Sun Dog is in there somewhere, no clue what the other story is. And no wonder I get confused. It's not called Four Seasons at all :der:

Also: WHAT:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/tribute-bands-are-the-enemy-of-art-u2-edition-189927.html

Haven't you read that before? I had to stop after the third page cause my head was going to explode. That's what happens when an unstoppable force (logic) meets an immovable object (Screw).

Edit, oops, wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom