Dinosaur Cove, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you do a French accent? Because I can imagine that would be BRILLIANT in deepest, darkest Mississippi or Alabama.

I can't say I'm familiar with him personally, but I have one Salmonella Dub album and enjoy it. Maori and percussiony? This sounds like it has a good chance of being enjoyable too.
I think they said his latest album is called Past, Present, Future, or something like that. And that track might have been called something along the lines of Tangaroa... curse my memory and weird Maori words.

Mysterious Ways isn't a lock at #2?!
Are we talking live or studio, though?
I've made a list, and it's on there... everything after the no. 1 or 2 spot is in no particular order, and liable to change without notice.

1. Exit
2. Heartland
3. Electric Co.
4. Numb
5. Mysterious Ways
6. Tomorrow
7. Drowning Man
8. Bad
9. Velvet Dress
10. Stateless
11. One Minute Warning (it IS a U2 track, dammit)

(And yes, I pretty much picked my (current) fave off every album.)

I think they said his latest album is called Past, Present, Future, or something like that. And that track might have been called something along the lines of Tangaroa... curse my memory and weird Maori words.

I think I shall look this up.

Are we talking live or studio, though?
I've made a list, and it's on there... everything after the no. 1 or 2 spot is in no particular order, and liable to change without notice.

1. Exit
2. Heartland
3. Electric Co.
4. Numb
5. Mysterious Ways
6. Tomorrow
7. Drowning Man
8. Bad
9. Velvet Dress
10. Stateless
11. One Minute Warning (it IS a U2 track, dammit)

(And yes, I pretty much picked my (current) fave off every album.)

Mine was studio, and would've been fairly different if it were live. No Heartland, Acrobat, Wild Irish Rose, or Treasure for one thing! Bad would be #2 and 11 O'clock Tick Tock #3.

Ooh, TEC and Tomorrow and Stateless. SuperWin. And One Minute Warning! Slug is in my top 20.

There were a lot of French people who settled around the Mississippi, though...? All that Creole stuff?

I thought that was mainly just Louisiana?

And in any case, all the French-descended people probably hate France anyway and nibble merrily on freedom fries. Go Dubya! :happy:

No, this is how cool November should ALWAYS be. :drool:

And shit, I'm forgetting to watch the cricket! Wonder just how dismally both Australia and New Zealand are doing ... that is, if another storm hasn't shown up and washed the 'Gabba into the Brisbane River.

I think I shall look this up.
Past, Present, Future - RealGroovy

Mine was studio, and would've been fairly different if it were live. No Heartland, Acrobat, Wild Irish Rose, or Treasure for one thing! Bad would be #2 and 11 O'clock Tick Tock #3.

Ooh, TEC and Tomorrow and Stateless. SuperWin. And One Minute Warning! Slug is in my top 20.
Yeah, I went with studio too.

I think I've had a bit of over-exposure to Slug recently... and maybe OWM too. I was really digging Always Forever Now the other day. But then I am very much in the Passengers zone at the moment.

*wants to change list already*
:lol:

I thought that was mainly just Louisiana?

And in any case, all the French-descended people probably hate France anyway and nibble merrily on freedom fries. Go Dubya! :happy:

You're probably right on both counts...

"Nibble merrily". Great mental picture... :giggle: Homer nibbling on rations on the rubber raft + :happy:

Past, Present, Future - RealGroovy

Yeah, I went with studio too.

I think I've had a bit of over-exposure to Slug recently... and maybe OWM too. I was really digging Always Forever Now the other day. But then I am very much in the Passengers zone at the moment.

*wants to change list already*
:lol:

Sweetness. Wonder if my usual sources have the goods in terms of downloads ...

Yeah, I haven't touched Slug too much lately either. Honestly, I think I over-exposed myself to all of Passengers, and now I'm thinking of putting it down to fourth in my U2 rankings and moving Boy into third. But still, amazing album. Always Forever Now is SuperWin, and I'm especially fond of Beach Sequence.

No, this is how cool November should ALWAYS be. :drool:

And shit, I'm forgetting to watch the cricket! Wonder just how dismally both Australia and New Zealand are doing ... that is, if another storm hasn't shown up and washed the 'Gabba into the Brisbane River.

WRONG. *shivers*

Ohnoes!!

Do they play cricket in knee-deep water like rugby and soccer?
(I know they don't... wusses and their tarpaulin.)

WRONG. *shivers*

Ohnoes!!

Do they play cricket in knee-deep water like rugby and soccer?
(I know they don't... wusses and their tarpaulin.)

RIGHT! *enjoys the cold*

Haha, I'd like to see you bowl a ball when the field's knee-deep in water. That'd be hilarious.

Actually, I remember my friends and I tried to come up with a form of pool cricket back in high school ... we couldn't really get it to work.

Sweetness. Wonder if my usual sources have the goods in terms of downloads ...

Yeah, I haven't touched Slug too much lately either. Honestly, I think I over-exposed myself to all of Passengers, and now I'm thinking of putting it down to fourth in my U2 rankings and moving Boy into third. But still, amazing album. Always Forever Now is SuperWin, and I'm especially fond of Beach Sequence.

I wouldn't mind having a listen to it either, methinks.

I go through phases like that with every album I have, U2 or otherwise... It's my favourte for a while, I listen to it a lot, then it wears off and I go for a new favourite.

*fickle as the breeze*

And yeah, Beach Sequence was the other one vying for a spot in my list. Although I love Corpse too... (etc etc)

RIGHT! *enjoys the cold*

Haha, I'd like to see you bowl a ball when the field's knee-deep in water. That'd be hilarious.

Actually, I remember my friends and I tried to come up with a form of pool cricket back in high school ... we couldn't really get it to work.

"And Jones bowls a blistering delivery... *plop* ... now we go to SnorkelCam..."

That would be tricky...

I wouldn't mind having a listen to it either, methinks.

I go through phases like that with every album I have, U2 or otherwise... It's my favourte for a while, I listen to it a lot, then it wears off and I go for a new favourite.

*fickle as the breeze*

And yeah, Beach Sequence was the other one vying for a spot in my list. Although I love Corpse too... (etc etc)

UF has never worn off for me, I think it's been my favourite album since 2004. I mean, sometimes I won't play it for ages, but I come back to it and love it straight away again. I've never considered putting something else in the #1 spot, either in terms of U2 or overall. JT and Boy seem to be fairly consistently around 2nd/3rd and 3rd to 5th respectively in my U2 rankings.

Corpse is good, though I don't think I've ever ranked it in my top five Passengers songs. One track far too overlooked is United Colours. I love how it builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom