Dinner With Any Five People (dead or alive)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is hard.
eek.gif
OK, off the top of my head...

*Bono (I would have chosen Larry but damnit the man doesn't say much, lol)
*John Lennon
*Margaret Mitchell
*Wonder Woman (don't laugh, I will hurt you)
*Janis Joplin

Eclectic mix, huh? Couldn't you just see Bono trying to sweet-talk Wonder Woman?
wink.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
*Bono (I would have chosen Larry but damnit the man doesn't say much, lol)

I was totally going to post the same thing!! LOL! SPA...

I guess Id want to invite.....

Paulina Simmons
Jack the Ripper (only so I can find out who he is)
A cop to arrest him, or keep him under control
Nic Cage
Harold Holt, I wanna know where he went...
Jan Van Eyck (and Salome so he can translate for me)
Mother Theresa, cos Ive heard she was a hoot to know.

The cop and Slomey dont count as Slomey is head of translatins and modding my party and the cop is crowd control.

Oh, and Sicy darl, if you were cooking for bear, I'd have to give you my extra special recipe for Fission Mungbean soup as well as the main Fission Mungbean Stew.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
im surprised and downright disappointed that noone here wants me over for dinner.

If you really do look like Ed Harcourt, you can be invited to my dinner if he can't make it.

Bono
Queen Elizabeth the First
Jesus
John Irving
Guy Pearce

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

paul newman
james dean
bono
liam neeson
shay given

point no 1- id MUCH prefer to have dinner with each individually( and not for the reasons i KNOW youll be thinking...but i wouldnt say no)

point no 2- theres probably many other people i would love to have dinner with nearly, or just as much but those are the first five names that came into my head

I'd have Padraig P. McGuinness over for dinner just so I could punch him on the nose and tell him what a pompous misguided ass of a newspaper columnist he is. Forget the food, he WOULD be dinner.

Nah really, hmmm. I dunno. Famous people don't really cut it. Even if you admire them, they are often unpleasant people. And if they are nice people then they'd have more sense than to be spending time in the same room as me.

Let's say it would be nice to have dinner with Mark Twain and just about any contemporary political figure. That would make for all sorts of fireworks. When bean monkeys run the world, get angry or get funny. Or both.

(no conspiracy folks, my spelling is just atrocious tonight and I am vain enough to go back and correct it).
------------------
Yeah Mona Lisa's got the highway blues
you can tell by the way she smiles

[This message has been edited by Kieran McConville (edited 05-24-2002).]

I'm not sure I'd pick Bono. I love his voice and his songs, but I'm not sure if he's a great conversationalist, and that's what I'm basing my picks upon.

I'd pick Conan O'Brien: He's smart, funny and would make it incredibily hard to finish my meal since I'd be laughing the whole time.

Woody Allen: for the same reasons as Conan.

Bill O'Reilly: We share enough in common concerning politics that I'd have some fun debating the issues with comedians like Woody and Conan.

Ralph Nader: He'd add some substance and dry wit.

Adolph Hitler: just because he's so infamous and mysterious. I wonder if anyone else would pick this guy.

?Plato - i had the honour to translate many of his texts, would like to know what he actually meant. (would like to invite Mr Seneca for the same reason but that would be too much for one night id say)
?Duke of Wellington - to tell me more about the battle of waterloo (i have this weird interest in warry stuff.. would have invited nappers if only my french wasnt this bad)
?Angelina Jolie - i like her and id like to know what makes her collect the things she collects and what makes her do the things she does etc. (dunno if this means billy bob comes over too...)
?Timo B - b/c ive never talked to him and dont know him at all. and since this whole dinner is as impossible as me ever sending a pic to a certain op, hed be perfect on this list
?MC - my bestest friend, shes absolutely the coolest person on this planet and i wouldnt mind at all it my dinner turns out to be a big mistake, cos of the guests i chose, if shes there.. she could still turn it into a party.. go mc!

i almost picked adolfus but i didnt

cant recall for what reasont though.. but if dukey cant come i might invite him after all

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Bono
Queen Elizabeth the First
Jesus
John Irving
Guy Pearce

How the feck did I not pick Hitler???

I am changing all mine..... (most anyway...)

Bono
Adolf Hitler
Queen Elizabeth I
Jesus
Christopher Columbus

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Dinner w/any 5 ppl huh....Only 5??? Awww well ok...first I'd order out food 'coz right now my cooking skill are on the level of ..what cooking skills lol so 5ppl...hmmm

#1.Bono- mainly because I somehow see me having a lot in common w/the man and....well I very much doubt my boyfriend would even let Edge come 100ft near the front door! LOL
#2.Sting- Do I even have to explain Why I'd want that sexy brit singer over @ my place?? Come on..private lessons on Tantra!
#3.Jim Morrison- The man was ahead of his time and it would be such a dream to get a chance to talk to him
#4.Anne Rice- I LOVE her Vampire Cronical books!
#5.The Devil- I'm curious enough to want to sit down and hear his side of the story... yea call me insane if you want but part of me has always wondered why he became the devil from his own mind.

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

Let's see...
1. Edge
2. Jim Morrison
3. Pete Townshend
4. Thomas Jefferson
5. Alyssa Milano (hey Morrison, keep your hands above the table!)

------------------
The joker is the best card.

jesus_zoom.jpg

Sorry, a lot of you are going to have an empty seat at your dinner party.

The number one requested guest respectfully declines all invitations.

He says the last time he came to supper ,...

Well, it ended badly for him.

deep

[This message has been edited by deep (edited 05-24-2002).]

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
ed who?

Ed Harcourt, from the cat video. Ed Harcourt, from my signature.... must.... refrain.... from.... gushing.... about.... Ed.... *cough wwww.edharcourt.com cough*

------------------
Beneath the heart of darkness/ Lies an old machine that's reeling/ Forgotten dust and sunlight/ Silent and removed from feeling/ The peace in my mind is drowning, fading down/ There's nothing left burning, it's all out

ozaurora, that's so sweet that you'd wanna bring your dog to dinner.
smile.gif

i also like the fact that quite a few people named friends and family members.
biggrin.gif

so here's mine, for non-famous:

1. my husband (yay!)
2. my grandfather who died before i was born
3. my mom
4. my dad
5. my grandfather (ummm, my mom's dad, oops)

and for famous:
1. jesus (hehe, i liked what deep said, so maybe this wouldn't be a good choice.)
2. nick rhodes
3. bono
4. ali hewson
5. trudie styler (if i invited her husband i don't think anyone would get to talk to him or bono
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
i like the highlife and the lowlife. it's just the bit in between i find boring.
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

1- Jesus

2- Bono

3- Darren Hayes (loveliest guy on the planet)

4- Andr? Schneider (intriguing guy, would be very interesting to talk to)

5- Philip Yancey (to tell him how much I adore his books)

ed who?

alright my five...

adolf hitler (i was surprised noone picked him until the end)
julius caesar
bono
Jesus (its pretty much a given)
the woman who will be my wife, but i wont know it until the dinner takes place. odd.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

Well, here are mine - guess I kind of cheated - and its sooooooooooo difficult to pick 5, could really pick 5 from music, 5 from film, 5 from history etc.. but anyway, as music is such a huge part of my life here they are:

My Girlfriend (wouldn't have anyone there ahead of her)
Bono and Ali (counting that as one cos its only one invitation :p)
Jeff Buckley
Neil Finn
Russell Crowe

think they're all interesting people really. No way I'd have royalty at my dinner - we want to enjoy ourselves.
..oh and I'd cook
biggrin.gif
(thats pressure for you eh?)

Reminded of me of this bit from Father Ted (and God created Woman)
Polly Clarke (author): "I always thought that if Joyce, Keats and Lawrence were sitting in a room together and Dostoevsky walked in, there'd be a hell of a fight for the last piece of oudding"
(Ted hesitates, then laughs loudly, turns away with a look that says "what the feck does that mean?")

------------------
Then we sat on our own star and dreamed of the way that we were and the
way that we wanted to be
Then we sat on our own star and dreamed of the way that I was for you
and that you were for me
And then we long to dance the night away
And turned to each other saying 'I love you, baby I love you'
Oh the way that young lovers do

?*~darkcloud~*?

Back
Top Bottom