Dildo, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska, Alaska
- Sexy Peak, Idaho
- Fucking, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland
- Bastard Township, Ontario
- Useless Loop, Western Australia
- Tea, South Dakota
- Giggleswick, England
- Whakapapa (pronounced "Fuck a Papa"), New Zealand, aka Incest
- Jen's Room, Lamethreadlocation, Geelong
- Twatt, Shetland
- Fingringhoe, Essex
- Blowhard, Victoria
- Orange Free State, South Africa
- Middle Intercourse Island
- Disneyland, Lamethreadlocation, US of Lamerica
- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec
- disqualified
- Boring Lava Field, Oregon
- Morón Air Base, Spain
- Comet 3D/Biela (lost)

now we find ourselves in dildo, a city with a history as long as...well you know. read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildo,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador

KhanadaRhodes 177
Axver 169
LemonMelon 117
Varitek 117
unico 75
phillyfan26 52
the tourist 46
Screwtape2 40
coolian2 32
mysterious_jen 32
cinnaminson 30
LemonMacPhisto 28
Alisaura 26
mandy1973 16
COBL_04 14
RavenBlue 9
phanan 8
BonoManiac 6
The Sad Punk 4
major_panic 4
Dalton 3
bono_man2002 2
Sicy 2
flybabe 1
RegularBonoFan 1
gvox 1
Irishteen 1

i win :hi5:

oops, i posted after khan in the last thread

LemonMelon said:

Sounds good. I'll check it out.

I must say, however, I'm biased against Campbell's Select because of their version of tomato soup, which looked (and tasted) very much like pasta sauce with water added.

i'm against them too generally, mostly cause normal cambell's sucks ass, but the fiesta chicken veggie or whatever it is is good. and it's pop top!

Varitek said:

lol

trader joe's. has it made it to appalacia? they have a great creamy tomato in a carton

also good cartons of chicken broth, veggie broth, a squash soup, etc

Yes, we have one about an hour or so from here. Whenever we're near one I make a point to stock up. This one time, I came across these gluten-free pretzel sticks there...:drool: I have no idea why they were so superior to any other kind, but still.

Also, they have an intriguing selection of beverages.

make that 7 of the top 8 upon closer consideration!

so anyone have any youtube u2 recommendations? i'm dl'ing stuff with my new mac widget for my ipod. i think i have every music video ever, and a bunch of interviews, but recommendations welcome, especially of comical early stuff.

Varitek said:

:hi5:

also america was like 5 of the top 6, peefan will be delighted

Oh, that's awesome. :hi5:

The Yanks have been dominating these threads more than ever lately. Have these threads lost their way???

Nah.

LemonMelon said:

Yes, we have one about an hour or so from here. Whenever we're near one I make a point to stock up. This one time, I came across these gluten-free pretzel sticks there...:drool: I have no idea why they were so superior to any other kind, but still.

Also, they have an intriguing selection of beverages.

god they are brilliant. i dunno if you icnlude india in your dislike of asian food but if not they have great dried indian stuff as i said, also good dried thai tuna. and good frozen stuff, from like indian meals to ravioli and other fancy pastas to black bean burgers to burritos. and great salsa and other dips, though i actually don't like their hummus compared to other brands. and their pies/tarts are amazing. and they have apple butter and almond butter etc, speaking of. and great trail/nut mixes. um...i could go on forever. check out the creamy tomato soup in the carton, i like to add some dill, basil, oregano, and sometimes crushed red pepper, and have it with a yummy grilled cheese, maybe grilled cheese pesto.

khan can you eat brie? because trader joes also has good frozen appetizer type things, from little queeshes to these bries with cranberry and other stuffings in them... :drool:

i have some brie right now, i've been using it to make grilled sandwiches in the dining hall on bad food meals. i made turkey, brie, honey mustard, greens and apples, and then ham, brie, and grilled mushrooms spinach tomato and onion, and thursday's dinner sucks so i'll use the last of it with some pesto i acquired for brie-salami-pesto-tomato

Varitek said:

god they are brilliant. i dunno if you icnlude india in your dislike of asian food but if not they have great dried indian stuff as i said, also good dried thai tuna. and good frozen stuff, from like indian meals to ravioli and other fancy pastas to black bean burgers to burritos. and great salsa and other dips, though i actually don't like their hummus compared to other brands. and their pies/tarts are amazing. and they have apple butter and almond butter etc, speaking of. and great trail/nut mixes. um...i could go on forever. check out the creamy tomato soup in the carton, i like to add some dill, basil, oregano, and sometimes crushed red pepper, and have it with a yummy grilled cheese, maybe grilled cheese pesto.

:drool: This post mentions many wonderful things. That dried thai tuna sounds particularly good. I love tuna.

And trail mix. :drool:

Varitek said:
khan can you eat brie? because trader joes also has good frozen appetizer type things, from little queeshes to these bries with cranberry and other stuffings in them... :drool:

i have some brie right now, i've been using it to make grilled sandwiches in the dining hall on bad food meals. i made turkey, brie, honey mustard, greens and apples, and then ham, brie, and grilled mushrooms spinach tomato and onion, and thursday's dinner sucks so i'll use the last of it with some pesto i acquired for brie-salami-pesto-tomato
i've never tried brie, actually. i came close to trying it one time at work when they brought a fruit and cheese tray along with a dessert tray the high rollers didn't use. a coworker tried some brie and promptly spit it out. i was like hmmm....shouldn't try the brie then.

LemonMelon said:

Home schooled. :corn: This explains my consistently strong late-night showings. :wink:

cool

is it cause you're in the middle of nowhere with bad schools or for other reasons?

what does your school day look like? what kind of things do you study, and how is it organized (like what would a year or semester look like - are topics spread out or do you have a week of just this or that)?

do you do activities and stuff to meet people?

LemonMelon said:
In some ways, yes I am.

However, I'm in this nuthouse I call home far more often than anyone deserves to.
:hug: lol, i get out fairly often and you should see the crazy shit i do. the worst part is, when i make a fool of myself, i allow myself to be photographed.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've never tried brie, actually. i came close to trying it one time at work when they brought a fruit and cheese tray along with a dessert tray the high rollers didn't use. a coworker tried some brie and promptly spit it out. i was like hmmm....shouldn't try the brie then.

brie is amazing. it might be slightly acquired but it's so worth it. it's good on crackers or sandwiches, in fact i'd recommend trying it with lots of other stuff first to mix the tastes...

i also love goat cheese, in salads (goat cheese or blue cheese or feta is good with nuts carmelized onions and fruit - strawberries, rasberries, grapes, dried cranberries or cherries). or with crackers and/or grapes

KhanadaRhodes said:

someone needs a new computer

hey, when did you pass 10k?

This IS a new computer. The only site that's having problems is interference. Facebook's fine. Myspace is fine. Amazon is fine. Wikipedia is fine. My bank page is fine. Everything is fine. Except interference.

LemonMelon said:

:drool: This post mentions many wonderful things. That dried thai tuna sounds particularly good. I love tuna.

And trail mix. :drool:

it's not even dried, it's just in foil so it doesn't have to be refridgerated, perfect for college. they have red yellow and green curry whcih are all delicious, though need some rice.

trail mix comes in so many varieties, there was one this summer i had at work as a snack that was raisins and peanuts and banana chips and almonds or something, and it tasted like peanut butter and jelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom