Dildo, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

:huh:

I see no reason to go to run-of-the-mill places with mundane names when there are places with funny or unusual names to visit.

Because the "run-of-the-mill" places with mundane names are fun places, whereas the boring and mundance places have fun names. Just because you don't like roller coasters or baseball doesn't mean you have to knock it. How often do I make a fucking thread? 1 out of 20? Fucking humour me. Because I put up with the "funny" names all the time, roll my eyes, and get on with it. Why can't you?

the tourist said:

I find no need to go to any little run-down po-dunk towns when there are so many interesting places to see, Mr. Clayton.

but it's not like we "see" anything new by going to disneyland, we all know it exists, whereas random unintentionally funny place names are something new.

Varitek said:

but it's not like we "see" anything new by going to disneyland, we all know it exists, whereas random unintentionally funny place names are something new.

So this is a "funny place" educational forum now...?

the tourist said:

Because the "run-of-the-mill" places with mundane names are fun places, whereas the boring and mundance places have fun names. Just because you don't like roller coasters or baseball doesn't mean you have to knock it. How often do I make a fucking thread? 1 out of 20? Fucking humour me. Because I put up with the "funny" names all the time, roll my eyes, and get on with it. Why can't you?

Dude, no one is ever going to agree with you on this one. You are Phail Collins in this department.

LemonMelon said:

Dude, no one is ever going to agree with you on this one. You are Phail Collins in this department.

Oh well. Another one of my ideas slips out of my control. :huh: First the fake concert, then the superthreads.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, I can't even be bothered arguing with somebody who lacks a sense of humour.

It doesn't matter anyway, as I believe we revoked his thread-making privileges after Disneyland.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, the electives I have are consistently terrible. This year, it was between plane geometry and chemistry. Since I hate anything involving mathematics and I've always been a science/biology nerd, it was a relatively easy choice.

Next year, I get poli-sci, which should be cool.

so you can't just say "hey i wanna learn about astronomy/geology/music theory/art history/etc" and do it?

the tourist said:

Oh well. Another one of my ideas slips out of my control. :huh: First the fake concert, then the superthreads.

The Superthreads weren't your idea. :huh:

Axver said:

The Superthreads weren't your idea. :huh:

I did post the very first one that we called a superthread that wasn't just a hijacked thread, suggested we call it a superthread, and suggested that we keep track of where we've been, and suggested we go to various places.

Varitek said:

hahahha someone made that joke like 5 pages ago

'Cause it's true.

Cin, have you and Jen planned your next Melbourne U2 3D jaunt yet? :wink:

Varitek said:

so you can't just say "hey i wanna learn about astronomy/geology/music theory/art history/etc" and do it?

Well, yes, but I wouldn't get graded for it. :wink:

There's a TON of freedom involved in what I do, and sometimes I feel as if I've wasted it. Because of the lack of repetition involved in my work, it cuts the time back a bit, so I have much more free time. Of course, I've learned a lot over the past 10 years or so, but probably could have done more with my time. Water under the bridge, of course.

LemonMelon said:

Well, yes, but I wouldn't get graded for it. :wink:

There's a TON of freedom involved in what I do, and sometimes I feel as if I've wasted it. Because of the lack of repetition involved in my work, it cuts the time back a bit, so I have much more free time. Of course, I've learned a lot over the past 10 years or so, but probably could have done more with my time. Water under the bridge, of course.

hahaha that's exaclty how i feel about college, i get decent grades and mail it in, i could have learned more/done more and wasted less time, but oh well

Varitek said:
night khan

brain play from highlights: could a goldfish ride a scooter? could a dog? a monkey?

According to Bono, fishes don't need bicycles, which clearly means they need scooters instead. Go with the fish.

Varitek said:

hahaha that's exaclty how i feel about college, i get decent grades and mail it in, i could have learned more/done more and wasted less time, but oh well

I think I'm really going to like college. Or, at least, it won't be a horrible shock to the system or anything. I already sleep in late and get my work in at the last possible second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom