Dildo, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up on the last thread ...

Originally posted by Khaaaaananananada
:hmm: eggplant is called aubergine in england, and egg fruit in australia :hmm:

No it's not. It's eggplant. This is the first time I've ever heard "egg fruit", and if somebody said that to me, I'd wonder what the fuck they're on about.

Axver said:
No it's not. It's eggplant. This is the first time I've ever heard "egg fruit", and if somebody said that to me, I'd wonder what the fuck they're on about.
:lol: it was on a cooking show, and they've never reported misinformation. BUT you live there, they don't, so i'd believe your word over theirs.

KhanadaRhodes said:

that must hurt!
rimshot.gif

Way to bring the lulz, Khaaaaaananananada.

Varitek said:

so your parents subscribe to some sort of homeschooling curriculum?

Yeah, they provide the books and set a lesson plan, but it never gets followed. The repetition would eat away at my soul.

speaking of weird names for veggies, in ghana avocado was called butterpear

and speaking of eggplant and feta, eggplant sauted or baked with tomato, maybe zuchini, and some herbs and onion and garlic, with olive oil, toss a little feta on top... :up:

Varitek said:

that is part of why school ate away at my soul

Can you imagine that kind of repetition coupled with the utter lack of social drama high school entails?

It's enough to turn you emo, without a machine worth rising against.

hey americans, who remembers Highlights for Children from your dentist's office or whatever? for some reason they have sent me the feb. and may. editions to my college mailbox......

hidden pictures is still awesome!

the tourist said:
And what type of pictures would those be? :flirt:
lol, nothing sexy, sorry. pictures of me drunk and in compromising positions have been long since deleted.

i do really weird stuff in public. like, i was eating soup, and i was done with it. we had extra lemon slices on the table, so i put them in the soup and pretended i was eating lemon slice soup. or ummm...if an emo sounding song comes on i'll grab the knife and start pretending to slit my wrists and crying. i like embarrassing myself in restaurants, really.

LemonMelon said:

Can you imagine that kind of repetition coupled with the utter lack of social drama high school entails?

It's enough to turn you emo, without a machine worth rising against.

i mostly tried to avoid social drama, i'd say it balanced out between me getting a kick out of it/being entertained and me being aggravated or bothered or wasting time on it.

but the other thing i hated about my high school (which was 7th grade on) was the lack of creativity, and lack of choice for electives

Axver said:

You can talk, Mr Fenway Park/Disneyland/Mars.

I find no need to go to any little run-down po-dunk towns when there are so many interesting places to see, Mr. Clayton.

Varitek said:
hey americans, who remembers Highlights for Children from your dentist's office or whatever? for some reason they have sent me the feb. and may. editions to my college mailbox......

hidden pictures is still awesome!

FUCK YES. Hidden pictures is always awesomrific. Used to solve those with my mother when I was little.

LemonMelon said:

He was planning on using "A place called Vertigo" as a location.

I can't prove it, but he was.

:lol:

By "He", LM means himself (as he's talking in 3rd person, obviously). If I was to take us anywhere in a U2 song, it'd probably be somewhere like Sommerhill.

the tourist said:

I find no need to go to any little run-down po-dunk towns when there are so many interesting places to see, Mr. Clayton.

:huh:

I see no reason to go to run-of-the-mill places with mundane names when there are places with funny or unusual names to visit.

Varitek said:

i mostly tried to avoid social drama, i'd say it balanced out between me getting a kick out of it/being entertained and me being aggravated or bothered or wasting time on it.

but the other thing i hated about my high school (which was 7th grade on) was the lack of creativity, and lack of choice for electives

Yeah, the electives I have are consistently terrible. This year, it was between plane geometry and chemistry. Since I hate anything involving mathematics and I've always been a science/biology nerd, it was a relatively easy choice.

Next year, I get poli-sci, which should be cool.

LemonMelon said:

He was planning on using "A place called Vertigo" as a location.

I can't prove it, but he was.

I am disappointed that Wikipedia lists no places called Vertigo. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom