Dildo, Newfoundland Superthread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #316
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

They should bring back that green spider dude, he fixed it up, I never saw it looking so good

*gone*

U2.COM = OWNED.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #317
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I've actually written on Calvin before. I think his contribution to political science is rather overlooked, but as I'm bored with PolSci these days, I haven't taken it any further. But that guy freaks me the fuck out.
Hah, we were discussing him today in Systematic Theology 101; in the words of my tutor, "what an absolute bastard!"

He's a strange, strange one. I guess it's what happens when you're a lawyer...

Of considerable interest around that time period, and often overlooked, is Ulrich Zwingli, "the theologian with the sword". You should look him up if you get some time, he's fascinating. Died in battle against Catholics.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #318
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Hah, we were discussing him today in Systematic Theology 101, in the words of my tutor, "what an absolute bastard!"

He's a strange, strange one. I guess it's what happens when you're a lawyer...

Of considerable interest around that time period, and often overlooked, is Ulrich Zwingli, "the theologian with the sword". You should look him up if you get some time, he's fascinating. Died in battle against Catholics.
Yeah, Calvin doesn't sound like the finest bloke to hang out with.

I'm actually familiar with Zwingli - when I did my work on Calvin, I wanted to do some comparison/contrast with Zwingli's role in Zurich but I ran out of room. I got bogged down in the way divorce law was revolutionised in Calvin's Geneva. Surprisingly interesting stuff.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #319
Vocal parasite

Fuck. I've written 574 words so far, meaning I really only have room for one more paragraph before my conclusion, and I don't feel I've argued much yet and the two main paragraphs of argumentation are yet to come.

At 574 words, I'd normally be just finishing my intro!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 AM   #320
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Fuck. I've written 574 words so far, meaning I really only have room for one more paragraph before my conclusion, and I don't feel I've argued much yet and the two main paragraphs of argumentation are yet to come.

At 574 words, I'd normally be just finishing my intro!
Well, my main body consisted of a couple of arguments without much support, no citing the opposing argument and a very short conclusion... Hell, the whole essay was short.

I've now written 39 words, yay. Only 1960 to go!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 AM   #321
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Yeah, Calvin doesn't sound like the finest bloke to hang out with.

I'm actually familiar with Zwingli - when I did my work on Calvin, I wanted to do some comparison/contrast with Zwingli's role in Zurich but I ran out of room. I got bogged down in the way divorce law was revolutionised in Calvin's Geneva. Surprisingly interesting stuff.
Calvin's Geneva was very interesting all right. I did a brief doc study on his Ordinances for the Genevan church, and was suprised at how much of a nosy bugger he wanted the church to be. And the assumption that everyone at the time was, and wanted to be, Protestants.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Holy crap, this place has slowed down. I think everyone's actually doing work!

I should try to do some too then.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #323
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Well, my main body consisted of a couple of arguments without much support, no citing the opposing argument and a very short conclusion... Hell, the whole essay was short.

I've now written 39 words, yay. Only 1960 to go!
I wanted to insert a bit bagging Post, but I think it's just going to be a "see Post" footnote after a sentence where I say something to the effect of "some have emphasised the psychology of the terrorist as the cause". Bleh. I feel like I spent two paragraphs defining what I'm on about and still glossed over everything.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 08:20 AM   #324
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Calvin's Geneva was very interesting all right. I did a brief doc study on his Ordinances for the Genevan church, and was suprised at how much of a nosy bugger he wanted the church to be. And the assumption that everyone at the time was, and wanted to be, Protestants.
What I find interesting is that despite his extreme social control, he in some regards actually liberalised or moved things forward. His divorce laws that I mentioned are fascinating for the reason that they actually grant more power to women than the surrounding societies did, and in some cases gender provisions were equal.

There is also a case that Calvin had an influence on the development of the international order we know today - i.e. territorial states - but I never got the chance to research this in depth. I began to, but by that time, PolSci had lost its lustre for me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #325
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Holy crap, this place has slowed down. I think everyone's actually doing work!

I should try to do some too then.
... scary.

Though as I work, I keep thinking of other things I need to do. "Yeah, I should take out the rubbish!" "Vacuuming might be a good idea." "How about doing a load of washing?"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #326
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

... scary.

Though as I work, I keep thinking of other things I need to do. "Yeah, I should take out the rubbish!" "Vacuuming might be a good idea." "How about doing a load of washing?"
Same here, except it's "Hey, why don't I write a theological paper on this?" or "Now, what else do I need to put on the external hard drive?" or "Hey look, kung fu fighting!"
Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:01 PM
put dishwasher on and tidied up , washign also looks good to , fark work
Old 04-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

HOLY SHIT, I'm gonna be in a Chinese MTV video! Along with some other fellow martial arts types! Filming on Friday!

FUCK WORK, now I've gotta plan a martial arts routine...
Old 04-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #329
Vocal parasite

Quote:
HOLY SHIT, I'm gonna be in a Chinese MTV video! Along with some other fellow martial arts types! Filming on Friday!

FUCK WORK, now I've gotta plan a martial arts routine...
Wow, you lucky bastard.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #330
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Wow, you lucky bastard.
Although, we'll probably all watch the video and go "what the hell was he singing about anyway?"

Tags
superthread