Digital cameras and Macs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
check out the canon powershot line. there is something for about every price range and they are all great cameras for the price. i have an a80 and my dad has an a85...great cameras and work natively on OSX.

is the mac new? :drool:

I'm assuming the cameras work as well on Macs as on PCs, as long as the bundled software is made for both platforms. As for digicams in general, it's Canon, Nikon or bust really. Kodaks are very popular and user friendly, but the pics are not as crisp and Kodaks are known to have issues with "noise" b/c they don't use the same quality lenses as Canon. Sony makes some very compact models, but that really has no effect on the picture quality. Olympus is usually good too, but their memory cards are a different type and more expensive. Anything from the Canon PowerShot line is good, just depends on what zoom you want and how many megapixels (I would recommend nothing over 4MP b/c you can print up to 8x10 at that res and anything larger just means a slower camera and you'll need more memory card space). I know you can get Canon PS A75s for less than $200. All you'd need then is a nice set of nimh rechargeable batteries and a larger CF card (comes w/ a 32 MB I think).

yeah everything works well. i've got a canon powershot that's a couple years old and worked with my brand new mac. as soon as i plugged it in, iphoto came up and was like "hey do you wanna import the photos? oh and while i'm asking, do you want me to remove the photos on the card or leave them there?" :love:

KhanadaRhodes said:
yeah everything works well. i've got a canon powershot that's a couple years old and worked with my brand new mac. as soon as i plugged it in, iphoto came up and was like "hey do you wanna import the photos? oh and while i'm asking, do you want me to remove the photos on the card or leave them there?" :love:

yeah macs are great aren't they. what kind do you have. I just got a new powerbook with a dvd burner and love it!

the rockin edge said:

yeah macs are great aren't they. what kind do you have. I just got a new powerbook with a dvd burner and love it!

i have a first generation ibook g4 and a u2 ipod. :drool:

i just hate how everything goes out of date so quickly. the latest revision ibooks are far superior to mine and the u2 ipod is now COLOR! :drool: :drool:

the rockin edge said:
:yes: you know who else liked macs? that's right...

15408ellen.jpg

haha but seriously i just got a mac mini. i love it, i got it all tricked out, it may have been cheap but it's 1.42 ghz with 512 mb of ram and i've got tiger on it now. :love: i'm loving spotlight and dashboard. i've not even had a chance to look at everything else that's new with tiger.

i also got an ipod a couple years ago when they first came out with windows versions (back when there were separate versions), it's a second generation. i'm gonna get money back cuz of the faulty battery, all right! $50 gift certificate for apple, which i can even use at the itunes music store. i know what i'm doing! :cool: i also just got something in the mail for the hp i bought back in 01 which i qualify for as well. i seem to luck out with these class-action lawsuits.

Back
Top Bottom