digital cameras and batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
I've just bought a digital camera,only a cheapo Olympus 3.2 megapixel.The problem is that it seems to use up the batteries stupidly quick.I put 2 duracel in and within about 1 hour they were totally shot(thats without much 'zooming)
Is this normal or have i got a dodgy camera? :(

boystupidboy said:
im gonna take a photo of my u2 tickets and send it to you,atleast you'll know what they look like then:giggle:

sterb117.gif

I'm no expert but digital cameras use batteries with a higher current than your regular batteries. Maybe you should see how much mA the batteries you put in give and check the manual how much your camera needs.

DrTeeth said:
I'm no expert but digital cameras use batteries with a higher current than your regular batteries. Maybe you should see how much mA the batteries you put in give and check the manual how much your camera needs.

Can u manage that......brummie?

:giggle:

DrTeeth said:
oooo that sounds a bit technical,but i'll check...ta:|

I have a Sony Cyber-shot, but it came with some recharbable cyber-shot batteries which hold a charge for absolutely ages - I charged them for the first time in over a month and a half last nite. I recommend trying to get your hands on some of those if you can - they'll keep you going for about 9 hours.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Rechargeable Batteries. :drool: I have Energizer and they work like a charm. I have the rechargeable ones since Decemeber 2004 and have yet to replace them. :drool:

One of the things I love about this forum is how that drool smilie is used for the most random things :wink:

:drool:

My camera will go through regular 8 AA batteries if I'm taking photos at a family event, especially if I'm using the flash. I bought a more expensive charger and 4 AA set. In Africa (where I wasn't using a flash), they lasted for almost three days straight without needing to be recharged, and at the time I was shooting constantly.

^ I used those for the U2 show and they lasted the entire show and then some.

Back
Top Bottom