Digital camera flash memory card question - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:39 AM
We've had great success with the Lexar 256, 128 and 64 mb....lotta pics, great quality..and the price is right...so many cards cause I shoot a lot of photos during work..

Old 05-28-2005, 08:30 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Heh...I had to go to Best Buy today for a cooling pad for my laptop b/c they had the cheapest price. God, it was AWFUL!!! I was going this way and that, trying my best not to make eye contact, but they have like 5 employees down every isle! I couldn't find the cooling pads and had no choice but to ask someone. They were out in the open area where all the computers are...so inevitably 5 guys asked if I needed help. Then they saw I was carrying the cooling pad and were like "oh, that....really cools it down! Yeah!" like DUH you fucking morons, get a real job! My roommate was w/ me and I believe she muttered something about us not getting any respect unless we had penises. Best Buy is really the only time/place where I am outright rude to people and don't care.

Anyway, yes, Lexar is a good choice.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
My roommate was w/ me and I believe she muttered something about us not getting any respect unless we had penises.
There was no muttering involved.
Yes, we are standing in the computer section. No, we don't have penises. Yes, we do know what we're doing, go away before you get hurt.

The people there must constantly think customers are trying to shoplift because you have to avoid eye contact and run away to avoid them, especially if you're female. I actually heard one of them say "oh, they're going down there!" and then send someone after us.

AND one time I had a guy actually try to tell me that I couldn't put music on regular CD-Rs and had to buy the more expensive music CD-Rs. I told him I'd done it before and he told me no, they must have been music CD-Rs. We all but argued for 15 minutes before I just gave up and left.
Just thinking about it makes me want to scream.

Other than that I have nothing to contribute to this thread because my camera uses SD cards.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 02:39 PM
Quote:
Heh...I had to go to Best Buy today for a cooling pad for my laptop b/c they had the cheapest price. God, it was AWFUL!!! I was going this way and that, trying my best not to make eye contact, but they have like 5 employees down every isle! I couldn't find the cooling pads and had no choice but to ask someone. They were out in the open area where all the computers are...so inevitably 5 guys asked if I needed help. Then they saw I was carrying the cooling pad and were like "oh, that....really cools it down! Yeah!" like DUH you fucking morons, get a real job! My roommate was w/ me and I believe she muttered something about us not getting any respect unless we had penises. Best Buy is really the only time/place where I am outright rude to people and don't care.
I have learned that going to Best Buy weekday afternoons is dead time, and they have basically a skeleton shift running the place. If there are a lot of people there the register wait is a little longer, but I find its not difficult to go through the aisles and not encounter any employees.
Quote:
Anyway, yes, Lexar is a good choice.
True Story: I bought a Lexar Elite 256MB JumpDrive from Best Buy that I've been using. One day I forgot to take it out of my pants, so it went through the wash, and in a panic I plugged it into my PC, it worked perfectly, no problems at all.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I went to Fry's today and did not have any problems with the salesmen.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #21
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
I went to Fry's today and did not have any problems with the salesmen.
Fries.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:27 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:29 PM   #23
New Yorker

Old 05-28-2005, 09:30 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Old 05-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #25
New Yorker

Old 05-28-2005, 09:37 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

*strikes a pose*
Old 05-30-2005, 01:09 AM   #27
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultraviolet Light

AND one time I had a guy actually try to tell me that I couldn't put music on regular CD-Rs and had to buy the more expensive music CD-Rs. I told him I'd done it before and he told me no, they must have been music CD-Rs. We all but argued for 15 minutes before I just gave up and left.
Just thinking about it makes me want to scream.

Wow, just wow, he argued with you for 15 minutes. I can see trying to get the larger sale, but he just lost the sale completely. Back in my retail days, the first thing you learn is not to argue with a customer. Even if they are doing the dumbest thing in the world, try to talk them out of it once, and if they insist, let them do it.