Diet soda appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UnforgettableLemon said:

pop = soda, though it seems to be more of a regional word. No one where I live really uses it.

only freaks say pop

Chizip said:

only freaks say pop

:up:

they say pop in upstate new york and in parts of new england...

my roommates freshman year in college were all from either nyc or long island... we banashed people who used the word "pop" from our room.

no really point there... just sayin.

a regional thing i really hate is when i'm ordering pizza... here, i call up to place an order, and i ask for a "large pie," and they give me a friggin regular old cheese pizza.

i go to new england and i order a large pie, they look at me like i want a pumpkin pie or something. one time a friend of mine ordred a large pie, and when he went down to pick it up, they had an order of french fries waiting for him. and to top it off, i finally give in and call to order a large "pizza," so that they understand, and they have the fucking nerve to ask me "what do you want on it?"

CHEESE AND SAUCE YOU ASSHOLE!!! if i wanted something on it, i would have asked for it to begin with.

bah... maybe this is just a new york thing.

Come to boston, we'll give you diet tonic. Drinking diet cherry coke as I type. I love the coke zero but I seem to be among the minority with that. Anything diet that is non-cola is good to me. Get sick of coke every once in a while. Barqs makes the best diet rootbeer, cant even taste a difference. I really should drink more water.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:up:

they say pop in upstate new york and in parts of new england...

my roommates freshman year in college were all from either nyc or long island... we banashed people who used the word "pop" from our room.

no really point there... just sayin.

a regional thing i really hate is when i'm ordering pizza... here, i call up to place an order, and i ask for a "large pie," and they give me a friggin regular old cheese pizza.

i go to new england and i order a large pie, they look at me like i want a pumpkin pie or something. one time a friend of mine ordred a large pie, and when he went down to pick it up, they had an order of french fries waiting for him. and to top it off, i finally give in and call to order a large "pizza," so that they understand, and they have the fucking nerve to ask me "what do you want on it?"

CHEESE AND SAUCE YOU ASSHOLE!!! if i wanted something on it, i would have asked for it to begin with.

bah... maybe this is just a new york thing.

i didn't live far enough upstate in ny to hear people say pop.

and though i live so close to the asscrack of new england (no offense, any connecticut residents who might be reading this, i kid), i've yet to hear someone local say pop.

that pizza thing, though. i think i remember you telling that story. i can't remember what i said then, but i have witnessed blank stares at the word.

Back
Top Bottom