Diego Maradona - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #31
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by babyman
Maradona is the personification of football
he is the personification of all that is bad in football!

wasted talent, abuse of talent, too much money, drugs, cheating, lack of pride and a total failure of his responsibility to the blind millions that adore him!

Old 05-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 09:59 AM
You have to give him some credit for trying to get his life back on track now thought! Dont you?!

Old 05-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #33
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
He was a very good player , wouldn't say great , I would say that he was in the level of Cruyff or Platini for example , but for instance he's no match compared with the brazilians , besides he's has done so many bullshits in life , and I'm not talking' bout drugs.
Are you a complete idiot or what???? Your statement actually goes to show you know exactly nothing about Football. Diego Armando Maradona was THE greatest player that EVER played football. He was better than Pele. Maradona could do anything with a football. He carried the Argentinian team of 1986 to the World Cup single handedly. Had he not been in the team they would not have won the world cup. That is a certainty! Pele was a member of great teams. The 1970 Brazil team had a number of great players of which Pele was one. Also that can be said of the 1958 and 1962 teams of Brazil (Pele didn't even play in the 1962 team) but they still won the World Cup. Maradona not only inspired a very average Argentina team to win the World Cup in 1986 but also led Napoli in the Italian league to 2 titles which for a team like Napoli is a massive achievement.

So casting aside all his imperfections (drug taking, weight problems and the like) Maradona was the greatest player ever to play Football and if you knew anything about the beautiful game then you would probably realise this. This opinion comes from an English guy and not an Argentinian!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #34
Refugee

Quote:
Pele scored more than 1000 goals He won 3 cups for his country , plus the team of 70 is regarded as what would be in NBA the dream team , you
U really do nothing about Football. Pele was a member of the 1958 and 1970 World Cup teams. Check your history. He was injured in 1962!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #35
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
He's a tosser but he's still the greatest footballer ever.

Next.
See thats more like it. An opinion based on his footballing genius and not his personal life!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #36
War Child

Pelé is the greatest, even Diego said it.

Pelé played in the 1962 team, your statement actually goes to show you know exactly nothing about Football.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #37
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:59 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by guill
[B]Pelé is the greatest, even Diego said it.

No , Diego never said Pele was the greatest. Where did you hear that
Old 05-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #38
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by guill

Pelé played in the 1962 team, your statement actually goes to show you know exactly nothing about Football.
Check your records he never played in the 1962 World Cup Final against Czech. He was injured in the group games.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #39
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by guill

Here ya go font of all Football knowledge - Facts for you -

Bra - Eng quarter final 1962

BRA: Gilmar - D.Santos, Mauro (c), Zózimo, N.Santos - Zito, Garrincha - Didi,
Vavá, Amarildo, Zagalo

Bra - Chi Semi final 1962

BRA: Gilmar - D.Santos, Mauro (c), Zózimo, N.Santos - Zito, Garrincha,
Didi, Váva - Amarildo, Zagalo

Bra - CZE Final 1962

BRA: Gilmar - D. Santos, N. Santos, Zito - Mauro (c), Zózimo, Garrincha,
Didi - Vavá, Amarildo, Zagalo

Mmmm I see that pele is missing from these lineups, he played only 2 of the group games and didn't appear after that.
Pele had little influence on the 1962 World Cup as he was injured in the 2nd group game and never played after that in the 1962 World Cup and yet Brazil still went on to win the World Cup in 1962, hardly say that he inspired Brazil in 1962. As you see above I have included the Brazil team line-ups for you from the QF onwards so you can see that you indeed are also lacking in Football knowledge!
Old 05-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #40
New Yorker

Dude Pele was only left for the finals of 62 coz he was injured .

Besides you say that Pele wasn't the best player , and I AM THE idiot ? So Funny this forum these says

I can only say in your behalf you never saw Pele or any other brazilians of that golden age , now if you insist that Maradona was better it's your problem , your opinion , next time you go on call a person a idiot , look at the mirror
Old 05-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #41
New Yorker

Since u are so crazy about stats and all , why don't u go check here some facts........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele

And also if u're looking to a possible 2nd best , and also the man who won the cup of 62 for brazil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrincha

And finally look at this quote from this page

Pele was the best but Garrincha was better. Pele was a machine, Garrincha was an artist. Garrincha was Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney and a snake charmer all rolled into one.

Funny how they put other argentinians in these lines , isn't it .
Old 05-07-2006, 04:26 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:59 AM
Just wondering: Why is this completely soccer-related thread here, and not in Put Em' Under Pressure? It ceased being U2-related after the very first post.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #43
Refugee

Quote:
Dude Pele was only left for the finals of 62 coz he was injured .

Besides you say that Pele wasn't the best player , and I AM THE idiot ? So Funny this forum these says

I can only say in your behalf you never saw Pele or any other brazilians of that golden age , now if you insist that Maradona was better it's your problem , your opinion , next time you go on call a person a idiot , look at the mirror
Pele was a great player whose arguing about that. What I am saying is that your quote saying Maradona wasn't on a level with him which is crap. The only reason you and a lot of others base this argument is cos Pele was a better person in his private life and Maradona compared to Pele was the antichrist. It has nothing to do with Football or Maradonas talent. If you compare the two players footballing wise then they are 2 of the greatest players ever but in my opinion Maradona is the greatest I have ever seen. He could run with the ball and beat players like no other footballer the game has seen.

I was mentioning the 1962 World Cup and Pele wasn't involved after the group games cos you were stating Pele had a massive influence on their 3 World Cup wins when in fact he wasn't much of an influence in 1962. Also in 1970 the Brazil team was a fantastic team and not totally reliant on Pele whereas the Argentinian team of 1986 was TOTALLY reliant on Maradona, they were very average without him and would not have won that World Cup. I don't think you can say that about the Brazil teams of 1958 and 1970 and it was kinda proved in 1962 when Pele was missing for most of the tournament yet they still won the World Cup.

See its all in your post. You have this 'nothing is better than a Brazilian player' attitude and this actually blinds your reasoning. If you take away the nationality of the players then you would probably think differently OR if Maradona was Brazilian then he would have been the best thing since sliced bread. Me, on the other hand, base my opinion of what I see and not the nationality of the players and am not obsessed with everything Brazilian!
Old 05-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #44
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by biff
Just wondering: Why is this completely soccer-related thread here, and not in Put Em' Under Pressure? It ceased being U2-related after the very first post.
What the fuc# is Soccer????? It is Football! Played the world over and called FOOTBALL the World over EXCEPT in the USA where they INVENT their own sports (American Rugby football what the fuc# is it????) cos they can't play any of the Worlds PROPER sports. Get it right....its Football......invented in England....played the World over!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #45
New Yorker

Dude when I said compared to Brazilian I think everybody except understood I was saying the Top braz , I' meant the elite of that country , the greatests of Brazil like Pele , Garrincha , Zico , Rivelino and nowadays Ronaldinho . Got it now ?

And about this discussion , like I said it's nowhere , I'm sorry but I think everyone agrees on this , though you've only seen Maradona play and it's hard to u have a small idea of what Pele was able to do , this discussion is completely pointless , coz I think almost the whole world agree that Pele was out of this place , that man wasn't from earth , so therefore it's pointless to compare him with any other player , coz Pele was in a totally different level , it was like I said , like he was from other world . I no different from those believe in this way , So if were to compare Maradona with someone , in this case a fantastic u would have to go with someone like Garrincha , though again I believe Garrincha was better coz this man was crazy , he was what we can call a showman or other like Zico or other .

Though again that's my opinion I believe the best brazilian or other europeans which I quoted before are what I can say ' more complete ' than Maradona , Maradona was awesome , but like I never saw him making a great goal or any like great play with his right leg .

About the 70 team , yeah sure like I said it was like a dream team , but dude believe go ask any of them , or read what they say , though it was indeed a awesome team , it wouldn't be the half of it without their shirt n#10 . I don't recall any of the goals without Pele , specially on the tough games Pele was always vital on the goals .

And about the 58 team , without Pele and Garrincha , that team was still good but very away from brilliant , besides what tradition Brazil had then at that time ? What makes even greater the role of Pele , specially for someone that was only 17 at that time.