Die Hard Trilogy vs. The Bourne Trilogy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is better

• Die Hard

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Bourne

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
PlaTheGreat said:

Are there any other belated birthday presents you are ready to post about? :cute:

I just don't get it sometimes. You people here really do love to hate me don't you?

I know I don't need to tell you, because just like a lot of posters here you enjoy being a douche towards me. That's fine. But I'll say it anyway.

So what if I made that thread title, or other threads I create a little personal? It's just a joke anyway. Come now, I know you aren't too dumb to realize that was really an information thread, with fairly breaking content. So no, you know damn well that wasn't (unless you never even bothered to read it, in which case you have no right bringing it up in the first place) a "belated birthday present" discussion. It was a good scoop on the first poster and trailer on a highly anticipated film that's likely to garner a lot of awards attention for the season, and also a film that a lot of people here would probably overlook unless someone posted something about it.

Big rant for a tiny comment? You bet. I'm starting to get tired of being constantly insulted and berated on these boards by jackasses like yourself, for what reason? For having a passion for film? Is that really all? Why do I bother with this place anymore? I really wonder some times. I think if it weren't for a small handful of people I really enjoy talking to here I'd probably leave this place for good. It's really not worth it. $12? For what? Hmm.

Whatever, I should know better. There are always dickheads on forums, that's the nature of the internet. But now you can cue Bonochick or Sicy or whoever to come in here and warn me for personal attacks, when there are really a bunch of people here who are just a lot more tactful about doing the same to me whenever I post a god-damn thing here.

This isn't film school or a film school forum. I have no interest in being a "douche" towards you Lance, but it's very off putting and at times offensive. As are your many comments insulting people talking about Britney Spears or whatever and their relative intelligence compared to yours-that's the way it comes across. Unless you want to start your own forum and exclude those you deem unworthy, well I don't know what you can do other than ignore people and topics-because you can't control Zoo Station, basically. Or insult the opinions and intelligence of those you disagree with without some of them getting pissed off.

I think perhaps that was what she was trying to say to you, so no need to insult her for it. Maybe other people feel similar things but are intimidated to say anything exactly for the reasons of your post above, among other things. If you want to insult me for saying this, go right ahead :shrug: Maybe the better option would be to think about it. I bet even people in film school talk about things like Britney from time to time.

Last edited:
I've never had a problem with you, and hope never to have one. There is a fairly obvious group of people I was directing that rant towards, and they all know who they were. And it probably wasn't worth posting, because those people are people who don't care what I have to say anyway.

I know this isn't a film school forum and I understand people have certain levels of passion for different aspects of the media. But in given circumstances I have certain expectations when it comes to film discussion, which is usually the venue I choice to participate in. I don't expect everyone to offer indepth analytical musings or some crap like that, but more times than is reasonable there have been people who have simply brushed me off or insulted me because enjoy that kind of discussion.

Yeah, I know I'm abrassive, and can act like an asshole sometimes, I'm not making excuses for that. And I typically do ignore topics that don't interest me. I made one comment in the Britney thread because it really did strike me as absurd, and then I left. I only refer to it again, because those people continue to bring up threads I've made or participated in, in hopes of "burning" me or something, so I use that to highlight the difference in approach.

Because it's not really the fact that people disgree with me, or thing I'm a dick that bugs me, because I don't really care about that. It's just the complete disregard or purposeful ignorance select posters have towards my motivations or methods here that drives me crazy.

Well I don't know anything about any select group and you, I was merely giving my opinion based upon my observations- which granted aren't of every post directed at you. It was a general assessment based upon things I have observed. I just think perhaps some people have felt insulted and belittled or offended in some way and that has perhaps pissed them off. Just my thoughts, you'd have to take it up with them personally.

I have never insulted you for your kind of discussion but you have insulted me-not personally that I can ever recall, but the type of comments mentioned, well I can't help but be offended given my posts here. This is a fun forum for me, this particular one-and certainly not something that I think should be the cause of problems between people and/or insults. That's all. I will be honest though and say that I avoid posting in certain threads for the reasons I have stated, no need to belabor it.

PlaTheGreat said:
Yes, but this sub-forum has apparently become Lance's personal blog, so we must adhere to his opinions.

PlaTheGreat said:

Are there any other belated birthday presents you are ready to post about? :cute:

Can the sarcasm.

Lancemc said:

Yeah, sorry I try to offer discussions more interesting than "Britney Spears shaves her head again! How does this affect your life!?"

:rolleyes:

Same for you.

Canadiens1160 said:
This is the dumbest poll thread since my "The Edge vs. Eddie van Halen" comparison.

That's just plain rude. If you think a poll is dumb, don't participate.

Lancemc said:

I just don't get it sometimes. You people here really do love to hate me don't you?

I know I don't need to tell you, because just like a lot of posters here you enjoy being a douche towards me. That's fine. But I'll say it anyway.

So what if I made that thread title, or other threads I create a little personal? It's just a joke anyway. Come now, I know you aren't too dumb to realize that was really an information thread, with fairly breaking content. So no, you know damn well that wasn't (unless you never even bothered to read it, in which case you have no right bringing it up in the first place) a "belated birthday present" discussion. It was a good scoop on the first poster and trailer on a highly anticipated film that's likely to garner a lot of awards attention for the season, and also a film that a lot of people here would probably overlook unless someone posted something about it.

Big rant for a tiny comment? You bet. I'm starting to get tired of being constantly insulted and berated on these boards by jackasses like yourself, for what reason? For having a passion for film? Is that really all? Why do I bother with this place anymore? I really wonder some times. I think if it weren't for a small handful of people I really enjoy talking to here I'd probably leave this place for good. It's really not worth it. $12? For what? Hmm.

Whatever, I should know better. There are always dickheads on forums, that's the nature of the internet. But now you can cue Bonochick or Sicy or whoever to come in here and warn me for personal attacks, when there are really a bunch of people here who are just a lot more tactful about doing the same to me whenever I post a god-damn thing here.

Calling people douches and jackasses is NOT allowed, and you know it.

Yes, cue Bonochick to come in here and warn you...AND the others. Why you would think that I would only say something to you and let other people breaking the rules slide by confuses me. If I have emphasized one thing about how I moderate it's that I try my best to be fair. You assuming that I wouldn't say anything to the people being mean to you is insulting. There aren't people here who get a free pass to behave however they want.

It's still insulting...but I would just rather move on and stay on topic.

I'd contribute something to the topic if I could...but I haven't seen any Die Hard or Bourne movies. :angry: :reject:

I haven't seen the Bourne flicks yet (I'm going to have NetFlix marathon after the release of Ultimatum), but I'm in love with the Die Hard series (except #2).

I absolutely love the first one, it's in my Top 10 of all-time. This was Bruce Willis's "get-out-of-jail" free card; even if he did shit like Hudson Hawk or Striking Distance, he could still do a Die Hard movie and people would forget about that and acknowledge his awesomeness.

Die Hard 3 is at a whole 'nother level for me. Although it's not as good or memorable as the first, it's got the "Sam Jackson" element to it, which means if Sam Jackson's in it, with a developed character and great lines, it's going to give the movie 2 points no matter what... even if it's a terrible movie otherwise.

Live Free or Die Hard was too great an action flick not the mention. Love that movie to death.

Yippee Ki-yay muthafuckas.

Back
Top Bottom