Die, Drôme Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khan and Ashley, you're both totally on to beat me on this thread. I'm off to the ophthalmologist in just over an hour, then I'm taking the long way home so I can do some railfanning and grocery shopping.
:mad:

Well, you probably weren't getting any of the rooting part. Nobody on this thread does unless their name is Jen or Vazza.
:changes name:

on second thought...

So Hardy's list....Wow that's pretty punk :lol:

I just lit off the last of our fireworks in the rain.

Six sparklers at once, however, I should warn you, is not a good idea *nurses burn on hand*

OH GOD! I knew that Split Enz song (I Got You). I heard it on the radio the other day, I was thinking about putting it on my list, but I couldn't get my phone out in time to ID it :grumpy:

It's been on the cd at work a few times.

In fact,

I didn't include it in my paragraph, but I thought about mentioning that that playlist is almost entirely a homage to the CD at work. It seems to LOVE New Wave, and that's where I first heard a lot of the songs.

It's been on the cd at work a few times.

In fact,

I didn't include it in my paragraph, but I thought about mentioning that that playlist is almost entirely a homage to the CD at work. It seems to LOVE New Wave, and that's where I first heard a lot of the songs.
wow, you really do work at the best quiznos on the planet! :love:

Seriously though, how on earth are bands like The Cure and Joy Division retro? New wave I can see, but punk and post-punk? Just because new wave evolved out of it doesn't mean it too is retro.

See, if somebody pitches something to me as retro, I'm going to automatically expect some kind of cheesy synth-heavy shit that went #1 in 1979.

Seriously though, how on earth are bands like The Cure and Joy Division retro? New wave I can see, but punk and post-punk? Just because new wave evolved out of it doesn't mean it too is retro.

See, if somebody pitches something to me as retro, I'm going to automatically except some kind of cheesy synth-heavy shit that went #1 in 1979.

Ax, sometimes you make me sad. :(

See, if somebody pitches something to me as retro, I'm going to automatically expect some kind of cheesy synth-heavy shit that went #1 in 1979.
except? :giggle:

i think post punk is retro though. punk...not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom