Die, Drôme Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then with Boy, oh God, Boy, how many songs did they have in the 70s. And wwere they all good? No, but do I want an official release of Street Mission and Life on A Distant Planet? Yes.

I don't really know why I like Street Mission so much <__<

I genuinely love The Dream Is Over and Lost On A Silent Planet, and rank them highly. Plus, you've had your official Street Mission release on iTunes. :wink:

But yeah, they need material for the 40th anniversary cashgrab alright. :sigh:

A few years ago I went through stages of being sick of WOWY and Streets... but I've come out the other side and I'm on a big Streets kick at the moment, especially. I loooove playing that on bass :rockon:

It's strange how Streets has steadily, gradually declined for me. It used to be in my top five U2 songs. Now it's just in the top thirty or so. WOWY, however, has stayed pretty static. And the live versions of it from 1987-92 are so fucking awesome.

I'm tempted to finally give October a real listen <_<
Only if you want to. I understand why a lot of people think it's a "weak" album (whatever the hell that means... well, it just means they don't like it, but they're trying to convince people there's some sort of universal flaw in the music to blame, rather than some boring matter of personal taste), but I love it. I guess you have to be in the right mood to appreciate it, or something.

If they screw up TUF, i'll never forgive them, and that's no joke. They could release HTDAB pt.2 and I'd forgive them. Hell, they could release October part 2 (which you might like but I wouldn't) and I'd forgive them. But if they mess up this TUF rerelease, I can't forgive them.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for a rerecording of EPAA <_< I love the song, but I'm curious if Bono would like to clarify those lyrics XD

I'm with you. :up:

We all sort of knew/suspected that Boy would have the early tracks and October wouldn't have many unreleased tracks but there is no excuse for what they did with War. They had to have had more than one good track they never released. It isn't like the stuff carried over into TUF.

Only if you want to. I understand why a lot of people think it's a "weak" album (whatever the hell that means... well, it just means they don't like it, but they're trying to convince people there's some sort of universal flaw in the music to blame, rather than some boring matter of personal taste), but I love it. I guess you have to be in the right mood to appreciate it, or something.

It makes me sad that my rating/review of October on Rate Your Music is the most glowing there. I mean, it's pretty glowing alright, but I seem so alone! Poor unappreciated October.

Thus, for the record:
Gloria :drool:
ITABTAW :drool:
Rejoice :drool:
Fire :drool:
Tomorrow :drool:
Scarlet :drool:

I'm not hungover, just up too early. I've a doctor's appointment in about 45 minutes.

I'm not hungover, just up too early. I've a doctor's appointment in about 45 minutes.

Fuuun. That reminds me, I need to go to bed early so that I can get up in time for the joys of an ophthalmology appointment. Whee.

I honestly think the reason I ended up not being able to listen to it all the way through the first try was that I wanted to listen to it on my trip home from school, and it was going to be great, and everything, but then I got too into listening to something else, and it got dark out before I realized it, and October was making me fall asleep, then my mom called while I was listening and finally I just ejected the tape and threw it across the car :reject: and I've been bitter ever since.

Oh Axver, though we may both love TUF, our feelings on War are quite the opposite

My War ranking:

1. New Year's Day
2. Like A Song ...
3. Drowning Man
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. Seconds
6. Surrender
7. The Refugee
8. Two Hearts Beat As One
9. 40
20,000,000,000. Red Light

Love 1-6, like 7, meh towards 8-9. 40 is awesome live, though.

My War ranking:

1. New Year's Day
2. Like A Song ...
3. Drowning Man
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. Seconds
6. Surrender
7. The Refugee
8. Two Hearts Beat As One
9. 40
20,000,000,000. Red Light

Love 1-6, like 7, meh towards 8-9. 40 is awesome live, though.

1. Seconds
2. Two Hearts
3. SBS
4. NYD
5. Red Light
6. "40"
7. Like A Song
8. Drowning Man
9. The Refugee
10. Surrender

But, it's more like 1-4 are all tied for first and 5-10 are tied for second. War isn't my favorite album, it's not even my second or third, it might be 4th, but War is the ONLY album by U2 that i like EVERY song on. I absolutely love War, it's just that the album feels kind of weak. TUF has a couple tracks I skip (Pride, ISS) but the songs are so deep and amazing.

I mean the new remasters. I thought TJT remaster was just brilliant. :drool:

Well yeah, exactly. but at least he got TJT right

My version of War would replace Red Light with Be There and I suspect that Angels Tied To The Ground could make a neat closer in place of 40.

:banghead: WHAT ARE THOSE SONGS?!

I think I know them all and then more and more pop up and surprise me.

Ashley, how on earth is Red Light not dead last? :tsk:

Be There is a demo likely from 1982. Not really that good, I'd never use it for any more than a b-side. Angels Too Tied To The Ground is as yet unheard, to be released on the War remaster.

Personally, my alternate War subtracts Red Light and adds A Celebration and Treasure.

Red Light haters :madspit:

I realize I'm pretty much alone on this board. :sigh:

Excuse me while Red Light, EPAA, and I sit down for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom